• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Your wedding day

It’s tough because it is the joining of one man and one woman in marriage, but also a family event because someone is being added to the family. I think that the main ceremony really only has to do with the two people getting married, but the family should be there and it would be nice to have something like the wives exchanging rings at the end or something if the wives are up for it. I would have loved if @Sonshine was up for it at the wedding, but like @Isaac said, it was a really big surprise and meant so much to me when she decided to give me the ring on my birthday. :)
I just think there should be some separation and the other wives shouldn’t necessarily be involved with the whole ceremony, but ultimately it’s up to the husband.

I eloped - twice. Much cheaper than traditional weddings and both wives get the same deal. I'll see what happens if a third comes along.
Would it be best/ideal to give the first wife as well a very humbling (to her)...
I've discovered eloping helps eliminate the typical PM problems. It however creates more unique ones which distract attention from the plural marriage and gives your opponents more ammo in their war against you and your wives. So experience has taught me to only elope if you want a bigger war to fight on a larger front. My $0.02 worth. :oops: ;)

It’s tough because it is the joining of one man and one woman in marriage, but also a family event because someone is being added to the family. I think that the main ceremony really only has to do with the two people getting married, but the family should be there and it would be nice to have something like the wives exchanging rings at the end or something if the wives are up for it. I would have loved if @Sonshine was up for it at the wedding, but like @Isaac said, it was a really big surprise and meant so much to me when she decided to give me the ring on my birthday. :)
I just think there should be some separation and the other wives shouldn’t necessarily be involved with the whole ceremony, but ultimately it’s up to the husband.
Still a first and only wife I mainly would like to be present just to show my approval of the wedding to the bride's family and frankly to our husbands as well(and mine come to think of it lol). I don't need to participate just be there. However if I was asked to participate in some way I'd be more than happy.
I only offer this up because it is so common for family to be against PM on both sides. So I believe my presence would be a show of support.

I’m a first and only as of now. We had a very simple wedding. His brother had gotten licensed to marry online. We showed up at his house and said can you marry us. No fan fare, no dress nothing. No vowes even, he literally just said “I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.” We gave each other rings, put them on, signed the papers and went on our way.

I will admit it was hard for me at first. I wanted the dress, the friends, the party. But, after we took that money and paid off our house it was all worth it. And actually we don’t even wear our rings anymore, him because of work, me because of arthritis.

We have talked about it. And depending on the woman would probably not have anything but a ring exchange for his second. We feel like it’s more about the unspoken commitment you make, the everyday side by side work that means soooo much more than a 1 day ceremony and party.

Just my 2 cents

Still a first and only wife I mainly would like to be present just to show my approval of the wedding to the bride's family and frankly to our husbands as well(and mine come to think of it lol). I don't need to participate just be there. However if I was asked to participate in some way I'd be more than happy.
I only offer this up because it is so common for family to be against PM on both sides. So I believe my presence would be a show of support.

I'm glad both of you ladies reflected this opinion back, its motivating to hear that for the future. When it comes to mine down the road, I would indeed like the wives to take very active roles in each and every marriage to a new wife, with the home ceremony being half about the new bride and her individual romance and vows and connection to the husband as a man and woman, but then the other half involving the other existing wife/wives, themselves also standing beside each other and dressed in some kind of symbolic traditional white marital apparel even if not decked out the same as the new bride. And I really like the idea of all the wives exchanging rings. I would add to that also for all wives to refresh their vows to the husband once more, and then also as a group taking "sisterwife vows" that were meant as much for the man as they were for the home and to each other as a single family unit, to establish peace and unity from the start. I think this would reinforce from the start the notion that it's truly a "plural" marriage and not a collection of shared individual marriages.

If and when the second wife were to come along, I would love to be present for their marriage as well as my children. She is not only marrying my Husband but joining the family as well. If she decides at any given moment that my children or I are not allowed then that would raise serious concerns to me and I would need to voice those concerns to my husband. That action would show me and my Husband that she is not willing to really enter this lifestyle or relationship. He would call the relationship off.

If and when the second wife were to come along, I would love to be present for their marriage as well as my children. She is not only marrying my Husband but joining the family as well. If she decides at any given moment that my children or I are not allowed then that would raise serious concerns to me and I would need to voice those concerns to my husband. That action would show me and my Husband that she is not willing to really enter this lifestyle or relationship. He would call the relationship off.
I totally agree! I know for myself I would want my sw to help me. Yes it would be my wedding day (correction my and our husband's wedding day) to my husband but it would also be the commitment ceremony for the wives/family.
This is a life long commitment not just for the we will see how it goes time period.

Last edited:
Sooo.....now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Men: I would love to hear stories about the wedding day to your second, third, fourth.... etc. What did you do to make that day special for your wives. Did you plan a honeymoon? How did you propose? Was it big or small?

Ladies / second or beyond: will you share your wedding story with us. It isn't that first wives stories aren't special because they definitely are but when the second marriage begins is when monogamy ends. I would love to hear how as a family this day was recognized. What did you do for a ceremony if anything. Was there a honeymoon? As sisters did you do anything special together? I would love to hear your story

Sooo.....now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Ok, I’ll bite.

After destroying a retreat with a big to-do that included bridesmaids dresses, flower arrangements, and a full sit down dinner, we were told that our family couldn’t have another retreat wedding for a full 25 retreats. (Ok, I’m exaggerating slightly)

So for the next one we dialed it way back.
A semi-formal fancy dress ceremony in our living room that included agreeing to the terms in our Katubah, rings for her, wedding cake, first wife and a good friend observing (first second wife still on extended vacation in the North of Tennessee). I’m sure that I will be gently reminded of what I have left out.
Overnight at a nice hotel in Birmingham and on down to Mobile to hangout and tour/explore the USS Alabama (something that she always wanted to do).

(I know, I know. Written like a true male)

Ok, I’ll bite.

After destroying a retreat with a big to-do that included bridesmaids dresses, flower arrangements, and a full sit down dinner, we were told that our family couldn’t have another retreat wedding for a full 25 retreats. (Ok, I’m exaggerating slightly)

So for the next one we dialed it way back.
A semi-formal fancy dress ceremony in our living room that included agreeing to the terms in our Katubah, rings for her, wedding cake, first wife and a good friend observing (first second wife still on extended vacation in the North of Tennessee). I’m sure that I will be gently reminded of what I have left out.
Overnight at a nice hotel in Birmingham and on down to Mobile to hangout and tour/explore the USS Alabama (something that she always wanted to do).

(I know, I know. Written like a true male)
Ah Steve you are a true romantic!
I really appreciate you sharing your side of the wedding story and honeymoon. It sounds like you tried to make it special for Karin... and yourself. If there was anything you could have done to make this day more Steve Style? Other than your Family Katuba did you incorporate Ali in the ceremony?

You write this with a lot of certainty for someone who doesn't seem to be in a relationship. Does what your hypothetical wives may want play any sort of role in your fantasy? I mean this will all respect due, but perhaps when the time comes that you do finally fall in love, you will be more inclined to give her what she wants instead of what you are certain you want.

Hello and welcome @Quest it would be great if you could post an introduction HERE And tell us something about yourself.

Ah Steve you are a true romantic!
I really appreciate you sharing your side of the wedding story and honeymoon. It sounds like you tried to make it special for Karin... and yourself. If there was anything you could have done to make this day more Steve Style? Other than your Family Katuba did you incorporate Ali in the ceremony?
Typical woman.
I poured out my guts and it’s never enough.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!:):):):):)
You set it up perfectly and I just couldn’t resist the opportunity. :)

The thing is, I’m a guy and on the denser end of that spectrum. I couldn’t remember anything other than her playing the music. So I asked. Nope.
Karin had wanted to do a family candle lighting, but that was too much of a retread of the other wedding for me. :oops:

Addendum: You asked could I make it any more Steve Style. Not at all. All that I ask is that it be what ministers to the bride and still be within my comfort zone. It was well within my comfort zone.

Last edited:
Typical woman.
I poured out my guts and it’s never enough.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!:):):):):)
You set it up perfectly and I just couldn’t resist the opportunity. :)

The thing is, I’m a guy and on the denser end of that spectrum. I couldn’t remember anything other than her playing the music. So I asked. Nope.
Karin had wanted to do a family candle lighting, but that was too much of a retread of the other wedding for me. :oops:
Touche Steve, I did leave the door wide open for that. It's a good thing I know and love you.
I thought you wrote it was to much of a retard of the other wedding not retread LOL! I had to read that a couple times.

I very much appreciate you sharing your story. Thank you for helping get the thread back on track but also because I think there are people who want to know what it's like. I am sure each family will have their own way but the knowledge and experience you can share is so valuable. You have a great family!

Touche Steve, I did leave the door wide open for that. It's a good thing I know and love you.
I thought you wrote it was to much of a retard of the other wedding not retread LOL! I had to read that a couple times.

I very much appreciate you sharing your story. Thank you for helping get the thread back on track but also because I think there are people who want to know what it's like. I am sure each family will have their own way but the knowledge and experience you can share is so valuable. You have a great family!
I was hoping that you wouldn’t burn me at the stake :D

The retard thing was hilarious :p

Everything comes down to God spend time praying reading the word the closer you are to God the clearer everything will be. It will be all black and white there will be no grey

I’m a second wife and we haven’t had a ceremony or reception or anything formal. My SW, our husband and I sat on the front porch and made a commitment to one another and that was it.

I would still love to have some sort of formal ceremony, but it’s the commitment that really matters, not any of the other stuff.

Back