• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Church/Worship Ideas

NBTX11

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Primarily directed at families with more than one wife, but anyone can chime in. How do you worship together as a family, given that poly is rejected and hated by the vast majority of Christendom and certainly by all major denominations?

Options seem to include the following options. 1. Not attend an organized church, but gather together as a family and worship/study the word. Maybe socialize or have fellowships with other poly friendly families. 2. Lie about additional wives, and what role they play in family to attend or be involved in a church setting. 3. Take only one wife to church while the other(s) do some type of other online worship. 4. Attend some type of mega church and hope to blend in, without too many questions being asked. 5. Rotate around different churches, and again hope not to be noticed. 6. Be totally open and hope some church somewhere accepts your family. 7. A combination of some of the above.

Number one seems to be the most likely options. Would a family adopting a poly lifestyle be forever doomed to a home Bible study as their church services/Bible study.

Would a family adopting a poly lifestyle be forever doomed to a home Bible study as their church services/Bible study.
Doomed to not being allowed to be a member of a structure that is not open to all of Yah’s truth?
What a sad mindset.

How do you worship together as a family, given that poly is rejected and hated by the vast majority of Christendom and certainly by all major denominations?
For starters:
Romans 12:1
James 1:27
Micah 6:8

Come OUT of her. He pricked your conscience concerning the falsehood and deception (and idolatry) you harbored in your mind regarding marriage. In order to satisfy His Spirit in that matter, by faith you completely dismantled and rebuilt your understanding of marriage following His plan on Him as the foundation. So it seems next He is pricking your conscience about the falsehood and deception (and idolatry) you harbor in your mind concerning "organized worship". Of the seven options you've presented, none dismantle and all attempted to put a crutch to support what is crumbling. The first is the closest, but as @steve pointed out, your words belie your lack of understanding. Pray about it and study His Word. Tear down and rebuild in faith, just as you did before.

Adding polygyny to the modern church religion is not the spiritual war that I am engaged in.

My husband got to visit with some nice mormon missionaries they call Elders yesterday. After a lot of talking he explained that he believes as Christians we should bring people to Christ . ...not a church.
Before they left he told them he has two wives and the lds church wouldn't want him now. The catholic church wouldn't want him either. Most all other churches wouldn't accept him now, but Christ still does!

He certainly gave them something to think about!

Last edited:
We are in NE Texas. We have been hosting or attending a home church group for the last 13 years. The group has fluctuated with attendance from the more recent 10 of us to as many as 30 plus in past years. We are open to talk about patriarchy and polygyny any time. We meet, share a meal and then study the word. When we have larger groups we will have music and worship as well. All are welcome.

I’m not worried about supporting the church but I am worried about worshiping and studying the word with my family and being around other believers.
That is an important concern, especially for your wives. Ladies need other ladies for support for sure, but men do too, that is why Biblical Families exist. I encourage you to pray about who in your life, on this site, or someone you have met at a retreat, is worth your time and effort to pursue building a closer relationship with. Then make phone calls, video chats and in person get togethers to grow that relationship. It will be worth your time.

I’m not worried about supporting the church but I am worried about worshiping and studying the word with my family and being around other believers.
We enjoy fellowship with other believers whenever we have the opportunity.

We get a pretty good gathering of locals on Saturday when we host....I bake, we have coffee and non coffee.....and conversations.

The store across the road likes to keep things polite and avoid religious discussions. We welcome and engage in political and religious discussions. I think people like not feeling censored.
Of course the cinnamon rolls went fast too!

Doomed is probably too harsh of a word, but the fact remains there are benefits to being around other Christians for encouragement. “Church” seems to be one of the best places to do this.
You might think the word doomed is to harsh, but the reality is like @steve said any church that is not open to YaH's Truth is doomed. You have fallen for the lie that you need to be apart of a 501c3 church to get encouragement, the True Body of Messiah follows YaHWeH's word and the sad truth is they, the 501c3 church are not following His Word. Truth seekers will come out of her, and end up in small assemblies or home fellowships where you can get true brotherhood and true encouragement. And I think I can speak for everyone here, they are hard to find. It doesn't matter if you follow mainstream christianity (who's eyes are being opened to truth and coming out of her) or if you are what I would call a true Bible Believer, who believes ALL of YaHWeH's Word applies today.

We are in NE Texas. We have been hosting or attending a home church group for the last 13 years. The group has fluctuated with attendance from the more recent 10 of us to as many as 30 plus in past years. We are open to talk about patriarchy and polygyny any time. We meet, share a meal and then study the word. When we have larger groups we will have music and worship as well. All are welcome.
I’d love to get together with other believers in Texas that are open to polygyny. I hope to meet some families on a personal basis.

I wanted to add one thing, I totally understand that giving up the social aspect of your local church is an adjustment for families who are now living plural lives. It is something that you as Head of the Household will need to think and pray about for sure. It takes time to create your own family rhythm in regards to home worship and study that works for you. Developing friendships in your area or online doesn't fill the weekly gap of gathering together with believers (even if they don't believe all that you do) that you are used to. I am sure, God will provide something that will help you all continue to grow and mature in Him through this adjustment.

I wanted to add one thing, I totally understand that giving up the social aspect of your local church is an adjustment for families who are now living plural lives. It is something that you as Head of the Household will need to think and pray about for sure. It takes time to create your own family rhythm in regards to home worship and study that works for you. Developing friendships in your area or online doesn't fill the weekly gap of gathering together with believers (even if they don't believe all that you do) that you are used to. I am sure, God will provide something that will help you all continue to grow and mature in Him through this adjustment.
Thank you, Julie.

Home fellowship x 12+ years... Yah led us to this before He showed us polygyny and patriarchy (in that reversed order....)

Primarily directed at families with more than one wife, but anyone can chime in. How do you worship together as a family, given that poly is rejected and hated by the vast majority of Christendom and certainly by all major denominations?

Options seem to include the following options. 1. Not attend an organized church, but gather together as a family and worship/study the word. Maybe socialize or have fellowships with other poly friendly families. 2. Lie about additional wives, and what role they play in family to attend or be involved in a church setting. 3. Take only one wife to church while the other(s) do some type of other online worship. 4. Attend some type of mega church and hope to blend in, without too many questions being asked. 5. Rotate around different churches, and again hope not to be noticed. 6. Be totally open and hope some church somewhere accepts your family. 7. A combination of some of the above.

Number one seems to be the most likely options. Would a family adopting a poly lifestyle be forever doomed to a home Bible study as their church services/Bible study.
NBTX11,
You and your family have been Christian for many years. I assume you know many other Christians through the churches you have been involved with over the years.

Don't be afraid to tell the truth to these people and try to maintain a connection with some of them.

When asked, lay out the Biblical evidence for the legitimacy of polygyny. Some people will listen. Pastors frequently pretend to not understand, but a lot of sincere regular Christians will understand and be willing to to fellowship with you.

This might not work out to be something like regular Sunday church. It might be a Bible study, or just friendship between Christian brothers and sisters.

This is a good question for all the potentially polygamous men out there to consider prior to adding a second wife. 😉

Men should probably talk about Biblical polygamy with their extended families and friends prior to actually choosing to do it. It's an uncomfortable subject, but is less awkward than introducing your second wife to someone who has never even heard about Biblical polygamy.

I don't currently have 2, but if and when that does occur, I think my choice wuld be #4, if for some reason we were to move back to Dallas, or find such a church around here, or wherever we move. Another option I have considered, is going to a church dressed like a Mormon family. Then of they ask too many questions and determine that I have two wives, they would have to think twice about whether to ask a "potential convert" to leave.

Back