• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is Hell?

Agree or Disagree, Post Why.

• Total voters

AbrahamSolomon

Real Person
Male
I personally believe Heaven is with G-d and Hell is outside the Golf outside of Heaven and yet all with G-d.
But far on the outer areas.

Heaven.png

I personally believe Heaven is with G-d and Hell is outside the Golf outside of Heaven and yet all with G-d.
But far on the outer areas.

Heaven is indeed found on the fairway and Hell is found in the Rough. But thanks to a merciful God who sent His Son to take a drop for us we can all find ourselves right back on the fairway where we belong.

There is no Hell because that implies that Jesus has failed in His mission of saving humankind.

Hell also implies that Lord can't do what He desires: save everyone.

It also implies that our will is more important than His will and that He doesn't any tools to make us willing choose what He wants.

Don't ask me about afterlife. All I know is there are firstborn and Lord will save all.

There is no Hell because that implies that Jesus has failed in His mission of saving humankind.

It also implies that our will is more important than His will and that He doesn't any tools to make us willing choose what He wants.

Don't ask me about afterlife. All I know is there are firstborn and Lord will save all.
I've often thought the same but wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

It's not correct. There are people who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, who are destined for eternity with God - and people who are not written in that Book, who are destined for destruction and who will not be saved (Revelation 20:12-15).

So there is a place where people go who are saved (commonly labelled "heaven"), and a place where people go who are not saved (commonly labelled "hell").

Now, I don't hold to the standard view on either of those places. Although I started with the standard view, my own studies have led me to the view that:
  • The saved will be placed on a restored earth, recreated as the Garden of Eden as a perfect place for us.
  • The unsaved will be held for a period in what we call "hell" (sheol), but not forever. They will be destroyed along with death itself in the lake of fire, so they will not exist alongside the restored earth (in other words, I'm an annihilationist). As a result, from this point on, all the people who still exist will be saved.
Other views on both of these places are possible - such as the traditional view of each to start with - and we could certainly discuss that, I could obviously be wrong on the details. But to deny that one of the two exists, and hold that all people will be saved regardless of whether they choose to follow Christ or not, and regardless of their conduct in this life, is to deny too much of scripture.

If we must choose to follow Christ to be saved, there will be unsaved people, which implies there will be a place those unsaved people will be sent, and that place is (arguably incorrectly) commonly referred to as "hell". So "hell" exists. The right question is "what is hell" (where is it, does it exist forever or temporarily, is it a place of torment or not, should we even call it "hell" or is that the wrong word etc), not "is there a hell".

Your image is quite amusing, given your misspelling of gulf. I now have a mental image of heaven being surrounded by a golf course, but if you hit the ball too far it lands in hell and there's no getting it back... :)
It was late. I will work on a reply.

Last edited:
Just laugh at yourself. It was funny. It's a good question, and you've started us discussing it in good humour. Excellent.

I think it is good we ask and dig into our understanding better. I Pray with all of my heart and soul we all make it to be with G-d.

It's not correct. There are people who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, who are destined for eternity with God - and people who are not written in that Book, who are destined for destruction and who will not be saved (Revelation 20:12-15).

So there is a place where people go who are saved (commonly labelled "heaven"), and a place where people go who are not saved (commonly labelled "hell").

Now, I don't hold to the standard view on either of those places. Although I started with the standard view, my own studies have led me to the view that:
  • The saved will be placed on a restored earth, recreated as the Garden of Eden as a perfect place for us.
  • The unsaved will be held for a period in what we call "hell" (sheol), but not forever. They will be destroyed along with death itself in the lake of fire, so they will not exist alongside the restored earth (in other words, I'm an annihilationist). As a result, from this point on, all the people who still exist will be saved.
Other views on both of these places are possible - such as the traditional view of each to start with - and we could certainly discuss that, I could obviously be wrong on the details. But to deny that one of the two exists, and hold that all people will be saved regardless of whether they choose to follow Christ or not, and regardless of their conduct in this life, is to deny too much of scripture.

If we must choose to follow Christ to be saved, there will be unsaved people, which implies there will be a place those unsaved people will be sent, and that place is (arguably incorrectly) commonly referred to as "hell". So "hell" exists. The right question is "what is hell" (where is it, does it exist forever or temporarily, is it a place of torment or not, should we even call it "hell" or is that the wrong word etc), not "is there a hell".
Again this implies Christ failure.

Most people who ever lived won't be saved. What is that in percentages? 70% or 90%. Is can only be described as disaster.

What about people who never had chance to hear aboit Jesus because they were born before Ge was born. They will be anhinilated according to you. So our Lord loves them so little that even offer of salvation isn't worth to send to them?

Mark of love is desire to be together, to share life together. Yet, by your claim, our Lord at same time adores every human while not bothering to provide most important thing which everyone us needs and he can do it: life itself (forever off course).

How can being whose is perfectly embodiment of goodness fail to provide life to every one of us?

I saw hell as more of an "eternal death."

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The Gulf
Luke 16:19-31
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

This might take a couple of days to have a complete reply.

Okay

Luke 16:20-26 (KJV) 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.

If your name is written in the Lambs Book of Life, bueno!
But be careful how you live your life, because your decisions can be an eraser.

Our creator gave us the choice to follow his will or not. Thus we have rules and laws that He means for us to follow. No one is perfect, but if repentance is there He will forgive.

Yes, He loves all people but that does not mean all will be saved. He meant for all the angels to be with him for eternity, yet Lucifer and the other angels fell with no forgiveness possible. His will involves us making the choice to love and serve Him. Jesus came to wash away the sins of all mankind, but not everyone chooses to accept that gift.

Our creator gave us the choice to follow his will or not. Thus we have rules and laws that He means for us to follow. No one is perfect, but if repentance is there He will forgive.

Yes, He loves all people but that does not mean all will be saved. He meant for all the angels to be with him for eternity, yet Lucifer and the other angels fell with no forgiveness possible. His will involves us making the choice to love and serve Him. Jesus came to wash away the sins of all mankind, but not everyone chooses to accept that gift.

But before G-d Created The Angels, Before Satan fell and before Eve got Adam to eat the fruit. G-d Knew Everything and Nothing can change that.

Back