• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Abortion

Revgill87123

Male
Abortion it is a hot subject of debate. I know some people say no way no how for any reason! While others say if it is a case of rape, incest, or the mothers going to die. Some say it's a womans choice. I am just interested in what every ones take is on this. (Please no fighting. I know that this can cause some intense emotions, but I am curious on peoples take.)

As for me and Becky we believe no way period! Becky with our last child was having serious problems. They sudgested abortion she changed doctors over it. We just kept praying and we had our last child! We learned faith in God out does faith in Docs! The sad part was it was a doc in the church we attended at that time.

no way

Very true I just couldn't do it. I don't believe in abortion under any circumstance.
Revgill87123 said:
Abortion it is a hot subject of debate. I know some people say no way no how for any reason! While others say if it is a case of rape, incest, or the mothers going to die. Some say it's a womans choice. I am just interested in what every ones take is on this. (Please no fighting. I know that this can cause some intense emotions, but I am curious on peoples take.)

As for me and Becky we believe no way period! Becky with our last child was having serious problems. They sudgested abortion she changed doctors over it. We just kept praying and we had our last child! We learned faith in God out does faith in Docs! The sad part was it was a doc in the church we attended at that time.

Personally, I could never have an abortion under any circumstance. Politically, I do not think the government can "legislate righteousness" as hubby always says. I think it's horrible that abortion is legal, but I think that God gives us freedom of choice as well. It's our decision to sin or not, even if it causes us harm or harm to others. So, I think there is no point to try and undo Roe V. Wade especially since abortion is not the real issue --- it's sin as a whole (sex outside of marriage, selfishness, not trusting the LORD to provide, etc.). Making abortion illegal again doesn't change people's hearts.

How true that changing the law doesn't change people's hearts. However not to be rude to this topic or others opinions here, but the last time I checked, murder was against both Gods and man's law. For the reason of murder being illegal is one reason I'd like to see Roe vs. Wade one day being over turned. Besides the fact that all of those poor defenseless babies that are being brutally killed deserving our protection! Every human being has the right to life, liberty, justice & happiness in this world! I don't think we as Christians who claim to love our neighbors as ourselves, are really doing so when we turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the countless trillions of innocent defenseless babies cries, that are being brutally killed year after year. Allot of serious issues to prayerfully consider to say the least!

For God's Children!
F.S. :)

We agree on that! It is murder yet people get away with it? If a man kills a pregnant women he gets charged with two counts. If a woman has an abortion it is seen as ok. I really think I have missed some thing here. The law contradicts it self on so many things, but this is one of the worst!
Faithful Servant said:
How true that changing the law doesn't change people's hearts. However not to be rude to this topic or others opinions here, but the last time I checked, murder was against both Gods and man's law. For the reason of murder being illegal is one reason I'd like to see Roe vs. Wade one day being over turned. Besides the fact that all of those poor defenseless babies that are being brutally killed deserving our protection! Every human being has the right to life, liberty, justice & happiness in this world! I don't think we as Christians who claim to love our neighbors as ourselves, are really doing so when we turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the countless trillions of innocent defenseless babies cries, that are being brutally killed year after year. Allot of serious issues to prayerfully consider to say the least!

For God's Children!
F.S. :)

Don't get me started, I've got a mighty big soapbox for this one ;)

That aside though, I do firmly believe that it is wrong. Societally, we've made such an issue over women who have been raped or are carrying a child out of incest or for the mother's health, but the truth of the matter is that is only something like 3% of the actual abortions performed. I think it's somewhere around 97% of all abortions that are because one or the other of the couple doesn't want the child, and so they "get rid of it".

There is no justification or reason for abortion EVER. That's not only my opinion, but also the cold hard truth.

I don't think there will be any controversy on this issue here, I mean, its a gathering of lots of family oriented Christians. For all our differences I can't see this as being one of them.

Good to see so many who are faithful to the word of God. When we were mormon(I know I know) they tried to convince since Becky was having health problems that it was ok to abort our child. A doctor in the church tried to convince us. The stake pres told us we should listen to the Doc cause he was a respected member of the church. That is what made us leave the church even though I had a hard time believing the whole spill. We were just not ok with a church that ok'd abortion. I was glad to leave the church I like to have my own ideas and I like to talk to people about God with out having to get permission from a bishop!
Tlaloc said:
I don't think there will be any controversy on this issue here, I mean, its a gathering of lots of family oriented Christians. For all our differences I can't see this as being one of them.

Revgill87123 said:
We were just not ok with a church that ok'd abortion. I was glad to leave the church I like to have my own ideas and I like to talk to people about God with out having to get permission from a bishop!

Sorry, but my ears perked up when I read this. Just had a few questions. Was it Mormonism that ok'd abortion or just the particular church that you were attending at the time? Did you always have to get permission before you talked about your faith?

All mormon churches believe in abortion if the baby is a risk to the mother, part of incest or rape and some thing else.( This is what the stake president told us)(President Boyd K. Packer "“The Church opposes abortion and counsels its members not to submit to or perform an abortion except in the rare cases where, in the opinion of competent medical counsel, the life or good health of the mother is seriously endangered or where the pregnancy was caused by rape and produces serious emotional trauma in the mother. Even then it should be done only after counseling with the local presiding priesthood authority and after receiving divine confirmation through prayer.” [15]

“Except where the wicked crime of incest or rape was involved, or where competent medical authorities certify that the life of the mother is in jeopardy, or that a severely defective fetus cannot survive birth, abortion is clearly a ‘thou shalt not.’ Even in these very exceptional cases, much sober prayer is required to make the right choice.”)

I don't know about FLDS. I got into trouble a lot for talking to people about what I believed if I wasn't their home teacher or doing splits with the missionaries. (
The Duke Of Marshall said:
Revgill87123 said:
We were just not ok with a church that ok'd abortion. I was glad to leave the church I like to have my own ideas and I like to talk to people about God with out having to get permission from a bishop!

Sorry, but my ears perked up when I read this. Just had a few questions. Was it Mormonism that ok'd abortion or just the particular church that you were attending at the time? Did you always have to get permission before you talked about your faith?

Revgill87123 said:
All mormon churches believe in abortion if the baby is a risk to the mother, part of incest or rape and some thing else.( This is what the stake president told us)(President Boyd K. Packer "“The Church opposes abortion and counsels its members not to submit to or perform an abortion except in the rare cases where, in the opinion of competent medical counsel, the life or good health of the mother is seriously endangered or where the pregnancy was caused by rape and produces serious emotional trauma in the mother. Even then it should be done only after counseling with the local presiding priesthood authority and after receiving divine confirmation through prayer.” [15]

“Except where the wicked crime of incest or rape was involved, or where competent medical authorities certify that the life of the mother is in jeopardy, or that a severely defective fetus cannot survive birth, abortion is clearly a ‘thou shalt not.’ Even in these very exceptional cases, much sober prayer is required to make the right choice.”)

I don't know about FLDS. I got into trouble a lot for talking to people about what I believed if I wasn't their home teacher or doing splits with the missionaries.

Sorry for being nosey. I just love learning about things like this. Scriptural/Christian knowledge is one of my addictions.

There is a really great book that addresses all the "pro-choice" objections VERY clearly and simply. In fact the whole book is a big group of Q & A. I highly reccomond it and most people can get it from the library. It is "pro life answers to pro choice arguments" by Randy Alcorn. See it here on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Life-Answers- ... 1576737519

Having the resources to learn more in depth about a subject is so important. The lack of many books on christian poly specifically is part of the reason it is so hard to reach other christians with that topic more effectively. Pro life has oddles of easy to find evidence!!!

I take it in the end everything was fine?

Doctors and especially ultrasound technicians are really fueling abortions lately in the name of the health of the mom or even the child (they promote abortions at the slightest chance the baby would be unhealthy all too often)

Its a crazy time.

Oh yeah he was a little early, but no problems with either of them. By the time Becky left the hospital 4 days later so did our son. We have learned to put things in Gods' hands.
Tlaloc said:
I take it in the end everything was fine?

Doctors and especially ultrasound technicians are really fueling abortions lately in the name of the health of the mom or even the child (they promote abortions at the slightest chance the baby would be unhealthy all too often)

Its a crazy time.

Thats great. We had an ultrasound tech insist our oldest son was going to have autism, we talked to our trusted family doctor and he explained the measurement they base their assumption off of and said it was highly unreliable but he had to offer further testing (which actually would have endangered his life) in the closed doors of his office he added 'but obviously you arn't going to do that'

He is fine. A pain in the butt to potty train (he's just 2 and a few months, I'm comparing him to my daughter who learned very quickly) but very bright (especially when he wants to get into something)

Tlaloc said:
Thats great. We had an ultrasound tech insist our oldest son was going to have autism, we talked to our trusted family doctor and he explained the measurement they base their assumption off of and said it was highly unreliable but he had to offer further testing (which actually would have endangered his life) in the closed doors of his office he added 'but obviously you arn't going to do that'

He is fine. A pain in the butt to potty train (he's just 2 and a few months, I'm comparing him to my daughter who learned very quickly) but very bright (especially when he wants to get into something)

Your son is totally normal...boys are a pain in the butt to potty train period :lol: ! Our 2 daughters learned very quickly and easily when they just turned 2 but our son wasn't fully potty trained until he was a few months past 3.

[@MemeFan inspired me to read this essay and respond to it.]
Abortion it is a hot subject of debate. I know some people say no way no how for any reason! While others say if it is a case of rape, incest, or the mothers going to die. Some say it's a womans choice. I am just interested in what every ones take is on this.
Let me be clear about something: I'm pro-life to the extent that I firmly believe any woman who contracts for one for any other reason than prosecuted rape or incest should be prosecuted. In a system that gives women this choice, women are not victims.

The essay is worthy of review, and he steers the debate away from some of its worst disingenuousness -- but it doesn't go nearly far enough. Renn encourages plain speaking but appears to blame men more than is appropriate when it is only a tiny subset of men who have created the laws that have taken all power away from men to save the lives of their children -- and only a minority of men who encourage their women to abort children.

I shared this on another thread. This is my favorite so far.

Back