• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Why the Patriarchal form of family leadership is wrong.

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
This site is more about what a Biblical family actually is than just about polygyny. In that context, the form of leadership couldn’t possibly be more important.
I believe that the Patriarchal form of family leadership is the correct one.
I don’t see any other successful form in Scripture. But some seem to have an allergic reaction to the word or concept.
What does the Word really teach us on the subject?

Btw: The header could probably be labeled as clickbait.
Idc

This site is more about what a Biblical family actually is than just about polygyny. In that context, the form of leadership couldn’t possibly be more important.
I believe that the Patriarchal form of family leadership is the correct one.
I don’t see any other successful form in Scripture. But some seem to have an allergic reaction to the word or concept.

Define biblical please.

I used Biblical, capitalized.
You seem to refer to something different.

Sorry for the grammatical error.

Define Biblical please.

At least I didn't strick through it. Hahaha :)

Then can we get Steve's definition?
I accept their definition, but I assume that we have enough respect here to use capitalization for the word.
Anyone using it without, on this site, may mean something different. That’s why I make sure that we are communicating clearly.

I accept their definition, but I assume that we have enough respect here to use capitalization for the word.
Anyone using it without, on this site, may mean something different. That’s why I make sure that we are communicating clearly.

Ok sounds good. I made my apology. I wasn't too sure what Webster meant since he appears to not offer much respect here.

Biblical

I am real interested in finding out what you think on this subject. Please share.

I assume you are including with that word, the words family and patriarch. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am real interested in finding out what you think on this subject. Please share.

I assume you are including with that word, the words family and patriarch. Correct me if I am wrong.
I have already stated that I feel that Patriarchy is taught in the Word. I am aware that some tie patriarchal leadership to a more Torah pov.

So what would you teach as the proper Christian approach to leadership, as opposed to the patriarchal approach?

I have already stated that I feel that Patriarchy is taught in the Word. I am aware that some tie patriarchal leadership to a more Torah pov.

So what would you teach as the proper Christian approach to leadership, as opposed to the patriarchal approach?

Your statement appears to be in error. You oppose Christian leadership with patriarchal leadership. This is false. True Biblical Christian leadership IS patriarchal, but only tempered with grace, as we are taught to do in relationship with others by Christ.

And to be clear, I hope it is noted, that I did not start this discussion opposing Christianity and Torah.

True Biblical Christian leadership IS patriarchal,
Somehow, in your statements on the other thread, I came away with the understanding that you were not of that opinion. So I made this thread where we could discuss the difference.
So glad to hear that we agree.

Discussion over, as far as I am concerned.

Somehow, in your statements on the other thread, I came away with the understanding that you were not of that opinion. So I made this thread where we could discuss the difference.
So glad to hear that we agree.

Discussion over, as far as I am concerned.

You seemed to have only quoted a portion of what I said "True Biblical Christian leadership IS patriarchal,". Which in actuality I said,
"True Biblical Christian leadership IS patriarchal, but only tempered with grace, as we are taught to do in relationship with others by Christ.". This may be the reason you found confusion.

Also you made this statement, " I am aware that some tie patriarchal leadership to a more Torah pov.", which may have caused me confusion. Are you not one of the 'some'?

In any event, I think it beneficial to define what Biblical Patriarchy is to the members of this forum. How do the members here see it?

Back