• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer BF get-together - this is happening

Actually I can only make it on the 18th, and not the 19th or 20th. I can't step into a hotel on a sabbath or high sabbath. If it changes to another weekend, I can do Friday and Sunday. But on this particular weekend my fellowship is doing Shavuot/Pentacost, which is a high sabbath.

Did we miss the newsletter?

He did say try, and it's only Tuesday, but I second your eagerness!

If only I had started talking on here a few months earlier, I would be much more comfortable to go than just up and going at the last minute. I'm a planner and so many things happening in those 3 days. Must be a popular time of year!

If only I had started talking on here a few months earlier, I would be much more comfortable to go than just up and going at the last minute. I'm a planner and so many things happening in those 3 days. Must be a popular time of year!
Carpe diem :D

Carpe diem :D

I know, I know! Believe me, seizing the day back last year when I went to Missouri to meet a potential couple? I thought everything was fine ALL the way through and thought that on the plane ride home... And I got ghosted.

I know, I know! Believe me, seizing the day back last year when I went to Missouri to meet a potential couple? I thought everything was fine ALL the way through and thought that on the plane ride home... And I got ghosted.
“Experience is the best teacher”

If you are rejected in a situation that would have been a bad fit, it is a net positive.

“Experience is the best teacher”

If you are rejected in a situation that would have been a bad fit, it is a net positive.

It is it just hurts when people talk about honesty and such and people talk out of both sides of their mouth.

It is it just hurts when people talk about honesty and such and people talk out of both sides of their mouth.
I am sorry, I’m sure that it does.
But it will hurt a lot longer if you landed in the wrong place.

See my response in the Courtship thread.

I am sorry, I’m sure that it does.
But it will hurt a lot longer if you landed in the wrong place.
True wisdom that!

Kristin and I have reservations. We're arriving Thursday evening and leaving around noon on Sunday.

And I remembered this time to refrain from mentioning the site of the retreat!

Well I just learned the official start time, which was much later in the day than I was expecting. I'll have to leave by sunset as I'm a strict shabbat keeper. So I'll only be able to meet you all for a very short time.
If I'm allowed to, I could meet some people before the official start time. I just asked Nathan about that. Also I could meet on shabbat if it is outside the hotel. But it would have to be one or the other, as I wouldn't have enough gas to do both and can't buy gas on a shabbat.

Well I just learned the official start time, which was much later in the day than I was expecting. I'll have to leave by sunset as I'm a strict shabbat keeper. So I'll only be able to meet you all for a very short time.
If I'm allowed to, I could meet some people before the official start time. I just asked Nathan about that. Also I could meet on shabbat if it is outside the hotel. But it would have to be one or the other, as I wouldn't have enough gas to do both and can't buy gas on a shabbat.
Shabbat is sunset to sunset, though, so you have to meet with people prior to sunset on Friday, and then you could meet with people after sunset on Saturday, right? Or are there more than one shabbats that week? (Please forgive me for not keeping up with that, but I'm not a TK.)

Back