• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Younger generation

J

James A

I am noticing that peoples morals are declining. These days people think kissing and other unpure things are ok before marraige. Is there no lady that Wants to wait until marraige. It is disapointing that the 18-30s age people are not focusing to God in general as a society. You can hardly watch tv or get on the internet because of all the dirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding hands to me is a lot less intimate. It is interesting how you took my original post and changed it. Hold on let me change it so there is less posibilitie of miss interepertation

If I were to court a second wife I would stay away from the physical side of the relationship until there was agreement to marry. I see sex as marriage and doesn’t need to necessarily happen after a contract is in place. I would want MY wife to have an agreement in place before becoming one flesh with me as I don’t want her to have to worry that I would not cover her.
I don’t see the marriage as complete until sex so most likely you would kiss etc before marriage unless you were marrying a very “let’s get to the point” type person.... :) that might be a tad odd...

Are you agreeing with me that purity has decreased in todays society

Holding hands to me is a lot less intimate. It is interesting how you took my original post and changed it. Hold on let me change it so there is less posibilitie of miss interepertation

Well, yikes! Not sure how I changed your original post... If I did, I had no intention of doing so... *I* found it interesting that you drew the line of demarcation between holding hands and kissing. Was really just curious what made you personally decide that.

“More intimate” is your answer. Thanks, for replying. :)

As to the issue of morals declining, I don’t think you’d find many people who disagree with you here. :) You’re in good company.

I would just be careful about assigning your own moral standards to things that may not be as black and white in scripture.

But, interesting topic! :)

Last edited:
Sorry... my reply button isn’t working. So, for now, I’ll use good, old-fashioned quotation marks. ;)

You said:
“Are you telling me you think kissing is better to do than holding hands?”

Nope.

I have no desire to marry a lady who is not a virgin
Although preferred, I personally would look at this in a case by case basis like in the case of rape or if she was not in the faith when she made the choice. I think many have no idea what they are acctuly doing when they become one with someone.
I could see how it would be wise to only marry virgins but not something I would personally see as a qualifier for my wife.

I wish I could get in my car drive someplace and the people I am talking to I know they are waiting until marraige like me

I would pay a trillion dollars to have wives that where all three virgins

James, I definitely agree there is a decline in morals. Much of Society has accepted "Rap and the Hip-hop culture" as the new norm. If women aren't scantily clothes with butt cheeks and breasts exposed. Men degrading women as objects and young men abandoning all values for the sake of "getting layed". Values are lost.

I do find your term "unpure" curious.
The act of kissing, holding hands, making love are not unpure. They were created for our enjoyment in marriage. Do you have children? When a parent tells a child "don't do that... what does a child want to do?.... exactly what they were told not to do.
It is honorable to withstand fleshly desire prior to marriage so as to bring honor into the marriage.
Just a different way of thinking about it. Not sure my words accurately portrayed what I was trying to say. Sorry

I don’t see the marriage as complete until sex so most likely you would kiss etc before marriage unless you were marrying a very “let’s get to the point” type person.... :) that might be a tad odd...

My daughters think I'm odd when I tell them that kissing is sex, but it seems to fit the bill to me. It involves penetration and bodily fluids, it's very intimate, and it sure does get one worked up. I don't understand how anyone thinks it isn't sexual except as a way to delude oneself into thinking one isn't breaking some kind of rule.

As to the issue of morals declining, I don’t think you’d find many people who disagree with you here. :) You’re in good company.

I would just be careful about assigning your own moral standards to things that may not be as black and white in scripture.:)

Great point, @Sonshine. The Condemnation Contingent of Christianity seems to place way too much focus on sexual 'sins,' but I fail to find adequate scriptural support for elevating sex to that level of attention within the broad messages of The Word.

If it seems like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, I'm not. I wouldn't condemn my daughters for kissing, but I do remind them that they're certainly sexually active if they're doing so. When they engage in that they're not only bonding themselves with individuals in ways they're not yet capable of comprehending, but they're ramping up the hormones to levels that make resistance a great deal more difficult. In short, if the kissing is worth its salt, one is playing with fire.

At the same time, I seriously doubt that God hates that unmarried people kiss. After all, it does lead to being fruitful and multiplying. One does, though, need to be prepared to be responsible for the ramifications.

The act of kissing, holding hands, making love are not unpure. They were created for our enjoyment in marriage.

Excellent point, @Patricia C.

I wish I could get in my car drive someplace and the people I am talking to I know they are waiting until marraige like me

I saw a documentary once about a town in South Carolina entirely populated by a Gypsy culture in which the daughters are all pledged to marry someone when they're toddlers. They're pledged to someone else's son who's a little bit older. Then, when they come of age, they get married, and they're not sexually active until marriage. That is probably an advantage in cultures where marriages are arranged by parents, because one grows up knowing who they're going to be sexually active with, they know they have something to look forward to, and thus aren't tempted to just take someone up on a cheap opportunity out of fear that it may be their last chance ever. Patience is so rarely an adolescent virtue.

So maybe you could drive to that town in South Carolina. However, there would be two problems, @James A:

1. The men in the town all make their living by driving long distances each day to Atlanta GA and Charlotte NC in order to run illegal con artist rackets on unsuspecting dupes; and

2. You'd have to wait a really long time to get married, because your promised bride would just be 2 years old when the marriage contract would be written.

I would pay a trillion dollars to have wives that where all three virgins
You might want to knock that down to about $800 billion. You want to have enough left over for the wedding rings and the nice house you'll need to build for those three brides.

These days people think kissing and other unpure things are ok before marraige.
What leads you to think that kissing before marriage is not OK, or an otherwise unpure thing?

I would personally advise against pre-marital kissing, because (among other reasons) the bonding it generates will make it more difficult for one to see red flags, and less willing to pull the eject handle for any red flags that do appear; but I don't consider anyone partaking of pre-marital kissing as doing anything wrong, let alone sin. (...not saying you said it was sin; just stating my own thoughts).

Back