• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hashing out the two first wives.

How does this affect interpretation of the book of Revelations?
Revelation can't operate outside of existing Biblical prophecy from the Tanak. We have to understand it within the given framework... Parts of Daniel line up exactly, parts of Zechariah, Joel, Isaiah, etc. Where Christendom has erred is in ignoring the prophets and searching for meaning through other means as if Gone With the Wind can be rightly understood just by studying the last 75 pages.

For clarity, what house do consider you are aligned with? It would be beneficial to understand your starting point.

I consider myself to be a part of Israel.
I, too, am a part of the house of Israel. No Jewish blood that I know of. My heart/personal affinity is for the tribe of Gad who many researchers chase to Sweden, from whence came my fathers in 1640.

I copy and pasted nothing. That is me with my Bible... But, I have written about 1000 pages on the subject, so it flows pretty easily. :)

Great, but give time so we can stay on the same page.

That is a man made division. Same for chapter and verse intrusions as well as the terrible headings that often plan false ideas in our heads before reading a passage.

I agree in your determination of the physical characteristics of the bible to facilitate clarity, however Jer 31:31-32 which clearly defines two separate covenants. Which has nothing to do with chapter/verse/heading modification.

I do have a problem with the way you state this. The books of Moses are the foundation. Everything must flow from the foundation. Pretty much everything in the new testament has a Torah foundation and we must understand it from that POV. And, while the Holy Spirit can give me direction and guidance, He will never lead contrary to the written Word, particularly that which was spoken to Moses..

Genesis is the foundation for the books of Moses. The Books of Moses are the foundation for the prophets. The Books of Moses and the prophets lead to the witness of the fulfillment of the New Covenant through the Son of God. To me, Torah is the index to all of scripture. But, the whole of scripture is the complete story, from Genesis to Revelations. And I agree the Holy Spirit will never lead anyone away from the Written Word. My view is that He expounds on things originally brought forth in the Books of Moses and the Prophets, what I call the Old Covenant, but is probably confusing. In any event, the Holy Spirit will not speak against that which was already brought forth in the Written Word.

I don't think Scripture supports this. Isaiah 2:3; 49:14-26; 52:1-12; 54, 60 etc... Too many passages to name that declare the future glory at the time of the Messiah. Later, as I'm sure you will agree, there will be a New Jerusalem whose gates are named after the twelve tribes...

The verses in Isaiah are speaking of Zion the New Jerusalem. Jeremiah 18 and 19 describe what God is going to do to the the clay pots, Israel and Judah. Israel is clay, soft and manageable by the potter and God describes reshaping the clay pot Israel. But, then God says to get a hardened clay pot and tells Jeremiah to smash the pot never to be remade again. Jerusalem has not be destroyed like this yet. It is yet to come.

And I do agree, and is the hope of the New Jerusalem which includes all the elders with all the tribes of Israel as one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, am a part of the house of Israel. No Jewish blood that I know of. My heart/personal affinity is for the tribe of Gad who many researchers chase to Sweden, from whence came my fathers in 1640.

Ok then, we are not defining our differences in how we relate to God, our husband of two separate wives, you being one, I being another. We are trying to figure out how not to be clinically insane and have a split personality. :)

however Jer 31:31-32 which clearly defines two separate covenants.
Can you explain your thoughts here? Are you saying the verses contain two separate covenants or that somewhere there is another covenant?

My perspective is that Judah has never been out of covenant. That doesn't mean they've kept it well or rightly, but it was HoI that God divorced, Judah He did not, per Jeremiah 3 and Hosea 1.

The big difference I see in the covenants is that one is external, the other internal, but the contents, the Torah of Moses, remain the same.

Revelation can't operate outside of existing Biblical prophecy from the Tanak. We have to understand it within the given framework... Parts of Daniel line up exactly, parts of Zechariah, Joel, Isaiah, etc. Where Christendom has erred is in ignoring the prophets and searching for meaning through other means as if Gone With the Wind can be rightly understood just by studying the last 75 pages.

serveimage

Then, I guess I don't understand what you were asking. You asked how this fits into the book of Revelation. Without derailing the thread, I tried to set aside all the nonsensical Christian mumbo jumbo regarding John's vision.

Maybe we can dive into that at a later date, but the quick answers/clues include:
  • Egypt plagues and the first exodus
  • How many specific references to the twelve tribes?
  • Why does God say over and over, 'keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Yeshua'?
  • What does 'come out of her and be separate' mean in a Biblical sense?
  • The witnesses in Ch. 11 are taken straight out of Zechariah 4.
  • Etc...
Let's go here later.

Can you explain your thoughts here? Are you saying the verses contain two separate covenants or that somewhere there is another covenant?

My perspective is that Judah has never been out of covenant. That doesn't mean they've kept it well or rightly, but it was HoI that God divorced, Judah He did not, per Jeremiah 3 and Hosea 1.

The big difference I see in the covenants is that one is external, the other internal, but the contents, the Torah of Moses, remain the same.

Jeremiah 31:31“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to d them, e

The first covenant was given at Mt Sinai were God said that if YOU do these things, meaning that the people most do the Law, then He will uphold His end of the bargain, but the contract stands on the performance of both parties. As long as both parties uphold their end it is a contract in force. Once a party breaks the contract it is no longer in force. The people failed to do their part. They could not uphold the Law. God ended the contract. First divorcing Israel and then eventually Judah (Jerusalem) will be destroyed or die which will end the contract for them.

The New Covenant was established not with conditions on the peoples side but on God's side. He says I will save you. I will put my laws into your heart. There is not a condition we have to do in this new contract accept believe in the power of the One to do as He says. This is not saying that one party can do whatever they want, what it is saying is that if you agree to the contract then God has Free Will in your life. He will get you were you need to be.

The idea that both Israel and Judah are eventually separated from God annuls the First Covenant (contract) . However, by His death He is free to remarry both but He doesn't do it as Israel and Judah, but under the combined joining of the two under faith, called the Bride.

So to me, Jeremiah 31:31 is specifically talking about two actually different contracts, covenants. And I will also add that it is not talking about a modification to the old, but a completely different one on the side of the party not God. God is just going to implement the Laws He requires differently so we can be saved through the efforts of His Son and not our own. The first Covenant was to prove to us that we can not be saved by our own efforts. The Law is there to prove we are sinners. Once we know that, then we know what God has to do to save us and we are thankful.

Jeremiah 31:31“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to d them, e

The first covenant was given at Mt Sinai were God said that if YOU do these things, meaning that the people most do the Law, then He will uphold His end of the bargain, but the contract stands on the performance of both parties. As long as both parties uphold their end it is a contract in force. Once a party breaks the contract it is no longer in force. The people failed to do their part. They could not uphold the Law. God ended the contract. First divorcing Israel and then eventually Judah (Jerusalem) will be destroyed or die which will end the contract for them.

The New Covenant was established not with conditions on the peoples side but on God's side. He says I will save you. I will put my laws into your heart. There is not a condition we have to do in this new contract accept believe in the power of the One to do as He says. This is not saying that one party can do whatever they want, what it is saying is that if you agree to the contract then God has Free Will in your life. He will get you were you need to be.

The idea that both Israel and Judah are eventually separated from God annuls the First Covenant (contract) . However, by His death He is free to remarry both but He doesn't do it as Israel and Judah, but under the combined joining of the two under faith, called the Bride.

So to me, Jeremiah 31:31 is specifically talking about two actually different contracts, covenants. And I will also add that it is not talking about a modification to the old, but a completely different one on the side of the party not God. God is just going to implement the Laws He requires differently so we can be saved through the efforts of His Son and not our own. The first Covenant was to prove to us that we can not be saved by our own efforts. The Law is there to prove we are sinners. Once we know that, then we know what God has to do to save us and we are thankful.

@Cap I understand what you are saying and there are some parts of it that I agree with. The major part that I don't agree with is the idea that "God is just going to implement the Laws He requires differently". I know that's a disagreement we have had multiple times but please bear with me. The end is known from the beginning and the details of the rebellion of the wives and the scattering to the nations was prophesied in Deuteronomy. The details about what will need to happen for the restoration of all Israel (both houses / wives including those grafted in) are given in Deuteronomy 30. The details of the new covenant are listed. Including the writing of Torah on our hearts (circumcise your heart). The Torah is not impossible to keep that is not what God said he said the exact opposite. Yeshua said "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Deuteronomy 30:1-14 NASB
“So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the LORD your God has banished you, [2] and you return to the LORD your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, [3] then the LORD your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your God has scattered you. [4] If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. [5] The LORD your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers. [6] “Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. [7] The LORD your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. [8] And you shall again obey the LORD, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. [9] Then the LORD your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the LORD will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers; [10] if you obey the LORD your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul. [11] “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. [12] It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ [13] Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ [14] But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

The major part that I don't agree with is the idea that "God is just going to implement the Laws He requires differently". I know that's a disagreement we have had multiple times but please bear with me. The end is known from the beginning and the details of the rebellion of the wives and the scattering to the nations was prophesied in Deuteronomy. The details about what will need to happen for the restoration of all Israel (both houses / wives including those grafted in) are given in Deuteronomy 30. The details of the new covenant are listed. Including the writing of Torah on our hearts (circumcise your heart). The Torah is not impossible to keep that is not what God said he said the exact opposite. Yeshua said "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

The main confusion I think is the idea of what I am trying to say in the " implement the Laws He requires differently". The Law is the Law, and by itself is the Old Covenant, or First Covenant if that is better, The New, or Second Covenant came with the same Law but also included Grace and Mercy. In the First Covenant God offered no mercy, it is what it is, do it and live, don't do it and die. We found that we can not do the Law as God requires, and the verses you quote in Deuteronomy 30:1-14 are a history of that process. Sometimes the Israelite's would follow and receive blessing, then fall away and receive curses. A never ending story until God had enough. But, that was the point, to prove we can not do it. But then He says that He will write His Laws on the peoples hearts, or Circumcise their hearts, which is the New, or Second Covenant.

The only difference between you and I is the understanding of, what, or who determines the definition of those Laws? Christ is the one who does the interpretation of the Law. Apparently, the old way of trying to adhere to the Law didn't work, which actually was the traditions of men, which is a burden. Having Christ's interpretation is where it is not a burden. Consider every old/first covenant Law that the Son of God encountered in the New Testament, He brought a deeper meaning. He didn't do away with it or changed it, He expounded on it and when we read it today, we say I SEE IT, that makes sense. And that is all I am saying is going to happen. The true meaning of the Law will be revealed to us and we will gladly follow it. Now, if someone wants to follow the Old Law to the best of their ability today, and feel called to do so, then by all means they should do it. And through that process maybe they will learn its meaning. Some may have to suffer other ways. To say that we are going to go back to an old way of observing a Law that was really man's interpretation of the Law is really saying we will go back to following the tradition of men which I don't want any part of. I agree with you that we will follow the Law, better and better as we progress closer and closer to the Return. But, at the same time the Law is going to be written on our hearts and no man is gong to teach us how to do it right. We will know how it applies to the present and the future. To say we will go back and observe an old meaning of the Law is wrong, I think.

Ezekiel 23 articulates exactly who the two brides are, the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Both Christendom and Judaism have conflated those two terms assuming they both mean the same group of people, but they do not. The truth is, All Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews
If you said all Judahites it would be more accurate, because there are verses in revelation that reference those who call themselves Jew and are not. This appears to be the elephant in the room that many ignore, not wanting to judge or offend anyone.
The House of Israel fell into gross idolatry and was divorced by God (Jeremiah 3) and then scattered to the four winds. Doing so took the seed of Abraham to the ends of the earth, but also demonstrated God's judgment. He said, not if, but 'When you do all these things and are scattered into all the nations...' Read Deuteronomy 30:1-6 very carefully... Besides demonstrating His judgment and scattering the seed, the house of Israel was specifically purposed for Him to demonstrate His grace through the Bridegroom that died and was raised (Deuteronomy 24:1-4; Romans 7:1-6) thus taking the name of Yeshua to the ends of the earth.
This is why the "woman without a husband" (The desolate house of Israel) has more children then the married wife. Isa. 54:1
Judah produced Messiah, but the nations of Ephraim (called gentiles) produced a multitude who converted/became sons. Hos. 1:10.

How do you see the following verses fitting with a future fulfillment?

Eph. 2:14-18
14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is,the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Gal. 3:26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

These seem to be speaking in a present tense about unity between the remnant of both houses.

This is a great discussion and I am encouraged that we are tackling this without contention. Praise Yah.

But, then God says to get a hardened clay pot and tells Jeremiah to smash the pot never to be remade again. Jerusalem has not be destroyed like this yet.

Indeed, Jeremiah is told to smash a pot beyond repair to illustrate how thoroughly the judgment from the Babylonians would be. And, it was. Your statement implies that Jerusalem will never be made again, but that is not the message of Jeremiah to Jerusalem. God clearly says that Jerusalem will be rebuilt. See the following from Jeremiah (other prophets echo the same message, Isaiah, Zechariah 14, etc):
  • 30:3 Israel and Judah will be brought back. Following verses give great detail
  • 31 speaks primarily to Ephraim (Israel) in the first half, but Judah is taken up in vss 23 and specifically mentioned in 27 and 31...
  • 33:10ff specifically speaks of the restoration of Judah and Jerusalem, also vs. 13-26 are very clear that two families (v.24) will be restored. Jerusalem is specifically mentioned multiple times.
This is not to say Jerusalem won't be disciplined again, I think she will, but God is clear, over and over that Jerusalem is where the King will sit. And, He intends to make her the crown jewel of the world.

the old way of trying to adhere to the Law didn't work, which actually was the traditions of men, which is a burden.
This is partly false. Adhering to the Law brought blessing. You admit that. It was when they disobeyed the Law that they brought curses. Yeshua didn't come to free them from the Law, He came to free them from the curses of disobedience. The Law itself is easy... The bondage comes from additions to (or subtractions from) the Law. The Law itself is very simple. God Himself said, as @Pacman pointed out that 'it is not too difficult for you.' Paul even invokes that very statement in an argument to take the simple Torah, not all the manmade additions.

To be clear, the Law doesn't save, it brings blessing. Salvation has always been by grace through faith. If a person's faith was in their actions, then it was in the wrong place. Their faith, and ours, must be in Yah and His Messiah, Yeshua. Abraham believed God (Genesis 15:6) but he 'kept My laws, My statutes and My commandments..' (Genesis 26:5) Did he keep it for salvation or did he keep it because he was saved?

The physical and the spiritual are inextricably connected. We are spiritual beings in physical bodies. It is quite hard to learn deeper spiritual meaning without doing the physical commandments. For example, I read about Passover and Sukkot and had a 'book knowledge' but not until we began doing it did the real learning and understanding come. In non-Torah terms, do you want a Doctor that read about how to do a certain surgery explaining the finer points, or do you want a surgeon who has done it... multiple times? Or, still another way, Yeshua was without sin. Did He get that way by not keeping the commandments? Or, did He keep them?

So, I'm not interested in telling you or anyone else how to keep the commandments, but I gladly proclaim that God doesn't change and His ways remain the same and His own Word, (Deuteronomy 13) says if anyone leads you away from the commandments, they are to be stoned. (In modern vernacular, I just don't listen to them, then counsel rebellion.)

And, a final note, keeping the Torah of Moses doesn't make one Jewish. It makes one righteous. It is the equivalent of doing what Yeshua did.

Blessings, bro.

If you said all Judahites it would be more accurate, because there are verses in revelation that reference those who call themselves Jew and are not. This appears to be the elephant in the room that many ignore, not wanting to judge or offend anyone.
@Joleneakamama welcome to the discussion. :) I have several problems with your statement here. Let me explain.
  • I am not God and therefore do not know the heart and am not qualified to judge whether a Jew is a real Jew or not. 99.9% of Christendom uses that verse in Revelation to bash or eisegetically insert whatever animus they have for Jews and perpetuate the historic antisemitism of the Church. This is a gross disservice to any work of the Father through us toward whole people groups. We need to stop.
  • I do not disagree that there are real problems with modern nation Israel. I do not disagree that the Rothschilds and various others were involved in the rebuilding. The Medo-Persians rebuilt is once before by the hand of Cyrus. God can use any and all for His purposes... I'll leave the judging up to Him.
  • Christendom has so distorted who Messiah Yeshua really was that any 'real Jew' must reject the Christian Jesus as a Lawless idol. If they embrace the Jesus of the Church and lawlessness He allegedly professed, then they, the Jew, is condemned by Deuteronomy 13. Christendom had set up a Catch-22 that they can't evade.
  • Having been to Israel six times and lived in a community, not isolated in a hotel, I can tell you that there are many beautiful people who love and rely on the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but are trapped in a religious system that forces them to deny Jesus. They walk in righteousness and display the glory of God and joy beyond measure, yet they do not see the Messiah as I do. The wait expectantly.
  • There are tares among the Christians, too, but we judge Judah more harshly...
In the military we'd say, kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out. Now, I know the better approach is to love 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Prophecy clearly tells us in many places that both houses will be restored and we'll walk Torah and live in the Land. There is no way around this. Therefore, I love Jews and Joes, walk as a witness to the Light, keep Torah as best I can (that of Moses, not the rabbis) and wait on the Messiah.
This is why the "woman without a husband" (The desolate house of Israel) has more children then the married wife. Isa. 54:1
Judah produced Messiah, but the nations of Ephraim (called gentiles) produced a multitude who converted/became sons. Hos. 1:10.
Yes!! Notice the married woman produced sons! I.e., they both have sons. And, Hosea 1:11 the sons of Israel and the sons of Judah will be gathered together. Please, use the context instead of reading exclusionary doctrines in.

Your Ephesians and Galatians passages do speak of unity between the houses, but not uniformity. Many places, unfulfilled prophecy, clearly indicate that teh two houses will be identifiable units at the end of the age. Ezekiel 37 is one such passage I've already cited.

We must put down our animus for the house of Judah and let God sort that out. He is the Husband and we are the brides. Attacking each other and perpetuating anger, hurt, envy, jealousy, etc. is a major problem and the lesson we must learn to get to a place of true unity.

I really do love you guys! I am glad we are in the family together. I grieve that continual fault is found in Judah..

Blessings and Shalom!

How do you see the following verses fitting with a future fulfillment?

Eph. 2:14-18
14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is,the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Gal. 3:26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

These seem to be speaking in a present tense about unity between the remnant of both houses.

It is speaking about the same thing Peters vision in Acts 10 was about. "The law of commandments contained in ordinances" is the man made tradition that said the gentiles were unclean. The Torah never said this. Paul is speaking to those who are grafted in and telling them there is no difference between them and the Jews. All who have accepted Yeshua as Messiah are now Abraham's seed and have the same inheritance promised to them.

Christendom has so distorted who Messiah Yeshua really was that any 'real Jew' must reject the Christian Jesus as a Lawless idol. If they embrace the Jesus of the Church and lawlessness He allegedly professed, then they, the Jew, is condemned by Deuteronomy 13. Christendom had set up a Catch-22 that they can't evade.
Do you believe this was the reality of those who lived back then? Some distorted view that caused them to reject Yeshua?

I have no problem believing there is a divine purpose in every people and group.

Yes!! Notice the married woman produced sons! I.e., they both have sons. And, Hosea 1:11 the sons of Israel and the sons of Judah will be gathered together. Please, use the context instead of reading exclusionary doctrines in.

Paul cited Hosea and applied it to the gentiles. Some of us see that gathering as having already happened when those portions of both houses became united in Christ.

Without addressing the existence of the Jews that are not, people are as limited in their understanding of prophesy as a monogamy minded folk are in understanding marriage.
I have no hatred, jealousy, envy, hurt etc.
My first reaction is not to shun or exclude anyone on a personal level, but without considering certain historical elements, as well as the whole of the scriptures, how can we expect to understand the whole picture?

To look at this another way, there seemed to be a consensus that the true bride needed to have both the testimony of Yeshua and keep the commandments. I saw no argument about that being the "dividing line" being applied to a future fulfillment of the reuniting of the two houses.

Now look back.

Read the warnings about wolves in sheeps clothing. Read that passage in Isaiah again (65:12) because it says what is going to happen to those that did not answer the call.
Yeshua told some that "My word has no place in you because you are not my sheep" no ears to hear...won't answer.
I believe there is a remnant even in Judahism that are Israel, that will be reunited at the end....after she who labors has brought forth. (Micah mentions this)
But the new Jerusalem is not the old. There are numerous verses that talk about a new land.
The good news is our understanding, or lack of it, won't mess up the fulfillment of it all. Only ijuts like Ahab think you can outwit the one who knows the end from the beginning....most of us are just trying to fit all the pieces together.

Do you believe this was the reality of those who lived back then? Some distorted view that caused them to reject Yeshua?

Yes it was. False testimony claiming they taught against the law of Moses is the reason Yeshua, Steven, Paul and many others were put to death. The ones who knew they weren't teaching against the Torah ie. Bereans are the ones who believed and followed. The ones who were deceived and thought Yeshua was anti Torah are the ones who rejected. Of course this doesn't describe everyone but the Bible is clear that these false teachings started immediately.

Yes it was. False testimony claiming they taught against the law of Moses is the reason Yeshua, Steven, Paul and many others were put to death. The ones who knew they weren't teaching against the Torah ie. Bereans are the ones who believed and followed. The ones who were deceived and thought Yeshua was anti Torah are the ones who rejected. Of course this doesn't describe everyone but the Bible is clear that these false teachings started immediately.
What you just described is about oposite what PeteR alleged, that caused me to ask the above question.
Enemies of Yeshua spread false teaching, yes, but it was not corrupted christian doctrines that caused those back then to reject him.

Some of us see that gathering as having already happened when those portions of both houses became united in Christ.

How does this idea fit with:

Ezekiel 11:14-20 KJV
Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, [15] Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession. [16] Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. [17] Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. [18] And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. [19] And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: [20] That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah 16:14-15 KJV
Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; [15] But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

We are still talking about the first exodus. There has not been a second one yet there hasn't been an event where the lost tribes have been brought back. The two houses have not been reunited.

Back