• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

oh yeah, i guess i haven't been around much, i see that now we have 'seasoned people'
i guess rather than the old assended people
i may have noticed that awhile ago and forgot,
but i'd rather not go dig in the anuls of this site to find out for sure.
"Ascended" just sounded too Buddhist or New-Age, and there were other labels that were confusing. I've switched to a set of names that are obvious what they mean.

"Seasoned member" means they're pre-seasoned, so when you cook them you don't have to add any salt. If you cook a "member" you have to remember to add the salt yourself.

"Ascended" just sounded too Buddhist or New-Age, and there were other labels that were confusing. I've switched to a set of names that are obvious what they mean.

"Seasoned member" means they're pre-seasoned, so when you cook them you don't have to add any salt. If you cook a "member" you have to remember to add the salt yourself.
Ah I see, I thought it was a reference to cast iron cookware.

Seasoned cast iron?
I probably have some semblance of resemblance.

how did you begin to believe in God?

And do you feel connected to God?

Although I believe that God exists, I often feel distant from him and from humanity, an uncomfortable feeling that I can't explain..

Pressure is made for shoulders, not hips.

Kevin Samuels

Oh how I look forward to the day when my title reads “old greasy skillet”. One can dream :rolleyes:
If it's greasy, it's not well-seasoned . . . and, conversely, if it's well-seasoned, it's not greasy, just lightly lubed for ease of use.

I really can't remember a time when I didn't believe in our Father. I did spend pretty much the first quarter century of my adulthood turning my back on Him, but I was never an atheist. I returned to Him and to His Son after 25 years about 20 years ago, and what it took was Him speaking to me through others in a way that worked for my particular mind, and that came in response to prayer suggested by a dear friend, who said, "Pray to Him even if you don't believe in Him; He doesn't need for you to believer; He wants you to, but He is too Perfect to need anything from you. He knows you need Him. Just pray every day, and ask Him to speak to you in a way that is perfect for you." And He did.

Generally, yes, but sometimes I don't. That's not His fault; it's much more a matter of my occasional failure to regularly remind myself of His existence in everything. Or falling into a rut of expecting my life to be better than it is, which I would categorize as a form of entitled self-pity. When I'm feeling sorry for myself, I focus on what isn't rather than what Is.

Although I believe that God exists, I often feel distant from him and from humanity, an uncomfortable feeling that I can't explain..

Really, I think you just described it. The distance isn't His; it's imposed by us individually, even if that's done unconsciously.

Remember, though, that even doubting His existence is just part of what it is to be a human being. One of the most pious and selfless individuals ever on this planet, Mother Theresa, asserted later in life that even she regularly doubted God's existence and was thankful that He had broad enough shoulders to continually forgive us for that.

I think it's worthwhile to make a regular habit of purposefully turning your eyes toward Him. Recognize His Existence in every single little thing, right down to the mosquito that has its own purpose within Father's Scheme of Things (His Plan). Contemplate the incredibly complex set of necessary actions it took to create our world, and glorify our Creator for having done that for us. Know that He loves us. Surrender your life to His Son's Headship. And seek a man who does the same, to whom you can surrender, and with whom you can have the type of relationship that will both provide the level of fullness our Creator intended and that will glorify Him.

I’ve hated this woman. I’ve not loved her at full capacity. I’ve fed her lies & told her she wasn’t good enough and have allowed others to tell her she wasn't good enough. I’ve allowed her to be broken. I've allowed others to treat her disrespectfully. I’ve allowed her to run through brick walls & battle for others who won’t even stand for her. I couldn’t stop individuals from abandoning her, yet I’ve seen her get up and stand to be a light to the world & love others despite all that. I have stood paralyzed by fear while she fought battles in her mind, heart and soul.

This woman has screwed up many times, as a daughter, sister and as a friend, as am mom, and a wife because she doesn’t always say or do the "right things". She has a smart mouth, and she has secrets. She has scars... because she has a history.

Some people love this woman, some like her, and some people don't care for her at all. She has done good in her life. She has done bad in her life. She is random and sometimes silly. She will not pretend to be someone she is not. She is who she is.

You can love her or not. But if she loves you, she will do it with her whole heart, and she will make no apologies for the way she is or the way she loves.

This Woman is a WARRIOR & A SURVIVOR. She’s not perfect but she has a lot of WORTH! She Deserves the world and to be Treated like a queen. She Deserves to be someone’s everything and get everything she wants.

But yet she always puts her worth aside to please others and to do what they need and want over what she needs and wants. But she is
0oVStLE4g9cWtt6w8gDZ6B35w
0HQKBgrHZ-l__Gia8LIBBOHxw
worth more then what she gets.

When will her time come? To be happy and Receive the same she gives. When will the pain she as been though change to love and the worth she Deserves?

A warrior and a survivor can only go though so much before they break for good. Before they give up and don’t see the point in fighting for others that don’t fight for them.

When will she get the worth she Deserves for what she does? She prays over and over for others that will not do the same. She feels alone and feels she only has one on her side. One she can’t touch but can feel inside. He knows she needs more. He is always there when she needs Him but it is not the same as someone to hold her.
This women is me

Happy Independence Day to one and to all!! :)
I'm looking forward to dependance day too. The day our nation turns back to God and prays...."Spare your people.. and let not the heathen rule over us lest they say in their hearts where is their God."

I'm looking forward to dependance day too. The day our nation turns back to God and prays...."Spare your people.. and let not the heathen rule over us lest they say in their hearts where is their God."
That’d be nice, but I’m not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

On my trip, I gathered up five pots of plants from the front yard rock garden I had at our old home in Pennsylvania. Five pots, but only three distinct plants. The two plants in the first four pots actually thrived living in the trunk of our rental car all but 4 of the following 18 days we were traveling, but plant 3 isn't looking good. In any case, both ankles braced and one in an aircase, I fully weeded our target garden today (leaving more bare ground than not, prepared the soil, planted the five plants (all of which are spreaders, the two thriving varieties sedum succulents), and gave them all a thorough watering as the sky looked like it might follow up with a good rain (I'm hearing thunder right now, five hours later, which reminded me), so I'm hopeful that they will all take root -- maybe even the dead-looking one. I made the mistake of planting six varieties of succulents and two varieties of prickly pear cacti too late in the season and then left them half-established for our new neighbors to water, but all but one was in better shape when we returned (one succulent disappeared altogether) -- and the aloe vera I thought was a goner is really hanging in there!

Spokesman: Israel to deport dozens of African Hebrews

ILAN BEN ZION
April 26, 2021·2 min read

JERUSALEM (AP) — Dozens of members of a polygamous, vegan sect in Israel have received deportation orders from the government, the group's spokesman said Monday, despite much of the community having received permanent residency under arrangements with Israel.

The community, which numbers around 3,000 people, is comprised of Black Americans whose founders moved to Israel in the 1960s and believe they are descendants of an ancient Israelite tribe. Most live in the southern desert town of Dimona.

Prince Immanuel Ben-Yehuda, spokesman for the African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem, said the Interior Ministry had given notice to at least 46 families that they must leave the country within 60 days, calling it a “shock to the system.”

The African Hebrew Israelites began arriving in Israel in 1969, following Ben Carter, a Chicago steelworker who renamed himself Ben Ammi Ben Israel and claimed to be God’s representative on earth.

But Israel wasn’t sure what to make of the newcomers, who arrived on tourist visas, adopted Hebrew names and a West African style of dress. The government was unsure whether they qualified for citizenship under the country’s “Law of Return,” which is granted to almost any Jew who requests it.

The Interior Ministry granted many members of the community temporary residency in 1992 and permanent residency status in 2003. Many members study in Israeli schools and serve in the military.

“For quite some time, we’ve had a number of members of the community with different levels of immigration status, some of us have full citizenship, some taken permanent residency, some have temporary residency, and some have no status whatsoever,” said Ben-Yehuda. He said the community has been working for years with Israeli authorities to sort out the legal status of those without permanent residency.

The Population and Immigration Authority said in a statement that in 2003, 1,200 African Hebrew Israelites were found eligible for residency, and that in the years afterward the office received other requests from people who were not members of the community.

“All those who were not included in the list of community members and didn’t meet the criteria received a negative reply and in effect are residing illegally in Israel for a long period and must leave according to the law,” the authority said in a statement. It added that those who had received deportation letters were entitled to appeal.

Ben-Yehuda said the community would appeal the decision. “We’re here because we chose to be here to build this country and give our energy to the improvement and the betterment of this nation, so it’s quite a bit disheartening in that respect,” he said.

I have to answer the second question first and I'll say I don't feel any more or less connected to God than I do to President Trump.

The answer to the first question is that my process of starting to accept God started when I joined my family. Joining my family was a tumultuous event for me and sometimes it was extremely difficult. But each day I saw new things to appreciate and each day I saw new blessings. At some point I realized that God had provided me with a safe and protective family and as I did my part the blessings came down on me. That's led me to study Scripture and even to join this community (BF) and be blessed by learning from the immensely knowledgeable people here who discuss and argue about God's Will as He expressed it to us in Scripture.

I need to clarify that my joining my family was me doing the right thing for all the wrong reasons. Absent the Hand of a Loving Father my poor choices could have resulted in something awful. Instead I have been amazingly blessed by a Grace and Mercy that I did not deserve. Not at all.

Given that I do not believe in coincidences my only logical conclusion from my experiences is that God is real and present in my life even if I can't see Him or connect to Him at a personal level. And that's not a disappointment to me because I no more need to have God Grace me with His presence than I need President Trump to come visit me.

To go a little further on this I've sometimes said that I don't believe in God. I don't need to believe in God when to me God is as real as Donald Trump is.

I hate Instagram. I hate it with a passion. It's not normal. The photos people post are not normal. Even the people that say they're showing the 'real' stuff, the good and the bad. They're not. It's weird, like this little world of its own. I'm concerned that young people are looking at this and thinking it's normal.
I only joined up for my business, and as a business I will tell you that it is incredibly difficult to work with. I can only use the app to do anything, and the app is clunky and annoying. Also, it wants a tonne of privileges on my phone, but I won't let it have them lol. I basically have it on the bare minimum to work.
I don't get reels. They're just videos. Really weird, perfect and narcissistic videos.
All the 'influencers' are the same, all post the same things that are so so fake.
It's so weird.
I hate it.

Back