• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2018 Summer Retreat & Conference News

Will the Benders be there

Yes, we will be there! Not sure how many kids are coming at this point but a few will. Looking forward to seeing you again James!

If God wills...we will be there. As of right now, he hasn't provided a clear path.

Second that! I currently have more pressing concerns. Next year is looking more likely.

Thank you looking forward to seeing your family and you as well

I'm undecided as yet, but I am in MO, so I'm toying with the idea of hauling my single self out there... I seem to recall hearing a teaser that there would be discussions re a legal/financial framework (via a trust) as an alternative to state marriage. That's certainly a discussion I'm interested in hearing.

Presently considering a site in western Tennessee, but lots up in the air at this time. Further bulletins as events warrant.

Being in school full time and working full time and having 200 hours of clinicals to complete during that time is not a good time for me to be gone. Hopefully I can make it next year

B

Being in school full time and working full time and having 200 hours of clinicals to complete during that time is not a good time for me to be gone. Hopefully I can make it next year

B
I know where you are at. I will be hopefully starting back into my PhD and then It’ll be rare if I even read any posts. Keep your eye on the prize. It’ll be worth all the sacrifices to fulfill your goal. :D

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am pleased to announce that we have a place and dates nailed down. We're sticking with the first weekend in August, so the main event will be August 3-5 (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon), with Sunday night also available for those who want to extend the visit through Monday. The location will be in central Tennessee, near Nashville.

For details or to be put on the retreat mailing list, please write retreats at biblicalfamilies dot org. Stay tuned for more information also in the upcoming newsletter.

Ok we have money set aside burried in a safe with 5 vicious Rabid Chihuahuas guarding it....Ok no Chihuahuas or burried safe but I do have funds set aside so count us 5 in for sure possible another 4, but they're iffie. We can do any location, any time.
Let's talk maybe I can hitch a ride LOL

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am pleased to announce that we have a place and dates nailed down. We're sticking with the first weekend in August, so the main event will be August 3-5 (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon), with Sunday night also available for those who want to extend the visit through Monday. The location will be in central Tennessee, near Nashville.

For details or to be put on the retreat mailing list, please write retreats at biblicalfamilies dot org. Stay tuned for more information also in the upcoming newsletter.
Andrew, I thought it was in North Carolina? I sent an email tonight requesting info. I hope to go and meet everyone.

No, it was in North Carolina in 2016, but generally we try to get more 'central' (kind of east-central) for summer, so it's been in TN at least three years, and we were looking as far west as OK and MO this year but couldn't find the right spot. So Central Tennessee it is for 2018! In future years it could be MO or AR or something, but for now we're sort of settled in TN.

Ok that is good to know. So do you have and figures as far as cost yet? I need to see about putting money aside to go

Still getting that together. Are you on the retreat mailing list? If not write retreats at biblicalfamilies dot org and ask to be put on the mailing list, and you will got all info as it becomes available.

Ok that is good to know. So do you have and figures as far as cost yet? I need to see about putting money aside to go
One of the many wonderful things about BidFam retreats is that the organizers don’t build in a bunch of overhead (think paying for guest speakers, etc).
The cost is the cost for your lodging and meals, and the family that puts them together is constantly looking for the best deals.

There is camping either on the grounds or very close nearby; can't remember. Just remember there being a camping option. Newsletter coming out soon! ;)

I was teasing Ali when I told her about it and I said that “Hey, we can just commute!”.
Ummm...let’s just say that she registered a negative vote on that one. :D

Camping is a good option for us. We have nice tents that pitch easy, and are low maintenance.
I'm gonna drop a message and make sure we get info updates!

Back