• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Passport Bros, be very careful.

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
What is a Passport Bro?
A man who travels to another country in order to find a wife.

The following video is about situations that have happened in China, a country where there is a shortage of women. But don’t assume that it cannot happen elsewhere as women learn that their country’s court system can be manipulated.

.
 
In the final clip a man expresses the desire that people (women in this case) who defraud others and refuse to pay restitution should be put in a kind of work prison where they are given jobs and not released until their debts are paid.
I was struck by the similarity to being sold into slavery to pay off your debts in the OT.
 
What is a Passport Bro?
A man who travels to another country in order to find a wife.

Let me clear. I'm not a passport bro but I am aware of what they are. I would like to put a warning to anyone seeking to be a passport bro.

If you are someone looking for a wife in China, the Philippines, or any other Asiatic country, be careful. There's too many stories of passport bros finding "wives", ending up in trouble, losing their lives. What's even worse is when the passport bro would bring his wife to the United States and then lose her in the crowd.

I'm not saying all women are like this. What I'm trying to get across is to be careful of who you choose. Make sure she is interested in you, not in committing marriage fraud or worse take your money and leave you for dead.

A lot of the passport bros online have been saying, "If you plan on marrying a wife overseas, do not ever take her to the United States at all. Too many women are in it for the green card and slip in too easily. Keep her within her family, her culture, and it's significantly harder for her to decide to ditch you just because.
 
Let me clear. I'm not a passport bro but I am aware of what they are. I would like to put a warning to anyone seeking to be a passport bro.

If you are someone looking for a wife in China, the Philippines, or any other Asiatic country, be careful. There's too many stories of passport bros finding "wives", ending up in trouble, losing their lives. What's even worse is when the passport bro would bring his wife to the United States and then lose her in the crowd.

I'm not saying all women are like this. What I'm trying to get across is to be careful of who you choose. Make sure she is interested in you, not in committing marriage fraud or worse take your money and leave you for dead.

A lot of the passport bros online have been saying, "If you plan on marrying a wife overseas, do not ever take her to the United States at all. Too many women are in it for the green card and slip in too easily. Keep her within her family, her culture, and it's significantly harder for her to decide to ditch you just because.
Don't ever do the license, just covenant with rewards and consequences, don't bring them here, the change will destabilize them. Let's say we know about that.
 
This is especially disconcerting:
 
This is especially disconcerting:
I would avoid that country because of those laws, inlaws expect you to maintain them and their other kids and your wife works for them, while saying her loyalty is to you. It's a cultural thing. We have a toxic, ultra manipulative invasive mother in law in another country and everyone fears and submits to her even as adults. It's super dark and oppressive. It's a constant battle, they even threatened with abduction of wife.and.kids and called it family intervention. They really feel entitled to do so; try to avoid those, unless the adult daughter sets real strong boundaries herself. If you as the husband continually are the one fighting for your home and peace, she will just resent you and actively work against you pretending to be emotionally loyal to your home and family.
 
Matriarchal goddess worship and compliance in this satanic church and state culture is quite strong. Be careful, avoid submission to that dark theater. Sounds crazy, but compliance to it is soul draining, emasculating and opposition to God's design.
That's what the god of this world desires.
 
To be fair, I can understand the felt need to have some protection against foreigners coming in and taking a percentage of the young women.
Matriarchalism, with the support of the prevailing religion, does exacerbate the situation.

So yes, it isn’t as much of a utopia as it might seem.
 
This is especially disconcerting:
Like dealing with ungodly people all over the world, there are potential difficulties with filipinas who are unbelievers. But I personally know filipinas who have had shockingly bad experiences with foreign guys. It goes both ways which is why I strongly encourage Christian men to do their best to ensure they are dealing with genuinely Christian women - whether in the Philippines or anywhere else in the world. But, as far as I'm concerned, godly filipinas are awesome wives.
 
I would avoid that country because of those laws, inlaws expect you to maintain them and their other kids and your wife works for them, while saying her loyalty is to you. It's a cultural thing. We have a toxic, ultra manipulative invasive mother in law in another country and everyone fears and submits to her even as adults. It's super dark and oppressive. It's a constant battle, they even threatened with abduction of wife.and.kids and called it family intervention. They really feel entitled to do so; try to avoid those, unless the adult daughter sets real strong boundaries herself. If you as the husband continually are the one fighting for your home and peace, she will just resent you and actively work against you pretending to be emotionally loyal to your home and family.
I’ve known Filipinos over the years. Their family bonds are TIGHT. In my experience, the family bond is essentially extended to all Filipinos. The foreign spouse is allowed honorary Filipino status, but not that foreign spouse’s extended family. A Filipina will see a fellow unrelated Filipina as family more than her foreign sister in law. Could just be my experience, but I’ve heard from others that the Filipinos connection is almost mob like.
 
I’ve known Filipinos over the years. Their family bonds are TIGHT. In my experience, the family bond is essentially extended to all Filipinos. The foreign spouse is allowed honorary Filipino status, but not that foreign spouse’s extended family. A Filipina will see a fellow unrelated Filipina as family more than her foreign sister in law. Could just be my experience, but I’ve heard from others that the Filipinos connection is almost mob like.
That has the potential to be quite toxic if not dangerous in some cases. My foreign mother-in-law is the toxic mob leader, it's like a cult. They fear and obey her without morally and ethical filtering. So, if your potential further mate defends hard that cult dynamic, be warned. I would run from such and later continue interviews.
 
I have a personal acquaintance that married a Filipina (20+ years ago) and it didn't work out. He wasn't even an old dude looking for a second chance at marrying a pretty young chick.

He was an American graduate student who did a Master's degree at UP Los Banos (in the Philippines), and met his wife who was a couple years younger and an undergrad there. They married, and moved to the States where he did a PhD. We met them through a grad student Intervarsity fellowship group when I was doing my MS.

I'm pretty sure he was a genuine Christian, and she professed to be one (and seemed like a lovely person in general).

They were roughly comparable in looks (him probably a 6 and her a 6 or maybe 7), but their personalities were profoundly different.

He was calm, kind, introverted, serious, and perhaps melancholy. That probably knocked him down at least one point on the attraction scale.

She was super friendly, bubbly, cheerful, and loved to have a good time. That probably pushed her up a point or two on the scale.

I bet that back home in the Philippines, it must have been exciting to date the exotic American guy.

On the other hand, here in the States, he would seem pretty boring. I bet other guys loved to flirt with her. She was a really fun person, and cute enough if not gorgeous or anything.

It kinda became apparent that she was basically an 8 and he was basically a 5.

They didn't have children (broke grad student life?) though married 5 years or so.

She eventually left him. It was a really sad situation. I liked them both, especially him.
 
Of course I also married a foreign wife. 😁
Our 26th anniversary is coming up soon.
I wasn't a "passport bro" since I didn't go abroad to find her. I met her when I was 20, and a sophomore in college. She came from Japan to study at the same university.

She is a genuine Christian, and one of the finest people I have ever known. That makes a big difference.

Christian Japanese women are pretty rare, but I recommend them if you find a cute one falling in love with you.
 
I would avoid that country because of those laws, inlaws expect you to maintain them and their other kids and your wife works for them, while saying her loyalty is to you. It's a cultural thing. We have a toxic, ultra manipulative invasive mother in law in another country and everyone fears and submits to her even as adults. It's super dark and oppressive. It's a constant battle, they even threatened with abduction of wife.and.kids and called it family intervention. They really feel entitled to do so; try to avoid those, unless the adult daughter sets real strong boundaries herself. If you as the husband continually are the one fighting for your home and peace, she will just resent you and actively work against you pretending to be emotionally loyal to your home and family.

Matriarchal goddess worship and compliance in this satanic church and state culture is quite strong. Be careful, avoid submission to that dark theater. Sounds crazy, but compliance to it is soul draining, emasculating and opposition to God's design.
That's what the god of this world desires.
Highly likely nothing with that.

This reminds me of Pakistanis. Clan based culture where every extended family member sees any reason to meddle into your life. As of course, you have to pay for everything.

So real source is clan.
 
Their family bonds are TIGHT.

This reminds me of Pakistanis. Clan based culture where every extended family member sees any reason to meddle into your life.

I would avoid that country because of those laws, inlaws expect you to maintain them and their other kids and your wife works for them, while saying her loyalty is to you.
That's why I recommend finding a hot Christian woman who is an 18 year old orphan and a virgin. Problems eliminated. ;)
 
Back
Top