• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro polygyny memes

INIGO_POLYMEME.jpg

Thus is the best thread, ever!

That's funny. When I was in school in the DC area, there was a bar in Fairfax called the Library (it had shelves of books on the wall) and when my parents would ask me what I was doing on a Friday or Saturday night, I would tell them the truth and say I was going to the Library. Worked for a little while.

I have a motorbike and I named her "Visitation" so when people would phone and ask where I was, my wife or kids would tell them I was out on Visitation. It was never a problem and serving as pastor, this gave me some wonderful opportunities for time-out. ;) :)

found on the intertubes...

polygamy_marriage.jpg

punchline...50 shekels of silver is about 500 USD
I found this once before. They really try hard to mock don't they?
I love how they put a plus sign with a skeleton, as if someone was married to a dead person.

SCORNER: required to marry her brother-in-law
LAW: brother-in-law required to marry her (and she is "required" to spit in his face and curse him if he refuses to provide for his brother's family)

SCORNER: concubine = slave prostitute
LAW: concubine = wife who is also a servant

SCORNER: must marry rapist
LAW: fornicator ("lay hold on" of course always means "rape" *sarcasm*) must marry and provide. Father allowed to refuse, but fornicator must still pay.

SCORNER: servant = slave
LAW: servant = someone who works for someone else; bondservant = someone whose labor belongs to someone else (unless mistreated).

SCORNER: prisoner = spoils = no rights
LAW: a prisoner must be allowed a time of mourning before becoming a bondservant (see: bondservant) and once married may not be sold, but is free upon divorce (see: mistreatment).

SCORNER: assign / arrange = force (you know, like in all modern depictions of any culture other than the enlightened modern European)
LAW: give

This is a very important parallel: actually almost all arguments against multiple wives have also been made against having multiple children, with sometimes almost identical wording.

Just brilliant
Wouldn't it be great if the highlights of this thread could be placed at the entry point to the sight so that others can first have a look and simply enjoy before they start doing the work.
There are too many that we enjoyed to "like" them all, so our appreciation and thanks to all that have contributed to this most pleasant thread.

Just brilliant
Wouldn't it be great if the highlights of this thread could be placed at the entry point to the sight so that others can first have a look and simply enjoy before they start doing the work.
There are too many that we enjoyed to "like" them all, so our appreciation and thanks to all that have contributed to this most pleasant thread.

Highlights? Those alone will take two or three pages... :D

Back