• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Patriarchy vs. Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do absolutely mean that and I mean much worse as well. However sharing those feelings will most likely land me on the ban list. So I'll bow out.

Also I have read and re-read everyone's opinions on the topic, more than once (it's been discussed before as well). Still my feelings have never changed on the subject, I don't presume they ever will.
And they don’t have to. You expressed valid opinions with no factual errors. You think 15 is too young for marriage, there’s nothing wrong with that.

I’ve stated multiple times that I think 16 is the absolute bare minimum (and all reasonable local laws must be obeyed as well) so I agree with you in principle. Although I suspect that you’d place the minimum age a little higher than that.

Last edited:
Nope, I can't pretend that the solution to being sluts in high school is having them marry older men at age 15. Both are wrong.

My "it's ok for me but not for thee" attitude is due to being a 38 year old adult.
He said pick them at 15. As in select for future marriage, which creates a commitment that is finalized on consummation. He has the correct solution. If they are left to the streets they will destroy themselves. Ultimately the father will decide when is the right time to commit them to a worthy man (age or what have you).

Men here desire purity. Statistically we simply aren't going to find it the way things are presently. Only fathers who are guarding their daughters can make the difference.

The appropriate age for betrothal and for marriage is between the man, her father, and the woman in question.

Have you ever had a conversation with a 15 year old?
I think the point being skipped over is that a man who marries a young woman (under 25) realizes that he will mold and shape her as a wife. And that's actually what we want. Her lacking maturity is a given regardless. The key is whether she is willing, submissive, and eager to please. Those ingredients will cause her to mature in time if she has a great husband.

This societal argument about women being too young because they're immature or what have you is moot in my view, we want to mold our woman. We don't want excess baggage. If a woman is still in innocence and purity, the union is capable of so much.

Last edited:
I disagree, I think there's something wrong with a 35+ year old man wanting to marry a 15 year old girl. Sure he can provide for her but that's also what her parents are for...

I agree that many people are not ready for marriage at any age, however a 15 year old, no matter their maturity will always be more vulnerable due to their age.

This conversation always has me questioning some of the people on this site. I'll be taking a step back before I get myself into trouble per usual.
Do you take issue with a 38 yr old man marrying an 18 year old woman?

I think this gets to the heart of where you take issue. Its either the age gap, or her being under 18. Or you have an under 20 is too young mindset. Somewhere in there. And no one is faulting you for your opinion, obviously others differ.

The reality is that it does not require maturity for a female to get married.
It only requires the choice to follow a leader that is different from her father.

A male absolutely must have maturity in order to lead her.

We see Hollywood movies and crime stats every day that demonstrate the predominant kind of 'male leadership' in an emasculated, Yah-hating society.
They mostly reject the idea of male leadership from the get-go. So I don’t even see them a counting when I made my statement.

Edit: some lead away from righteousness, but that doesn’t count towards leadership either, in my opinion.

no 15 year old is ready for marriage.

But she can have sex, have babies, have an abortion, have multiple abortions, get prescriptions for hormone suppressants, have her breasts cut off, she can have a lesbian affair with an older woman and that is very unlikely to be prosecuted, she can collect welfare, she can hire an attorney, she can cross state lines if she decides she wants to be lesbian or trans, etc.

So now tell me why someone who can make all of these decisions is not supposed to be able to choose life as a wife? She can be a mother if she wants to be but you draw the line at marriage? Please convince me why this makes sense to you.

I agree with LovesDogs and believe they should be off limits for older men. I realize there is some gray area there, but I just can’t get on board with this. That is all I’m willing to say on this topic.

It is important to note that most of us are of an age where we are seeking wives for our sons. If one of us says hypothetically that marriage at a young age is ok, that does not necessarily mean they are personally looking for a young wife. There is generally a big difference between what people acknowledge is technically permissible and what they are personally seeking.

I have relative who was 14 when she became the second wife to a man 30 years her senior.
He is now closing in on 60, they have three children together and the first wife has passed away.
They are very happy that they made the decision.

A good definition of "old" was once shared with me and that is when you know you have more years behind you than you have ahead of you.
That seems like a reasonable definition.

At 49, I am fairly certain that I have more years behind than ahead of me but I don't "know" it for certain. I have ar least a slim chance of making it to 98. 😁

True confession time: This thread has in fact altered my thinking.

I find myself pondering the implications, and the concept of "negative education" - and thinking, based on experience of what I've seen that WON'T work - just how much time and effort it would take for 99% of the...well, 'women' of The World I've run across to be UNTAUGHT What Just Ain't So and then be at a place worth starting over...

...and realize, without trying to put numbers on it, that starting closer to a blank slate and then nurturing may not be such an unrealistic option after all. ;)

After all, to do a simple math 'thought experiment'...what does 50 with 25 years of "negative edukashun" to undo look like? And how long does THAT take?

Seems to me the only thing forbidden to a 15yo girl is marriage. Everything else is a-okay.

It does not make sense. Not at all.
Then let's go ahead and forbid 15 year olds from whoring, from getting abortions, from taking birth control, from doing trans stuff,.and from engaging in sodomy. Let's also shut down the public schools and Hollywood. Those would all be positive developments.

I think 15 is too young to marry (in our current culture).

My great grandmother married at 14, (about 100 years ago) and had a great life. In an agrarian society, early marriage makes more sense.

Agrarian society in general makes more sense. ☺️

PS> Put just a bit differently: Whaddaya wanna bet there are more Honest Real Men that care about their marriage-age daughter and want the best for her, regardless of the age of the best husband, than there are "mature women" who are Isaiah 4:1-ready?

PS> I fully expect that to change someday. But meanwhile...

I think 15 is too young to marry (in our current culture).
I think 15 is too young for most to be able to read or do simple math, and that's BECAUSE of our current culture. (OK, lack thereof...)

And I guess I think 65 is too young to marry, for too many...in our current culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back