• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly Family Interviewed

They don't think of that do they and I think they don't care.
But I do feel 18 y old should be the min age to marry.
I personally don't have a problem with 17 year olds marrying as long as it's their choice and they're mature enough to make the choice. In today's casper milk-toast culture and society with a serious lack of parenting, the majority of 16, 17, 18, and 19 year olds are pityfully immature, self-centered, clueless about life in general, and think the world pivots on them! There doesn't seem to be much of a distinction between single parent homes and both parents in the home, nor is there much difference in secular an churched families these days. I do staunchly believe the young people should have already completed a quality education of all basics so they are equipped to teach their own children if they so choose or the need arise. The educational standards generally continue to fall in all areas--public, private, and some home schooling. Sone teachers can't teach the subject in which they majored. A large majority of parents can't teach basic math English. From the video of this guy with 6 wives, it didn't look like he was doing much of anything other than eating and making babies. How many years had he lived there in the desert? The "dream" he kept selling everyone of the green grassy courtyard was rhetoric! There was not underskirting on any of the mobiles, there was obvious disrepair on several of the homes, trash seemed to be everywhere that should have been hauled off or at least in a designated and confined area, and again I'll mention the lack of food source.

@rejoicinghandmaid i have also watched the one of the man with 6 wives. I was so sad for all of them. Those girls he married are so young and I feel mislead. He is exploiting these girls for his own needs but he really doesn't provide for them. Didnt I see that he married a girl and later married her mom? I'm not sure it it is the same guy. I would really like to do a documentary on non Mormon poly families.
Maybe one of these days...
This is the same guy who married the girls mom after he married the girl. I can't imagine what that mom was thinking! Following Mormon culture, I can see nothing indicating he approached these girls. THEY approached him! However, I do believe an honest, decent man would have held up his hand and said, Wait a minute, you're beautiful, and I'd love to have another sex partner/baby maker, but at the moment I can't even provide for the 2, or 3 that I already have. Let me get things in order and take a rain check on this!" Seems like his philosophy followed the theme of "The more-the merrier". Never mind the long haul ramifications called babies and mouths to feed, clothing and shelter to provide, emotional and physical needs to be met. He was infatuated with his own self-important image.

I've often thought it would be nice to see a poly docu with something that wasn't Mormon or Muslim or polyamory.

Age of consent:

Utah - 16
Arizona/Idaho - 18
New Mexico/Colorado - 17

Some states go to 16, more to 18.

When your best foot forward is she was 14, I'm not surprised it was worse.
One of the things that shocked me early on in the video with this first wife whom he said was 14 (and now @Verifyveritas76 has evidence that she was almost 14) is that this guy was age 35 ?!? Pray tell WHAT had been going on in his life from age 18 - 35?!? Then something else that flew a red flag toward the end of the video is when they interview the son (probably 12 or 13 or 14) who thinks potential 7th wife (at age 14) likes him, he likes her, and she (Candace) has given this boy her picture. Remember, this 2nd 14 year old is approaching this man who must now be almost 50 saying she's interested in him as a husband. The video says he's planning to wait until Candace is at least 17 to avoid legal complications. That's when they say he was currently being investigated by the county authorities.

IMO, the bigger issue at stake in this scenario is the rivalry which was already building between dad and son over Candace. Imagine those dynamics inside 4 walls!!

BTW, thanks for the age stats @rockfox.

Sorry, don't buy that for a minute.
And why not? Did you or have you lived where @Patricia not only lived but held the position of domestic violence/sexual assault victims advocate? Your opinion is yours to have, but at the least, your comment is arrogant, smacks of ignorance of the facts, and insulting to one who had the facts!

This is the same guy who married the girls mom after he married the girl. I can't imagine what that mom was thinking! Following Mormon culture, I can see nothing indicating he approached these girls. THEY approached him! However, I do believe an honest, decent man would have held up his hand and said, Wait a minute, you're beautiful, and I'd love to have another sex partner/baby maker, but at the moment I can't even provide for the 2, or 3 that I already have. Let me get things in order and take a rain check on this!" Seems like his philosophy followed the theme of "The more-the merrier". Never mind the long haul ramifications called babies and mouths to feed, clothing and shelter to provide, emotional and physical needs to be met. He was infatuated with his own self-important image.

I've often thought it would be nice to see a poly docu with something that wasn't Mormon or Muslim or polyamory.
I think its time

And why not? Did you or have you lived where @Patricia not only lived but held the position of domestic violence/sexual assault victims advocate? Your opinion is yours to have, but at the least, your comment is arrogant, smacks of ignorance of the facts, and insulting to one who had the facts!

Because our society is awash with junk stats, especially in anything the feminists take interest in, especially in that topic and that very word (which is often deceptively defined to inflate the numbers). That number is too high to be believable in our society; not credible. Now maybe in some reservation subculture there is an exception. But generally speaking, no, and even there I'd look real close at the study and who did it because the DV/CPS/divorce system is incredibly corrupt. I believe professionals from there the least.

My great grandfather was in his early 20s when he met my great grandmother. She was 15 at the time. He respectfully requested to court her. Did so with the fathers permission for about a year.
Then came the request for her hand in marriage. Then the father walks her down the isle and power is stranferred.
Happily married life long. :)
Great gramps died at age 98, and grams several years later passed in her early 90s.

My great grandfather was in his early 20s when he met my great grandmother. She was 15 at the time. He respectfully requested to court her. Did so with the fathers permission for about a year.
Then came the request for her hand in marriage. Then the father walks her down the isle and power is stranferred.
Great gramps died at age 98, and grams several years later passed in her early 90s.
Great hearing this! I've heard others share very similar accounts with much the same results. :)

@rejoicinghandmaid Ok I am going to do my best to give you as accurate of information as possible. I worked in Rio Arriba County in 2002-2003 it is the largest county in the state and very rural. I oversaw Sa/Dv victims advocacy in 19 communities. We had the least amount of resources in the state. It was "reported" (rape crisis center) that 3 out of 5. Totaling 60% adolesants were assaulted by age 18. The other 20% were unreported. As the advocate in the area I was very active in spreading awareness and had educational seminars for anyone who wished to attend but I specifically worked with schools, teachers, churches as well as with the police and medical facilities. I recorded ALL radio PSA's. At the time I was working, many were upset and felt threatened by my work to the point I was places under 24 hour surveillance after two young men showed up at my home with guns threatening to kill my children and myself. At No Time did I confront anyone. Yet I was stopped daily on and off the clock so someone could tell me their story. I can not tell you how hard it was to hear so many stories and not be able to do anything but listen, cry with and pray for them.
I am NOT into the women's liberation movement, I am for the safety and protection of those who can't stand up for themselves and have not yet found their voice. I have first hand knowledge of what it is like to be in their shoes, how this works and what happens. So with that said here are some pages of information that I could get online. I have not found my personal files. There is a 257 page report if anyone cares to read it.Screenshot_2019-03-02-18-54-40.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-18-58-48.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-18-58-54.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-05-48.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-10-48~2.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-16-41.png Screenshot_2019-03-02-18-51-10.png

Rusty I love to hear love stories like your grand parents. My great grandmother was 16 and great grandfather was 22 when they were married. They were married 67 years.

That Ageofconsent.net graphic is inaccurate. I found the page on their website it came from, and it is there in that form but even the text of the website it's on contradicts it so I'd look for other sources for info or at least check their website directly.
Your 5th image has no context, I don't know what the numbers mean.
The last image....I have no idea how most of those numbers were gathered or who compiled that page. Most are from survey's which are incredibly susceptible to manipulation in the sample, definitions and how the questions are asked. So absent better info I don't really believe them; especially as they are an order of magnitude higher than the law enforcement stats; and even those are for reports only (there are no shortage of false reports).

I find it awfully convenient they report a 1 in 5 women raped lifetime. That's the same stat as was passed around the nation about rape on college campuses as truth, yet was completely and utterly false. The same stat I've seen bandied about for rapes nationwide (using ridiculous definitions which would construe many of the men here as rapists). This last image is stats for the whole state, I'm expected to believe the entire state of NM is a hotbed of rape? 1 in 4 women had attempted rapes? Really? I'd consider it possible that some subculture in a state somewhere was that way like a poor reservation culture or some Mormon polygamist child bride cult. But an entire state? Give me a break. That's war zone levels of rape. Could I be wrong? Sure. But these numbers don't pass the sniff test with me, especially in light of the fact that feminists have been producing fake statistics on this very subject for years now. You almost have to be a feminist to even begin to think these things are credible on their face anymore; at least if you've been paying attention anyway.

I don't know you or what you did or what you personally advocated. But I've heard the man hating anti-rape PSA's that are produced now days, the toxic matriarchy feminist DV teachings that are killing marriages. I'm only surprised there isn't more community pushback. The entire DV industry was polluted by the man hating feminist Duluth approach decades ago. I trust info out of that industry about as far as a hen can spit. I don't care if they're state agencies, not after watching several state CPS agencies operate child kidnapping for hire rings for decades.

@Patricia, thanks so much for taking your time to share your personal testimony about the heartache and pain you heard from others, not to speak of the assault and threats made to yourself and family. I'm sure you had many more important things to do than pull together some documents for the rest of us to view. I'm well aware that numbers can be manipulated on paper on either side of the fence. I also know that "eyes don't lie". You saw the eyes and heard the cries! You were feet on the ground where you worked, which in most people's book trumps armchair quarterbacking and wink, wink people any day!

Obviously my original thread has been hi-jacked, but I'm glad I got to hear your story. Our nation is so sick and broken. There are both men and women who refuse to acknowledge this. There are still some very good men and women who stand up for those who can't for themselves. I still believe most plural families outside of deviant faith structures stand a chance of producing homes that honor God and His plan. In the posted videos, I have to wonder "Where were the dads of these underage girls that were being given in marriage to this 35 year old man?" Oh, yes,--now I remember--it was the dads' faith that told them it was okay for their young daughter to seek out a man. Since I don't know much about that faith group, it makes me wonder what role the parents assumed in granting the daughter's hand in marriage. I'm hoping this will get the thread back on the rails.

Rockfox, let me start by saying, I am not angry I have no ill will towards you so understand I was just stating my position. I won't continue to share information with you or here in this thread regarding this issue. We both have very strong opinions on the subject. I am not a feminist you make several personality judgements and judgements based on opinion. That sir Rockfox is not a productive way to argue a point.... But that is my opinion. You have every right to believe what you want. I brought my knowledge or experience into this thread because that was part of the subject.... 13 year old getting married to a man of 30 something. If you only want to hear your opinions on a subject ....... This may not be the place. We need to be respectful of each others views is all I am saying.
Thank you

, the toxic matriarchy feminist DV teachings that are killing marriages.
I can understand your skepticism with DV. I married a woman that was a victim of DV. I won’t go into those details here. But I can tell you, a girlfriend after my wife divorced him had a cracked skull of which he did time for.

Currently, my wife works with women who have had similar circumstances. My wife has gotten numerous midnight calls, she goes to the hospital where she is the middle person between the police and a rape victim. One woman who came for help was dead two months later.

Unfortunately, DV is alive and doing well. I’ve met many of the women who have been victims in my county. Oddly, they like me, they feel safe around me. They are sweet ladies, just picked the wrong guy.

I don’t know what the stats are with rape, real or fabricated, but the incidents are real. The women just want to be loved. But there is not enough nice guys out there that are single. They can’t have the pick of the litter.

At this point, we’ve gone full circle. And as we all know, there are plenty of nice guys to choose from, ya just have to think outside of the monogamous box.

Back