• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly Family Interviewed

Ironically, I also watched the beginning episode AND this follow up last night as well which @rockfox has posted. These are 2 different families but definitely interesting to watch if one is desiring to understand how a plural family can live in unity and/or work out the wrinkles. In the one posted by @rockfox, the 3rd wife leaves and then comes back approximately a year later which is featured in his posted video. I also watched a very lengthy docu on a man in Utah with 6 wives and 27 children. ALL 3 of these men are Mormon. I've thought on the man with 6 wives and 27 children today off and on. He's actually considering taking a 7th wife, but is waiting until she is 17 to avoid legal ramifications. He is also under investigation by the county authorities. The really sad bottom line for me is that he has 27 children and no means of supporting or providing for any of them OR the 6 wives except they drive 6-8 hours into Salt Lake City to sell magazine subscriptions! :( They've chosen to live in the desert which means they have no means of growing a garden, planting fruit trees, maintaining livestock, etc. I'm thinking--REALLY?!? dude? And you want another wife and more children?!???? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Then I thought of the verse which says, "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." I Timothy 5:8

Thanks @rockfox for adding to this thread. Very timely!

Last edited:
The thread you posted had one family. The thread Rockfox posted has two families, one of which is the same family you posted, just a year later.
You're right! Sorry--I watched a lot last night and had forgotten indeed that Rockfox's involved the 1st younger family getting into a larger dwelling. :)

I think the guy with the 6 wives is currently serving time for marrying his first before she was 14. I forget his name.
Don't know that I remember his name either. He did marry her at age 14. Then my mind goes to the next question--What are all those wives and children doing now to support themselves while he eats 3 square meals a day in an air-conditioned cell with a bed to himself?!?

Don't know that I remember his name either. He did marry her at age 14. Then my mind goes to the next question--What are all those wives and children doing now to support themselves while he eats 3 square meals a day in an air-conditioned cell with a bed to himself?!?
They don't think of that do they and I think they don't care.
But I do feel 18 y old should be the min age to marry.

@rejoicinghandmaid i have also watched the one of the man with 6 wives. I was so sad for all of them. Those girls he married are so young and I feel mislead. He is exploiting these girls for his own needs but he really doesn't provide for them. Didnt I see that he married a girl and later married her mom? I'm not sure it it is the same guy. I would really like to do a documentary on non Mormon poly families.
Maybe one of these days...

I would really like to do a documentary on non Mormon poly families.
Maybe one of these days...
Yes, the spiritual and emotional reasoning behind Mormon polygyny really skew it away from a reasonable lifestyle.

Age of consent:

Utah - 16
Arizona/Idaho - 18
New Mexico/Colorado - 17

Some states go to 16, more to 18.

When your best foot forward is she was 14, I'm not surprised it was worse.

Age of consent:

Utah - 16
Arizona/Idaho - 18
New Mexico/Colorado - 17

Some states go to 16, more to 18.

When your best foot forward is she was 14, I'm not surprised it was worse.
I was a domestic violence/sexual assault victims advocate in New Mexico and although legal consent is 17. A child who is 15 can be married to man who is 23 and it is not considered assault. The Romeo and Juliet exemption... a girl or boy of 13 can be raped by another teen under the age of 18 and it can be considered consensual. The laws are very blury. I don't know the laws in other states but I think there is probably similar laws.
I won't go off on all the blurred lines in the laws but it is infuriating! These blurred lines cause a lot of issues. Not to mention a very damaged society.... That is one of the reasons I didn't hesitate to move and take my daughters out of that mess.
Side note.... In the area I lived 80% of children, boys and girls are sexually assaulted by the age of 18.

Guessing that in our hypersexualized culture, consentual conduct is 80%+. Pressured and nonconsentual probably push the sexually active numbers into the low 90s for those in the 14-18 range.

Truth, the blurriness of AZ laws, no different than anywhere else, is a bit intentional to give the moneyed a little 'wiggle room' in the legal system. All very sad. Man's systems at their finest.

In this case, define sexually assaulted? In today’s society, is a kiss sexual assault if the age gap is more than ???. The 80% number could be correct, but what are the qualifications?

Exactly. Sometimes these statistics are just completely made up. But definitions matter. I've seen takedowns of 'sexual assault' studies that showed the definition were broad to the point of meaninglessness. And the supposed statistic based on a non-scientific survey in one location.

An easy example: some say a person can't consent to sex if they've had a drink. Well that right there easily makes 80% of kids having been sexually assaulted given the fact many go out and get drunk for the very purpose of getting laid.

Take that video for another example. In it the community brings in CPS to talk about abuse to the congregation; but the short audio clip of the speaker has her talking about power. Under the modern feminist view any exercise of any power by the man (but not the woman) in a relationship is defacto abuse. That's not about abuse, that's about installing matriarchy. Under that viewpoint the Bible is abusive.

Back