• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Becoming one

Spirit is like motivation too....or wind. We see the effect of it, not exactly it though. Can a man and his wives have unity in motivation (building the kingdom by raising a family) can they be motivated to live by the same kingdom principles?
I agree that the term spiritual is hard to describe or define....that's why I use motivation often to replace it.

Some passages of scripture make far more sense that way....we battle against....motivational wickedness in high places. Now that sounds like capitol hill to me. Lol

I Believe that this becoming one is having kids, when a man and a woman come together they become one flesh.
That baby is made of two fleshes becoming one flesh and this can be done multiple times with more than one wife.
Also, both Husband and Wife are tied together because of that new one flesh for life.

I Believe that this becoming one is having kids, when a man and a woman come together they become one flesh.
That baby is made of two fleshes becoming one flesh and this can be done multiple times with more than one wife.
Also, both Husband and Wife are tied together because of that new one flesh for life.
That was already debunked.

Believing doesn’t make it true.

To answer that @Maddog you'd have to define "spiritual". And the word "spirit" is so closely aligned with the word "emotion" (as in "a spirit of fear ran through the crowd") that you might be splitting hairs. If you can see an emotional union, you may be looking at a spiritual union but just not like that terminology.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

We don't even have a clear idea what soul and spirit are. I suspect that the union of man and woman is deeper than we can understand, a mystery, and probably involved the soul or spirit.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him."

Once we die we are no longer husbands, wives, mothers or fathers we are just brothers and sisters.
So our souls don't become one nor does our own flesh as we are not able to be joined in that way.
You say it was debunked, but I will say many things are claimed to be debunked yet that does not make it so.

You say it was debunked, but I will say many things are claimed to be debunked yet that does not make it so.
The idea of "one flesh" being children was discussed extensively here over the past few weeks. Start here to see the idea being proposed, follow the discussion to see all the arguments against it.
I understand that you may believe this, but I personally think that anyone who believes this idea simply hasn't thought through the implications properly. On close examination this idea simply cannot be correct. But read the other thread and comment there to take that issue further, let's not have the same debate twice.

Once we die we are no longer husbands, wives, mothers or fathers we are just brothers and sisters.
So our souls don't become one nor does our own flesh as we are not able to be joined in that way.
Is there any proof that becoming one cannot be reversed?

There is no indication in scripture that any relationship other than one flesh experiences a transformation in Heaven.

As to this silliness...
My head hurts when I read things like this...
#CitationNeeded
#CitationNeeded
You can believe you are 7 feet tall, but that does not make it so. One flesh as written in scripture is simply two bodies being joined together in sexual copulation. Scripture does not say being one flesh is children. Being one flesh with a woman does not always result in a child, nor is birthing a child a requisite of one flesh. That's simply changing the definition to suit yourself and twisting scripture to fit your ideas. That's forbidden.

Those who argue like this, another example being 'God created Adam and Eve not Adam, Eve and Jill', are utilizing rhetoric. They are drawing inferences from unclear passages that could have many interpretations in an attempt to contradict the totality of scripture. It may sound good but that doesn't make it right.

Both God and Jesus depict themselves as polygamists; there is no way one can square that with the idea polygamy is sinful. To do so is to undermine the very basis of our faith (i.e. Christ the perfect sacrifice for our sins).
The person who told me this has a sisterwife and she stated that their husband will never be one with the sisterwife.

As to this silliness...

My head hurts when I read things like this...

#CitationNeeded

#CitationNeeded

You can believe you are 7 feet tall, but that does not make it so. One flesh as written in scripture is simply two bodies being joined together in sexual copulation. Scripture does not say being one flesh is children. Being one flesh with a woman does not always result in a child, nor is birthing a child a requisite of one flesh. That's simply changing the definition to suit yourself and twisting scripture to fit your ideas. That's forbidden.
Now this is an answer that makes sense to me.

Last edited:
So what about older people who marry. Those who can't have children together.?? So they can't "become one"?

Debunked but not supported is more like out voting the opposition. The "Baby is the flesh" makes much more sense to me. Not being one flesh with wifey or not having babies does not negate marriage. Did Solomon become romantically one with all his 300 plus 700 women. Thats alot of spirit marriages!

Debunked but not supported is more like out voting the opposition. The "Baby is the flesh" makes much more sense to me. Not being one flesh with wifey or not having babies does not negate marriage. Did Solomon become romantically one with all his 300 plus 700 women. Thats alot of spirit marriages!
Why would Paul say that you become one flesh with a prostitute if it requires a baby?
If you are correct, he should have said What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot might become one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh if she becomes pregnant.

Why would Paul say that you become one flesh with a prostitute if it requires a baby?
If you are correct, he should have said What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot might become one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh if she becomes pregnant.
It seems incredible to me that some would propose that you would only have sex ONE TIME with a woman. Sans BC, a baby will be conceived. Period. End of biology lesson.

It seems incredible to me that some would propose that you would only have sex ONE TIME with a woman. Sans BC, a baby will be conceived. Period. End of biology lesson.
Can you explain that in different words?
I totally cannot make heads or tails out of it.

If someone else gets it and can explain it, that’s fine too.

When a man decides to have sex with a woman, that is usually not a one-time deal. Even when he hires the "worker" (as in a prostitute) or an office fling, the potential for creating a child is always there. Everybody knows that bio fact and so Trojan, et.al. markets their safe sex tools to PRREVENT the unintended consequence(read that baby).

When a man decides to have sex with a woman, that is usually not a one-time deal. Even when he hires the "worker" (as in a prostitute) or an office fling, the potential for creating a child is always there. Everybody knows that bio fact and so Trojan, et.al. markets their safe sex tools to PRREVENT the unintended consequence(read that baby).
Evidently you have more information about it than I do, but it sure looks like you are stretching things to fit your particular bias.

Potential is only potential. Paul spoke as if it is a given.

Back