• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2018 Summer Retreat & Conference News

Well, I guess the worship band is on for the August retreat....

Two weeks into my six-week recovery (one broken finger, one badly sprained, one sprained enough to bother me but not too bad), Paul's drummer had to cancel two gigs, last night and this Sunday evening. The things we do for our kids....

Watching Neil for cues.
View attachment 443

KITES! about to kick off a set.
View attachment 444

Wondering whether this was a good idea or not....
View attachment 445

All in all it went better than expected, and I don't think I did any permanent damage to my hand. Guess we'll see how Sunday goes!

More battlefield stuff. EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Well, I guess the worship band is on for the August retreat....

Two weeks into my six-week recovery (one broken finger, one badly sprained, one sprained enough to bother me but not too bad), Paul's drummer had to cancel two gigs, last night and this Sunday evening. The things we do for our kids....

Watching Neil for cues.
View attachment 443

KITES! about to kick off a set.
View attachment 444

Wondering whether this was a good idea or not....
View attachment 445

All in all it went better than expected, and I don't think I did any permanent damage to my hand. Guess we'll see how Sunday goes!

Oh Andrew......Bud Light? Really?

Love the background signage!
I like the Come As You Are sign—reminds me of the Crowder song. Might have to sing it at the retreat in August; it's <waitforit> a sign! :cool:

Cheryl and I were just discussing cranking up some kind of outreach at this place. We'll see....

Very sorry I missed a Kites gig!
Well since you mention it....

We'll be playing tomorrow night 6-9 at that same place we went from the retreat last fall: Neighbors Kitchen & Yard in Bastrop. Closer to y'all than Brenham....

Oh Andrew......Bud Light? Really?
Zec, you know me better than that! :p Give me a German brew or a Scottish ale any time, and the darker the better! If I'm going light, I'll tend to Mexican beers. I prefer to actually taste my beer.... :D:rolleyes:

(Sorry / not sorry for any BL drinkers.....)

The irony is this place has a great (for Brenham) selection of craft and imported beers. But we have a big Bud distribution facility here, too, and a friendly couple that owns it, so every bar in town has the BL sign....

I like the Come As You Are sign—reminds me of the Crowder song. Might have to sing it at the retreat in August; it's <waitforit> a sign! :cool:

Cheryl and I were just discussing cranking up some kind of outreach at this place. We'll see....
That's the one I noticed too, it's brilliant, particularly in the context of the rest.

Guess I need to work on my sanctification.... I saw that and started singing Toby Keith.. ;)

Well, COOL! :cool:

So a week out from the retreat our a.c. goes out, I'm have issues with our Tahoe hopefully all I have to do is change the fuel filter but if may need a new fuel pump, and I have a water leak at the slab. We're not going to be able to make it. If any one needs a camp ground pm me by Wednesday you can have the one we paid for if not were going to see if we can get our money back.

Aww, gonna miss you guys. :(

Back