• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is God the source of evil?

It seems you are jumping past the plain sense of the scripture
In the Ten Commandments, it is written; For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day (Ex. 20:11). Nowhere does it indicate God was recreating or restoring something. While you've built a great argument, it's not what the plain reading and sense of the text indicates. If you weren't trying to accommodate millions/billions of years you couldn't find a Gap between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 because there isn't one there.

The word made there is the word asah again. In Genesis 1:1 Moses used the word "bara" It doesn't mean much in English but it does in Hebrew. Asah carries the idea of taking something and turning it into something else. You would "asah" a stick and make an arrow. Bara doesn't carry that same thought behind it. You would bara love or barah music. We don't have seperate words for this like Hebrew so we translated 2 Hebrew words into the same English Word.

Also without an earth before Genesis 1:2 you can't have Satan walking in the fires of creation like in Issiah

And when was Lucifer in the Eden wearing every precious stone? It was before Genesis 1:2

Ezekiel 28 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Also
2 Peter 3 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

During the flood of Noah's time the whole earth was flooded. Here the earth is standing out of the water and in. That means this flood is a different event.

We could go on but the important thing is that God made everything and by him all things were made.
Anyways If you want we can start another thread for creation but I don't want to derail this one any more.

The bible and christians who read it know that Hell (by which we mean the lake of fire, so there's no confusion) is a place that Satan gets thrown into, quite against his will. There he will be tormented night and day forever and ever.

Ah, but "forever and ever" is a (likely purposeful) mistranslation of aion, which is much more accurately translated as 'age' or 'eon,' so Scripture says nothing about Satan being in the lake of fire forever. The Unveiling does say, however, that he will spend more time there than others, but we will all be purified by the lake of fire.

Besides, once something lasts 'forever', how much longer would that extra 'and ever' be?

I know this represents a minority belief on my part within Christianity, but I just have to ask this: are we really that unsure of the omnipotence of our LORD that we would be insecure enough to believe that, in The End, He will have lost 95% of humanity to an entity that HE created?

I'm not happy that you would call this a symptom of insecurity in God.

I wouldn't be happy, either, had I asserted that God exhibited any symptoms of insecurity. I asked instead, "[A]re we really that unsure of the omnipotence of our LORD that we would be insecure enough to believe that, in The End, He will have lost 95% of humanity to an entity created by Satan?"

That is where most of the fossils come from.

Some of the fossils no doubt came from the flood of Noah.

However consider this:

Over 90% of the fossils are marine life. The fish were not cursed in Noah's flood. I don't think there were any fish on the Ark!
Creation scientists say the Grand Canyon was cut out by Noah's flood. Probably TRUE. the fossils revealed there were probably mostly made by Lucifer's flood.

When Satan fell like a star he hit the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Textbooks still teach dinosaurs were wiped out when a meteor hit the earth and kicked up so much dust and ash that it put the earth into a winter and destroyed most of the vegetation. Genesis 1:2 God is reforming the earth. Plus if Science wants to say the earth is millions upon millions of years old That is fine with me. I don't know how long it was from Genesis 1:1 to 1:2. If you believe Dinosaurs lived preflood why didn't they get on Ark. God said 2 of every animal. Not just the small ones.
How do you know the dinosaurs didn’t get on the ark?

The fossils are creatures that perished in Noah's flood and were buried in the sediment under/by the flood waters. The Grand Canyon was cut when the flood waters receded, rushing through like a dam breach.

It can all be completely understood and explained in one flood event.

Since God put two of each kind of animal on the ark, they must have been there. He says He did so He must have.

Because kind is broader than species. And the Brachiosaurus wouldn't have fit.

"Every" could be written from the perspective of looking backwards. Every animal (that we have now). The flood does supposedly explain a lot about the fossil record.

Although, it is possible they were on the boat, but were killed off soon after. But still, there is the space issue.

But they could have been from before the Genesis creation. Old earth, young creation.

Nowhere does it indicate God was recreating or restoring something.

"Formless and void" could be translated "empty and ruined" In other words, modern Christianity sees it as the beginning of everything could simply have been a new beginning. A recreation.

The other option is he didn't take full grown bronchiasaurus on the ark. The largest dinosaur egg found to date (as far as I know) was only as large as a football, so even bronchiasaurus started out small.:)

Maybe the snakes on board got hungry and ate them. :eek:

The other option is he didn't take full grown bronchiasaurus on the ark. The largest dinosaur egg found to date (as far as I know) was only as large as a football, so even bronchiasaurus started out small.:)
Bingo!
Yah never said to bring adults.

Bingo!
Yah never said to bring adults.

Gosssssh guys! Everybody knows he brought the Boone & Crockett record breaker of every kind of animal...

Ah, but "forever and ever" is a (likely purposeful) mistranslation of aion, which is much more accurately translated as 'age' or 'eon,' so Scripture says nothing about Satan being in the lake of fire forever. The Unveiling does say, however, that he will spend more time there than others, but we will all be purified by the lake of fire.
Besides, once something lasts 'forever', how much longer would that extra 'and ever' be?

Semantics! The same phrase is used in Hebrews 1:8 for how long the throne of Jesus is gonna last. Does He abdicate when we've all finally been purified by the lake of fire?

Last edited:
Gosssssh guys! Everybody knows he brought the Boone & Crockett record breaker of every kind of animal...
It is funny that we always see drawings of adult elephants, giraffes, and etc. but why?
Can you imagine the difference in logistics if all of the animals were just freshly weaned?

It is funny that we always see drawings of adult elephants, giraffes, and etc. but why?
Can you imagine the difference in logistics if all of the animals were just freshly weaned?
Right?! Noah was around 600 years old at the time of the flood, I’m sure he had gained enough wisdom by that point to not think he had to take the biggest of each kind of animal lol

I wouldn't be happy, either, had I asserted that God exhibited any symptoms of insecurity. I asked instead, "[A]re we really that unsure of the omnipotence of our LORD that we would be insecure enough to believe that, in The End, He will have lost 95% of humanity to an entity created by Satan?"

Took me a second to understand what you're saying here. I get it.

What I'm saying is that saying that "people who believe in the doctrine of eternal damnation are actually insecure about God's omnipotence" is a huge straw man. We believe He's capable of anything, but He won't do what He won't do, and He will do what He will do. We may be incorrect about what we perceive Him to have communicated, but it isn't because we doubt His ability.

Also if they needed to repopulate the earth I'd want them as young as possible to maximize their potential.

Also if I had to wrestle a tiger that got loose from his pen... I'd want it to be a cub....

I looked them up and I have heard Kent Hovind preach before. I can't remember everything he taught though. I see he is against evolution which is good. I'll have to watch one of his vids. I skimmed over one to see his thoughts on creation and the age of the world but he never really got into it.
He’s got some great ones on dinosaurs.

Back