• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

BF Jan Newsletter and Patriarchs' Journal Vol 3 Iss 20 - Including PeteR's "Sharing article"

Great post @rockfox . This is what I meant when I wrote that article, but you took it to the next level.

It is okay to act wisely in who one chooses, but we can't be so selective that we leave good peeps that just require some effort on our part.

A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

Pondering this more as I drive. Had to stop and record a thought or two...

First thought is that the rebellious dwell in a dry land.... in context, the rebellious are those who either, reject God's solution for their loneliness or reject their opportunity to be a shelter. In either case, it appears He withdraws favor or blessing. Very scary.

I can't prove it as the root reason, but I know of a couple thriving ministries that rejected and vilified poly and shortly thereafter dried up. Not sure if it is connected to this 'rebellious dwell in a dry land' phrase, but it seems to fit.

On the contrary, 'He brings those who are bound into prosperity.' Hmmm... in context, those who are bound are the 'solitary' or 'lonely.' By 'setting them in families' they find prosperity. Is that blessing, above/beyond simple release from loneliness? What are the blessings? Are they multiplied or increased based on the degree of peace and unity in the home? I.e., a tumultuous home where poly is not embraced but only tolerated is blessed less than a house wherein it is embraced as God's design and solution and a form of long term ministry?

There is much depth here we need to mine!

Last edited:
Back