• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women, how do you feel about the forum?

Why do you not post outside the Ladies Only section of the forum?

• I don't have time.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I'm not interested in the topics.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I'm worried that I will be attacked for my opinion.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I don't feel I have enough biblical knowledge to participate or add anything helpful.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I choose to talk to my husband/father about biblical matters, rather than asking a question here.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Way too much testosterone around here!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like using internet forums at all, I only like chat and private messaging.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already comment outside the Ladies Only section and feel comfortable doing so.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I'm an ENFP-T

If there are one or two incidents in particular that stand out, and have resulted in you choosing to pull back from interacting on the forum, would you be able to post a link to this so the men can read and reflect on how this was perceived and the effect it has had?

Men: Do NOT argue about whether the incident posted was actually harsh or not, or justified, or misunderstood, or whatever. That would be completely counterproductive, and would just discourage the women involved even more. I expect the ladies will be quite nervous about sharing any specific examples, and the last thing we need is people reacting in a way that makes this worse. Please show them that it is safe to share this by saying NOTHING in response - and that includes private messages (don't start a private conversation with them to try and discuss it).

I'm trying to find out what things the women PERCEIVE negatively enough to cause them to not want to post. As Sarah's said, much of this will be one giant miscommunication, so things being perceived incorrectly goes without saying. The point is that we can read and consider if there are ways we could improve our communication in future.
https://biblicalfamilies.org/forum/threads/just-an-observation.14453/page-12

One of the reasons I am rarely posting is that I am not very comfortable by writing down my thoughts and I am not so well in express myself in English (because it is not my native language). What doesn’t help me is that some posts are very long and I am just loosing track. Another reason? I was never good at speaking sessions at school and in a way posting here feels the same.;)

Okay - I am going to ask.... What are the lettered acronyms that I know nothing about ... enfpt. Isfp? Etc? Lol!

One of the reasons I am rarely posting is that I am not very comfortable by writing down my thoughts and I am not so well in express myself in English (because it is not my native language).
You express yourself beautifully! I've never not understood you, on the chat or on here.

Another reason? I was never good at speaking sessions at school and in a way posting here feels the same
I conveniently was not at school on the days we had to do speeches....

Okay - I am going to ask.... What are the lettered acronyms that I know nothing about ... enfpt. Isfp? Etc? Lol!
It's the results of the personality test that @WaterSpirit gave a link for. Frankly pretty accurate as far as I can tell. Nailed my personality right on the dot lol Freaky when you read about yourself going "WOW! I GET ME NOW!" lol

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test (forgot to attach WaterSpirit's post with the link lol)

I wonder how much of the women thinking they're going to be attacked is true, or is it that we see men arguing so much on this forum and being quite harsh with each other, that we think that will happen to us if we even try?
I feel I have been attacked a few times so I stay away from heavy subjects or those where the men are bantering back and forth. I still on occasion will read and interact but really don't feel safe amongst the men.... Please don't misunderstand I am glad they can say their peace but women are not men as it is so often pointed out and men forget they can't talk to most of us the way they would with the men. My brain does not work like theirs, my thoughts and responses are not like our male counterparts. I like that we were not created to be the same but i also dont want to be put down for thinking differently. Many of you have become active parts of my life and I love you! I just don't want to debate God's word. ... key word Debate.
So there you go that's my opinion there wasn't an option for that.

My thoughts on ladies participating on the Forum are very similar. I have to smile sometimes though when men ask for the women to post their thoughts on a subject but don't think about that the majority of men have sabotaged the women from wanting to share. I would personally like to see the women share more in the Ladies Only section but totally understand that most of our female members are dealing with young children, homeschooling, work and just being a wife. So, maybe I should be thankful for the amount that IS posted?

I do think the men should practice more restraint when a woman posts. Consider it practice at talking and communicating with your wife which I suspect can always use some improvement at home. And I would be open to any suggestion to make things "safer" for the ladies but personalities and gender seem to just naturally keep us away. So, is that really a bad thing? Are we sitting at home wishing we could post on a certain subject? I am sure there are times but for the most part I think us women are good to read and ask our husbands. Tell me if I am off on this.

[

I am an ISTJ...so most of us have the IS and J in common.
I'm a INTJ/ENTJ according to the results of the 3 test I took, because once could be wrong, twice a coincidence, three times a pattern forms. all three said both.

My thoughts on ladies participating on the Forum are very similar. I have to smile sometimes though when men ask for the women to post their thoughts on a subject but don't think about that the majority of men have sabotaged the women from wanting to share. I would personally like to see the women share more in the Ladies Only section but totally understand that most of our female members are dealing with young children, homeschooling, work and just being a wife. So, maybe I should be thankful for the amount that IS posted?

I do think the men should practice more restraint when a woman posts. Consider it practice at talking and communicating with your wife which I suspect can always use some improvement at home. And I would be open to any suggestion to make things "safer" for the ladies but personalities and gender seem to just naturally keep us away. So, is that really a bad thing? Are we sitting at home wishing we could post on a certain subject? I am sure there are times but for the most part I think us women are good to read and ask our husbands. Tell me if I am off on this.
I don't have a husband so I do appreciate talking to SOME of the men about things but they are not my head, sometimes I need patience and help understanding certain things. I try not to share my heart openly anymore.... Sometimes it just comes out LOL but I do need and want to have core men I can turn to for answers not because I can't think for myself but men do present things differently and I appreciate the ones that are a part of my life.

I'm a INTJ/ENTJ according to the results of the 3 test I took, because once could be wrong, twice a coincidence, three times a pattern forms. all three said both.
I've taken the test 2 different times quite a ways apart.. and got ENFP both times lol

Sooo derailed. :p I think boys have squirrels in their heads more then women do, lol.
@julieb, I think it would be beneficial for the women who are struggling or trying to accept certain things for the men to restrict harsh comments towards women. I really would like to participate in deeper discussions.... I would like to learn, converse and grow. I’ve resorted to PM or ladies only. NOT because I have personally been treated harshly, but because I choose not to put myself out there. I don’t join in on much of the men’s discussions because some topics are best left to the men who know what they’re talking about. And really my husband has all the answers,;) so I ask him for clarity, as it seems most wives trust their husband’s opinion and leadership on doctrine.
I was told by a lady, that a woman deserved her harsh counter attack here because it’s a man’s forum.
It’s a Family Forum. Grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back