• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from BuiltRight

BuiltRight

Brief description:

A year ago, I would have said I am first century christian. Currently, I just want truth and to follow the Messiah.
I am married with four children, and their ages are 20, 17, 14, and 10. The oldest is adopted.

I grew up in a Catholic household, but early on, I began walking through the doors of anywhere in which I received an invitation. I checked out reformed doctrine in its various forms, Mormon teaching, Charismatic thought, and others and eventually settled into the church of Christ.

Study of scripture regarding the topic of marriage made me recognize the truth that a man can have more than one covenant. An honest assessment of my skills convinces me that I will never participate. Too many years behaving as taught by the typical western preacher and too many years referencing the wrong materials. I just have much to unlearn.

Profession: Design Engineer of Hydraulic systems for mobile off-highway equipment.

Purpose of participating here:
Currently I am spending time each day reading the book of Romans following each old testament reference that Paul makes. It is his longest sustained argument with a focus on both describing why the law is established and why we are not under law. Basically, I recognize there is something vastly important I do not grasp and I certainly can not describe. In other words, I am not torah observant. This will likely to be my personal area of study until I can clearly define the scriptural position.

Second Aspect of my purpose has to do with my legacy. My second son really caries that legacy. He has an inherent ability to operate heavy equipment, using machines to mold, shape, and build. He would rather be outside in the freezing cold than sit at a desk. I am seeking contacts and advice. I believe there will be a necessity to rebuild farms and homesteads in the near future. Reclaiming overgrown fields, resolving drainage issues, building animal shelters, etc would be necessary work, which he loves doing. Seeking contacts with homesteaders who have experience and can advise.

Welcome!
Hopefully you were BuiltRight in the first place, as opposed to being builtbackbetter. 😉

Welcome to biblical families!
Most here are supportive of plural marriage, but not living it. Many find a greater degree of fellowship and discussion here then in churches too, especially if they have expressed a positive view of polygyny and been booted outa church (or just looked at sideways and treated like a heretic).

There are lots of rural living homesteading sorts around here. Connections and advise is surely possible.

Welcome! This is every bit as much a gathering of believers as any gathering in a brick and mortar building minus the bad breath. I really appreciate your ability to see a truth while simultaneously making a wise judgment of your condition. Many can't or won't do that. That discernment is from the Lord.

Welcome! This is every bit as much a gathering of believers as any gathering in a brick and mortar building minus the bad breath. I really appreciate your ability to see a truth while simultaneously making a wise judgment of your condition. Many can't or won't do that. That discernment is from the Lord.
Thank you. That is a welcoming thought.

Welcome. We are on a similar journey and started the homesteading path now looking for clarity on Yahs will for us. We do not live the torah or polygyny lifestyle but continue to learn and seek. Good luck on your journey and I think you'll find some excellent debaters and scholarly opinions on here that will challenge your foundations. Enjoy the trip!

Welcome. We are on a similar journey and started the homesteading path now looking for clarity on Yahs will for us. We do not live the torah or polygyny lifestyle but continue to learn and seek. Good luck on your journey and I think you'll find some excellent debaters and scholarly opinions on here that will challenge your foundations. Enjoy the trip!
The learning never stops!

Thank you!

Welcome.
Too many years behaving as taught by the typical western preacher and too many years referencing the wrong materials. I just have much to unlearn.
That is the right way to begin.
Purpose of participating here:
Currently I am spending time each day reading the book of Romans following each old testament reference that Paul makes. It is his longest sustained argument with a focus on both describing why the law is established and why we are not under law.
Here's the question: WHICH "law"? His, as Written, or "man's"? The Greek word 'nomos' generally used in Romans conflates BOTH, which is a major barrier to understanding the subtle point he tries to make. (In places like Matthew 23, Mark 7, and others, you'll see how Yahushua is VERY critical of that "law" as pushed by the Pharisees.

(Aside: I find it sadly ironic, but not quite humorous, how many who claim to be NOT 'under the law' of that nasty Olde Testament, are nevertheless slaves to the Biggest Brother (now AI-enhanced) in human history. "Under the law" may be UnderStatement...see Romans 6:16.)

Basically, I recognize there is something vastly important I do not grasp and I certainly can not describe. In other words, I am not torah observant. This will likely to be my personal area of study until I can clearly define the scriptural position.
Well, you MAY want to check out this thread (among many such here, but this one is recent):

I'm certainly happy to answer questions privately or via email as well, and often teach on exactly that subject, via Hebrew Nation Radio (www.hebrewnationonline.com) and on our online Torah-observant fellowship, Shabbat Shalom Mesa (archives at www.markniwot.com as well.)

Welcome.

That is the right way to begin.

Here's the question: WHICH "law"? His, as Written, or "man's"? The Greek word 'nomos' generally used in Romans conflates BOTH, which is a major barrier to understanding the subtle point he tries to make. (In places like Matthew 23, Mark 7, and others, you'll see how Yahushua is VERY critical of that "law" as pushed by the Pharisees.

(Aside: I find it sadly ironic, but not quite humorous, how many who claim to be NOT 'under the law' of that nasty Olde Testament, are nevertheless slaves to the Biggest Brother (now AI-enhanced) in human history. "Under the law" may be UnderStatement...see Romans 6:16.)

Well, you MAY want to check out this thread (among many such here, but this one is recent):

I'm certainly happy to answer questions privately or via email as well, and often teach on exactly that subject, via Hebrew Nation Radio (www.hebrewnationonline.com) and on our online Torah-observant fellowship, Shabbat Shalom Mesa (archives at www.markniwot.com as well.)
Thank you. I appreciate the links and information.

Welcome, I'm not on the forum very much these days, too busy with keeping a couple businesses humming along. I operate heavy machinery sometimes, but mostly supervise the dirt work on regenerative agriculture systems. I design and troubleshoot sustainable farms/ranches/homesteads. Feel free to PM me, I can probably get you some good resources for your son's education.

Welcome!

Back