• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So I'm Introducing Myself...

Since you mentioned being LDS, I hope you will soon come to a true saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Oh don't worry about little old me Joseph Smith once said that, "...If we go to hell, we will turn the devils out of doors and make a heaven of it." So if I be damned for my LDS beliefs I promise you that I will make it one hell of a heaven :)

Welcome.

Guys, this is an introduction post. On a forum with the specific mission of supporting people searching for information about biblical marriage. Not a forum for evangelicals to preach their doctrines, not a forum for torah keepers to preach their doctrines, or LDS to preach their doctrines. Please keep it between the rails my dudes.

We’d ask you to understand the major purpose for the online forums: to be a place of learning and growth for those who God is calling to live patriarchally or to plural marriage. It is not for anyone to promote their specific theological distinctives.

The Bible isn't primarily a book of instructions about family or marriage.

It is The Book that tells us about the God who Is, the One and only eternal God who created all things, how mankind was made in innocence, yet fell away from God and messed up the world, and the fact that God loved mankind enough to send His only Son to set things right.

The Bible benefits us in many ways, including how to have a healthy marriage and family, but the Point of the Bible (and therefore by implication Biblicalfamilies.org) is Jesus Christ Himself.

If we want Biblical families, then we have to deal with adoption by God the Father, through faith in Jesus Christ.
Yes. But when someone turns up at your door and says "Hi, this is me, good to meet you", they don't need a good old bible bashing as their welcome. Maybe later. But first they need a cup of tea and a biscuit. :)

But first they need a cup of tea and a biscuit. :)
I'll translate that for the American....though since she's lived in England she likely doesn't need it.....so for the OTHER Americans....that is "A cup of tea and a cookie " ;)

Well, if someone read me in American and gave her a cup of tea and a scone, that wouldn't go amiss either. :)
I can do a good job of making BOTH and suggest people in the area of Central Arizona come try them yourselves! Buttermilk "scones" and pecan shortbread "biscuits" are frequently on the menu. 😀

I can do a good job of making BOTH and suggest people in the area of Central Arizona come try them yourselves! Buttermilk "scones" and pecan shortbread "biscuits" are frequently on the menu. 😀
Those sound really good. I know tea traditionally goes with such things, but coffee sounds even better.

Since she is LDS, she might prefer a glass of water, lemonade, or Sprite over a cup of tea or coffee.
I now understand the reason for all the boxes of weird herbal teas that float around the back of our cupboard and never get used. They're for if a Mormon turns up at the door. And the reason they never get drunk is because no Mormons ever turn up here. You have just solved one of the great mysteries of life for me!

I now understand the reason for all the boxes of weird herbal teas that float around the back of our cupboard and never get used. They're for if a Mormon turns up at the door. And the reason they never get drunk is because no Mormons ever turn up here. You have just solved one of the great mysteries of life for me!
I hope the herbal tea isn't expired if they do come visit.

Those sound really good. I know tea traditionally goes with such things, but coffee sounds even better.
French Roast Teeccino is excellent...so are other Teeccino flavors. Great taste. No caffeine.

Hahaha! Oh I don't mind! I had a quite a laugh! From what I could tell most people put their religious background in their intro so I put mine. Oh but as a note I like hearing from other religions because not everything you are taught growing up and not everything in your traditions is going to be correct, and I believe every one should do what they can to seek out what is true despite culture, tradition, etc.
On the subject of food. Cake with cream poured over top is nice. :) And Scones with clotted cream and jelly are divine, but they have to be the sweet British kind rather than the southern US kind.
Haha! Yes I do like herbal tea and I don't drink black tea, but that's in part due to how bad the flavor is.
Do mormons never really turn up here? I was referenced here by some FLDS or independents blog, so I thought it was not that unusual. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm just surprised.

I'll translate that for the American....though since she's lived in England she likely doesn't need it.....so for the OTHER Americans....that is "A cup of tea and a cookie " ;)
Actually. American styled cookies tended to just be labeled or referred to as cookies shocking enough, at least near London area. And biscuits were shortbread often with chocolate.

I wasn't Bible bashing her. I just don't think we can turn hell into heaven. Hell is a horrible place intended for Satan and his demons! I wanted to get her opinion on (if I say it, it will get deleted again), but, oh well! perhaps some other thread.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Oh I don't mind! I had a quite a laugh! From what I could tell most people put their religious background in their intro so I put mine. Oh but as a note I like hearing from other religions because not everything you are taught growing up and not everything in your traditions is going to be correct, and I believe every one should do what they can to seek out what is true despite culture, tradition, etc.
On the subject of food. Cake with cream poured over top is nice. :) And Scones with clotted cream and jelly are divine, but they have to be the sweet British kind rather than the southern US kind.
Haha! Yes I do like herbal tea and I don't drink black tea, but that's in part due to how bad the flavor is.
Do mormons never really turn up here? I was referenced here by some FLDS or independents blog, so I thought it was not that unusual. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm just surprised.
When @FollowingHim said thar Mormons don't visit, he meant missionaries visiting his house which is in rural New Zealand. I think some LDS related people are active on this site.

I wasn't Bible bashing her. I just don't think we can turn hell into heaven. Hell is a horrible place intended for Satan and his demons! I wanted to get her opinion, but, oh well! perhaps some other thread
I believe the quote was made in a sarcastic manner. But I don't mind chatting more on the subject any other time

Back