• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Housing

Yeah, I don't really get this. I'd LOVE help in the kitchen! I'd love to work with someone else in there (though it's a tiny kitchen so not much room, but still....).
There’s not much that warms the heart more than seeing your women come together in this manner. Watching them work together in keeping the whole house working is a wonderful blessing.

Yeah, I don't really get this. I'd LOVE help in the kitchen! I'd love to work with someone else in there (though it's a tiny kitchen so not much room, but still....). As long as she cleans up after herself, and I'm not having to constantly tidy her mess (compromise, we work together, sometimes she cleans up my mess, sometimes I do hers etc), then I'd be fine with it.
But it's great that you like to cook! Are you a cook or a baker?
Mainly cook, hardly ever bake. I cook, grill stuff.

That’s what we do and it works. I do always tell them, jokingly, that someday we may just have a master’s suite and then a bunk room for the women. You should see the looks on their faces and their reactions. :D But in all honesty, it may be what’s best someday. It isn’t now, but all options are on the table.
I’m a country boy so a house in the country, I can have a big house and comfortably fit everyone. Big living room, big kitchen, etc.

That’s what we do and it works. I do always tell them, jokingly, that someday we may just have a master’s suite and then a bunk room for the women. You should see the looks on their faces and their reactions. :D But in all honesty, it may be what’s best someday. It isn’t now, but all options are on the table.
Tell them you're going to get one of those bunk sets with a double on the bottom and a single on the top, so you can go down to one room and they can just alternate between the bottom and top bunks. Should get an even better reaction!

I’m starting out as EMT which is 16 an hour but I want to reach paramedic level which can make up to 22 an hour. At least for the hospitals I’d work for. But I’m also going into flip business with a friend flipping houses and rent them out as vacation rentals
Sounds like a good plan!

Oh yeah and I’ve looked at house plans, rustic style and some I can request changes such as add rooms or change layouts etc, which works for me because I can make it big enough and fit my style
Also look at industrial sheds / warehouses / retail buildings. Might be able to get a greater floor area for a lower price than with traditional house building methods.

Of course, which is why I suggest it, because in the country industrial sheds are extremely common so you'd be spoilt for choice of companies who could sell you a kitset or build them entirely.

The term “Ladies Dorm” is so under appreciated.

Nope! Ladies Dorm would be assuming their genders, it has to sound way more dumb to be considered PC
If they are wives of mine they absolutely will have to identify as females.

js

:)

@steve, I know you’re away from home a lot with work, but given you’re a polygynous man, and if you don’t mind me asking, what are the logistics you’ve experimented with at home regarding housing and such? And what have you settled on working best for your family?

Just some comments on this topic that went waaaaaaay off the rails! :p

We live in one large newer house and one smaller older house on the same property because we have two houses. We used to all live in one house.
We also have an old bunkhouse we made into bedrooms for the boys and it's like a third house but boys only and no kitchen. If we ever host a meetup my plan is to open the bunkhouse for anyone who doesn't have an RV.

In the kitchen I do most of the cooking and baking because the family paid for me to go to culinary school and that's my thing. The other ladies cook and bake sometimes but it's when they want to do it and they make what interests them. At this point the kids are responsible for setting the table and cleaning the dishes and that makes life easier.

Acceptable help in the kitchen means someone is pouring me coffee, putting the right amount of cream in it, and then putting it where I want it. Aside from that if I'm in the kitchen I prefer to handle it all on my own. Cooking an entrée, two side dishes, and baking rolls is like a dance because you want it all to be done at the same time. Having someone else 'helping' me by prepping and cooking something at their own pace is like dancing a waltz with someone who is tap dancing. They're going to be done with their dish before or after me and then something ends up on the table late or cold and the reasons why I go to church will become very, very visible! :mad:

Easier just to do it myself.

We live in one large newer house and one smaller older house on the same property because we have two houses.
We have a one wife family, but we have started spreading out too. It is terribly inconvenient in my opinion. That kitchen tool you need has a knack of always being one mile away when you need it! I would want to share a house, as big family with everyone doing things together is the good stuff!

They're going to be done with their dish before or after me and then something ends up on the table late or cold and the reasons why I go to church will become very, very visible! :mad:
That made me smile!
I was the same for a long time. I can think linearly as in one thing at a time when I work alone, but I have learned to give others jobs too. We cannot always do it solo, especially when the business phone must be answered.

Back