• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2022 Where are we in course of history?

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
It seems rather obvious that we are living through some interesting times. Where do you see things going in the months and years to come?

Yes, I am asking for speculation from everyone. ☺️

Here is a little proposed scale for human drama.

1-2. Normal times. Nothing particularly interesting going on.

3-4. Spicy times. Cultural changes like the civil rights movement of 1960s, sexual revolution, divorce revolution, warfare like Vietnam, Korea, or Iraq, financial collapse of 2008.

5-6. Serious spicy and great pain, World War 1 and 2,. Great Depression, American Civil War of 1860s, American, French, or Russian revolution, Spanish flu

7. Rise and.fall of empires including the fall of Britain between 1900 and 1960, or the fall and collapse of the Soviet Communism and the Warsaw pact around 1990, Spain conquering the New World Incas and Aztecs in the 1500s, black death plague

8. Rise and fall of world empires, including the fall of Rome, the rise of the Islamic empire after the death of Mohammed, Mongol hoards

9. Things of great eschatological importance, such as the great and final Tribulation, the mark of the beast, the rapture of the Church, the rise of the antichrist

10. Ultimate. Return of Christ, Thousand year reign of Christ, White Throne Judgment, Lake of Fire, New Jerusalem, New Heavens and New Earth, every tear wiped away

With all that in mind, where are we on that type of scale?

I think we are obviously at least in that 5-6 neighborhood, and may well be heading towards the 7,8,9,10.

I think the American empire is collapsing. The dollar is falling

The greater Anglo-American order including USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and NZ, is also falling apart.

China is rising.

The whole Neoliberal Western World (aka globohomo) order, including NATO, Japan, Korea, will change dramatically.

Massive economic earthquakes are at hand.

Massive ecological issues

Massive supply chain problems with shortages of essentials like food

Who knows?

Here is my opinion. I'm pretty sure we are going into massive worldwide change, and great pain. It will be at least a 7-8 on my scale.

Whatever happens, I know for certain that Jesus Christ is Lord. He will reign forever. My greatest desire is to be entirely His.

I think there is a very good likelihood that the world is going into the Great Tribulation, leading up to the Return of the King.

I don't know if I believe in the pre-tribulational rapture, but at this point, nothing would surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised to get raptured and be with Jesus very soon. Give me the choice, and I'm gone. 🤗

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the world fall into the great Tribulation, see the rise of the beast and antichrist, and get imprisoned, starved, and martyred by them. If that comes, I pray that Christ will keep us faithful unto death.

I also wouldn't be surprised to merely see the destruction of the dollar, the disintegration of the United States, the fall of Western Civilization, massive war, starvation and suffering around the world.
If that happens, I pray that God will help us to faithfully follow Christ, love others, and build towards a better future.

If the rapture happens soon, I won't ever be polygynous ☺️

If the Tribulation happens, and Christians go through it, I might possibly be polygynous, but it is going to be a really rough time.

If its only the fall of the Western World, then we might all work towards building a better and more Biblical society, and that might include polygamy.

What do you all think?

1653503898575.png
Almost Ten. But Please understand I do not believe the rapture will happen until ten days before YHVH returns to clean house.

9 heading into 10
I will be pleasantly surprised if there is a rapture.

I believe we're around 5 or 6. I think the US falling apart is optimistic. With the federal government at the height of its power, the America we know is most likely dead already. But the republic's carcass will still be dragged around to try to remind us of old glory while our freedoms are stripped away and our children indoctrinated to the new Oceania.

Alright, that's my pessimistic view. Optimistic view is that the US deliberatly falls apart into a federation of bickering states, and its citizens are free to choose which state to live in.

I personally don't feel like the tribulation will occur anytime soon but I'd like to live prepared for it (I don't really believe in a rapture).

I believe we're around 5 or 6. I think the US falling apart is optimistic. With the federal government at the height of its power, the America we know is most likely dead already. But the republic's carcass will still be dragged around to try to remind us of old glory while our freedoms are stripped away and our children indoctrinated to the new Oceania.

Alright, that's my pessimistic view. Optimistic view is that the US deliberatly falls apart into a federation of bickering states, and its citizens are free to choose which state to live in.

I personally don't feel like the tribulation will occur anytime soon but I'd like to live prepared for it (I don't really believe in a rapture).
Your optimistic view sounds pretty decent. Perhaps the USA can break apart peacefully like the Soviet Union did. I kinda doubt it, but can hope right? 👍

I do believe we live in interesting times, and I believe even more strongly that our culture is being tested almost to its limits -- which could very well result in us having the misfortune of watching this Empire crumble . . . but I would put us at 3, as I don't believe we are even half-way toward the amount we need to learn as the human race to be prepared to exist directly in the presence of Yah.

It seems to me that tptb around the world are hellbent on creating an 8-9 scenario for their nefarious purposes... if they fail, we see a strong 6, if they succeed, we see 9... there is no rapture as western deluded selfrighteous escapist theologians teach... Noah was on the earth for the flood. Israel was in Egypt for the plagues, etc... count tri ulation as a Refiner's Fire....

Now, understand prophecy and Yah's purposes and promises to the house of Israel and the house of Judah and you'll begin to unravel the great mysteries of prophecy and see a way forward... 😉

Things of great eschatological importance, such as the great and final Tribulation, the mark of the beast, the rapture of the Church, the rise of the antichrist
What rapture?

Your optimistic view sounds pretty decent. Perhaps the USA can break apart peacefully like the Soviet Union did. I kinda doubt it, but can hope right? 👍
Did you use the term peaceful and soviet union in the same sentence?

5,6 and 9 but no rapture that's a myth...

I know a lot of you guys are 100% certain that there is no rapture. I know other folks that are 100% certain that there is.

Personally, I fall somewhere in between, and plan to be ready and faithful either way. 😉

Didn't it already happen? I vaguely remember seeing a documentary about it. I think it might have been called Left Behind . . .

Did you use the term peaceful and soviet union in the same sentence?
Generally speaking, the collapse of the Soviet Union was pretty peaceful. They let Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Belorussia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan go in peace (did I forget any?).

Chechnya a couple years later was a different matter.

Compare that to Yugoslavia/Serbia and Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, etc.

Or compare it with the situation in Rwanda with the Hutus and Tutsis.

When the USA disintegrates, I fear it may be Bosnia times Rwanda.

It would be nice if the American states (red states) could separate peacefully from the Insane/Communist states (blue ones like my Washington) peacefully like the Czech republic and Slovakia.

at first I tried to take the sequence of the 10 topics as a chronological attempt. But this won´t work as some of the situations obviously take place simultanously. My choice: 7, 8, 9

3-4. We're not remotely close to Jesus coming back. I also don't think what we're in right now is a forever thing. I think they're setting stuff up for that, but not yet. You can't push people too hard too quickly, not after what everyone has gone through from covid.

Eg, I don't know anyone that thinks that monkeypox is at all serious. Basically everyone thinks it's a big joke.

Generally speaking, the collapse of the Soviet Union was pretty peaceful. They let Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Belorussia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan go in peace (did I forget any?).

Chechnya a couple years later was a different matter.

Compare that to Yugoslavia/Serbia and Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, etc.

Or compare it with the situation in Rwanda with the Hutus and Tutsis.

When the USA disintegrates, I fear it may be Bosnia times Rwanda.

It would be nice if the American states (red states) could separate peacefully from the Insane/Communist states (blue ones like my Washington) peacefully like the Czech republic and Slovakia.
you forgot Turkmenistan

Back