• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Housing

Just some comments on this topic that went waaaaaaay off the rails! :p

We live in one large newer house and one smaller older house on the same property because we have two houses. We used to all live in one house.
We also have an old bunkhouse we made into bedrooms for the boys and it's like a third house but boys only and no kitchen. If we ever host a meetup my plan is to open the bunkhouse for anyone who doesn't have an RV.

In the kitchen I do most of the cooking and baking because the family paid for me to go to culinary school and that's my thing. The other ladies cook and bake sometimes but it's when they want to do it and they make what interests them. At this point the kids are responsible for setting the table and cleaning the dishes and that makes life easier.

Acceptable help in the kitchen means someone is pouring me coffee, putting the right amount of cream in it, and then putting it where I want it. Aside from that if I'm in the kitchen I prefer to handle it all on my own. Cooking an entrée, two side dishes, and baking rolls is like a dance because you want it all to be done at the same time. Having someone else 'helping' me by prepping and cooking something at their own pace is like dancing a waltz with someone who is tap dancing. They're going to be done with their dish before or after me and then something ends up on the table late or cold and the reasons why I go to church will become very, very visible! :mad:

Easier just to do it myself.
Bunkhouse for the boys, like getaway I’m sure hahaha. How old are the boys? Having been a boy myself I’m sure they’re a rowdy bunch

@steve, I know you’re away from home a lot with work, but given you’re a polygynous man, and if you don’t mind me asking, what are the logistics you’ve experimented with at home regarding housing and such? And what have you settled on working best for your family?
I hate to disappoint, but our housing is super-boring.
With no children younger than 30, there are none at home in our 3 bedroom rambler.

We do minister to people a lot and have had an extra girl with the family for the past 5 years or so.
The last 3 months we have had a somewhat homeless gal on the couch. She came with a Prius. Leaving Sunday, I believe.
We have housed a couple and then a single gal in the shop, and now we have insulated and paneled a shed as a bedroom.

I had assumed that we were maxed out in our present space at 3 women on the premises, but what the neighbors perceived as thunder and lightning was Yah’s laughter.

Cause now days one has to be specific... Anyone can IDENTIFY as female, biology be damned.
All my wives are female, my point was that they will continue to identify as female.

It would be a total pain if a wife were to start identifying as a male.

Bunkhouse for the boys, like getaway I’m sure hahaha. How old are the boys? Having been a boy myself I’m sure they’re a rowdy bunch

We have five boys out there ages 10 to 13. They're boys but not so bad if you ask me!

Looks like there’s a twin somewhere in there, lucky you!! I’m praying to be blessed with boys. I don’t a girl but rather all boys.

They're not all mine but you're right that boys are a blessing!

We have five boys out there ages 10 to 13. They're boys but not so bad if you ask me!
That sounds like a high time for a bunch of boys! We have 6 sons total, but with a couple shaving already and two more that will need to soon....I just can't call them all boys. ;)
I think sons are wonderful....but there are still some aspects of the nature of men that are just foreign to me. Thankfully they outgrow some ideas. They haven't tossed ripe apricots into a ceiling fan in many years...:rolleyes: and I just can't see them doing that as men. :) They still hunt skunks though. :D:p

That sounds like a high time for a bunch of boys! We have 6 sons total, but with a couple shaving already and two more that will need to soon....I just can't call them all boys. ;)
I think sons are wonderful....but there are still some aspects of the nature of men that are just foreign to me. Thankfully they outgrow some ideas. They haven't tossed ripe apricots into a ceiling fan in many years...:rolleyes: and I just can't see them doing that as men. :) They still hunt skunks though. :D:p
My goodness!!! It’s good that they have their dad for well to teach shaving, manscaping (if practiced) and such. So many without fathers and end up lost and stray from God. My grandmother raised me. And I intend to be there for my children, divorce in my eyes are a no go.

Back