• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Humorous Poly Moments

Our current situation leaves us in Maine, with churches everywhere in the the state we know Christians. We traveled the country and worked with 30 churches in ministry, helping them to get out with the Gospel, encourage those in the church, rebuild a dying church, etc. With all that in mind, only about 5 families have not totally disowned us due to PM, with a few of them still trying to figure out whether or not they should still be our friends. We feel like we live a double life some days, which is why we are fairly open about our beliefs. Trying to avoid controversy and division we have kept quiet to some extent and cringe every time the phone rings or an email comes in from a friend we have not talked to yet about PM.

We are glad to hear the great fellowship you are having elizabeth, and hope you find some of those you know come around to the teaching of God's Word over man's traditions. We pray the same for each one in the BF family fellowship, and long for the day when we see Christians more willing to see beyond the culture and accept that which God has accepted.

Hearing stories like that, ChrisM, really breaks my heart. As Christians, we should be so open to hearing God's Word, not pushing it away because we are so jaded by our "culture." I tend to keep very quiet about my belief in PM at the moment, because I fear what people will think (as I type that I cringe...why do I fear man?). But I am glad to hear, that you all do have friends that have not turned their backs on your family...that alone is somewhat encouraging!

I just had another moment of poly humor the other evening, as I was leaving work. I met up with my supervisor in the office, where he shared with me a joke he had just had with another supervisor standing there. She was telling him she has "an African sister, very cute, with bone in nose, will be here soon." The funny part is, my supervisor is already married, and is not looking for a "cute sister." So, not at all divulging my own lifestyle and beliefs, I conspiratorially told him, "You know, there are some tribes in Africa that practice polygamy..." :eek: (Lol, the look on his face was priceless) :lol: And I continued, "so maybe she thought you were in the market for another wife." :p My supervisor laughed and said,"Oh No! I can't handle one, I certainly don't need a second!" :lol:

Lol, turns out a lot of men in my region feel that way. :lol:

Froggie said:
My supervisor laughed and said,"Oh No! I can't handle one, I certainly don't need a second!" :lol:
Lol, turns out a lot of men in my region feel that way. :lol:

ANY of us who are SANE do, unless we're into the heavy handed authority thing, IMHO.

Personally, every time I think about it, I am reminded of Don Fransisco's wedding song which starts, "I could never promise you / On just my strength alone." The exciting part is that we don't HAVE to. God partners with us, so that His daughters can have husbands and His sons can grow into better men than they were!

And people think it's all about sex. Ri-i-i-i-ight!

Oooopos! THIS thread is about poly HUMOR. Ummm ...
Dirty Harry said:
Man's gotta know his limitations.

Back