• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro polygyny memes

Saw this online

Spooky+disgusting+ibex_f7fc64_6931525.jpg

Sounds like a rewrite of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Like The Hulk. There are only a limited number of stories in the world, they keep getting retold with different characters...
There are some erie parallels with Samson’s strength.

It didn't get a very good reception at the time if Wiki is to be believed; but the poster is hilarious. The marketing was dead on.

@Cap If I could nitpick, I would say that using this picture with that caption might not resonate with people the right way. The first thing I thought when I saw this is "Um... I'm not sure those girls were always given a choice about their bodies..."

My knowledge of FLDS practice is spotty though, just giving an opinion on how it looks from the outside.

@Cap If I could nitpick, I would say that using this picture with that caption might not resonate with people the right way. The first thing I thought when I saw this is "Um... I'm not sure those girls were always given a choice about their bodies..."

My knowledge of FLDS practice is spotty though, just giving an opinion on how it looks from the outside.

I understand that and agree. I just tried to quickly find a picture of women in polygamy with a bunch of kids. That's what I got. But it's a meme, take out of it what like.

The first thing I thought when I saw this is "Um... I'm not sure those girls were always given a choice about their bodies..."

Ya I don't think that's actually the case. But in mememetics perception matters. The meme text is great but should be paired with someone in modern styling.

Also, if you have your pick of women it should be a couple pretty but not too pretty brunette's. This is a common tactic in romance stories; they are the easiest for the audience to empathize with. A memetic example of this is in the head turn meme of the guy with his girlfriend and him looking at the other girl and the girlfriend looking disgusted.

This effect is the other reason to picture someone in modern dress/hair. You want them to see themselves in the picture. With mormon's in 100 year old style dress the first perception is of 'other' and you don't want to associate your message with 'other' as that hurts acceptance.

I get that the image was quickly made; no criticisms here I thought it was great. Just good lessons to have in general when making memes.

Back