• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Remember you need oxygen to burn those hydrocarbons, they're not much use unless you can get a massive oxygen supply also. Of course they'd be a potentially profitable export to earth if you could get the transport cost low enough, but if you pushed it too far you could potentially hit the same problem here eventually also. It's manageable, but would need to actually be managed, that's all.

Remember you need oxygen to burn those hydrocarbons, they're not much use unless you can get a massive oxygen supply also. Of course they'd be a potentially profitable export to earth if you could get the transport cost low enough, but if you pushed it too far you could potentially hit the same problem here eventually also. It's manageable, but would need to actually be managed, that's all.
I was thinking export hydrocarbonates.

At least lack of oxygen removes fire hazard when mining.

I was thinking export hydrocarbonates.

At least lack of oxygen removes fire hazard when mining.
If hydrocarbons are produced by natural geological forces without the need for biomass, then wouldn’t we be sitting on a potentially renewable/indefinite supply here on Earth?

They're produced from something and contain energy, which must come from somewhere. There is no such thing as a perpetual energy device. An earth that continually produced energy-containing hydrocarbons for infinity would be a perpetual energy device, and thus physically impossible. But we are sitting on a potentially massive supply that could keep mankind going for a long time.

They're produced from something and contain energy, which must come from somewhere. There is no such thing as a perpetual energy device. An earth that continually produced energy-containing hydrocarbons for infinity would be a perpetual energy device, and thus physically impossible. But we are sitting on a potentially massive supply that could keep mankind going for a long time.
What?! You don’t believe in perpetual motion machines?? Jk
It’s potentially a much more massive supply then previously thought. I wasn’t trying to suggest that it was literally an infinite supply for all eternity.

What?! You don’t believe in perpetual motion machines?? Jk
It’s potentially a much more massive supply then previously thought. I wasn’t trying to suggest that it was literally an infinite supply for all eternity.
There are Russian theories that oil is naturally produced by planet deep inside. Worth checking.

Source isn't dead dinos.

And all of the burned hydrocarbons have not changed the co2 levels enough to make a real difference in our dnvironment.. it's all just another way for the evil to try to manipulate and control the masses.

I was thinking that Iceland looks nice and the population is super small so presumably easy to influence the local politics. Still a bit of a commute but bit easier than titan

The biggest problem with making a Titan oil rig settlement economic would be transport costs. You'd have to have enormous oil tanker spaceships to carry enough to make it economic, while those in turn would require a vast amount of fuel, which would have to be refined on Titan. And would need a massive supply of oxygen or another oxidiser, which if it does not exist on Titan and cannot be sourced in that region of space would have to be shipped from earth as backload. Ultimately coming from either the atmosphere or oceans, so you'd be gradually depleting earth's oxygen supplies or water supplies in order to ship in oil. Really, you'd need to invent a new method of propulsion before it became viable.

Am I overthinking this? :)

No, pipeline wouldn't work, it would freeze solid in space unless it was heated. But that actually means we don't need an oil tanker either. Just need to throw enough up into space to form a massive oil iceberg and then lob it in the direction of earth like a giant meteorite. When it gets here, nudge it into orbit using a tug, then cut off manageable chunks and drop them on parachutes. It's actually quite simple after all. Let's do it.

The biggest problem with making a Titan oil rig settlement economic would be transport costs. You'd have to have enormous oil tanker spaceships to carry enough to make it economic, while those in turn would require a vast amount of fuel, which would have to be refined on Titan. And would need a massive supply of oxygen or another oxidiser, which if it does not exist on Titan and cannot be sourced in that region of space would have to be shipped from earth as backload. Ultimately coming from either the atmosphere or oceans, so you'd be gradually depleting earth's oxygen supplies or water supplies in order to ship in oil. Really, you'd need to invent a new method of propulsion before it became viable.

Am I overthinking this? :)
Solar sail.

Just like regular sails, this time with solar wind.

“Scripture engaged believer.”

A phrase that I heard this am.
I like it, it has action.

“Scripture engaged believer.”

A phrase that I heard this am.
I like it, it has action.
My only objection to the term 'engaged' is that it reminds me a bit of the old joke about the producers of the bacon and the egg for breakfast. (Admittedly, the terms are usually 'committed' vs 'involved.')

For quite a few years I've used the term 'TOBe' (pronounced 'To Be') - for Torah-Obedient Believer. It gives me a chance to explain that His Torah doesn't mean what they usually think, but is "Instruction," and then the 'commitment' part has the action.

My adaptation:
1715858364231.png
The basis for much miscommunication.
The goal is to focus on what the person thinks that they mean, rather than what the words actually mean.
Something that it has taken me a long time to learn.

My adaptation:
View attachment 7191
The basis for much miscommunication.
The goal is to focus on what the person thinks that they mean, rather than what the words actually mean.
Something that it has taken me a long time to learn.
First that comes to mind these last several years is gender

The deliberate bastardization of words is a whole nuther topic.
Yes and not a new tactic
It has however in our lifetime become ludicrously obvious and an enormous problem.

To go to my gender example...this idiots level fictional drivel is in every sort of code and legislated law from local to international...based on a gaslight lie about the mal-definition of a word...down right pathetic part is other countries where they speak a less gender neutral language than English are just as brainwashed.

Not that I am in any way irritated by how easily swayed westerns as a whole are by what should be transparent romper room tier manipulation...nope, not a bit

Yes and not a new tactic
It has however in our lifetime become ludicrously obvious and an enormous problem.

To go to my gender example...this idiots level fictional drivel is in every sort of code and legislated law from local to international...based on a gaslight lie about the mal-definition of a word...down right pathetic part is other countries where they speak a less gender neutral language than English are just as brainwashed.

Not that I am in any way irritated by how easily swayed westerns as a whole are by what should be transparent romper room tier manipulation...nope, not a bit
Like I said, a whole nuther topic.

Back