• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

All History Before 1600's is "Questionable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your interpretation was preceded first by indoctrination and tradition. Similar to a person being born to Catholic parents. They first go through the Catholic traditions, and then the scriptures come second. That’s why they are at odds with many Christians in many of their beliefs and traditions.

This is no different with cosmology. God is very, very clear the earth is stationary and the sun moves around us. This is 100% not compatible with the heliocentric model Satan has indoctrinated the world with.
Funny you should mention the Catholic church and it's traditions in a negative context. From the History Channel:

"On April 12, 1633, chief inquisitor Father Vincenzo Maculani da Firenzuola, appointed by Pope Urban VIII, begins the inquisition of physicist and astronomer Galileo Galilei. Galileo was ordered to turn himself in to the Holy Office to begin trial for holding the belief that the Earth revolves around the sun, which was deemed heretical by the Catholic Church. Standard practice demanded that the accused be imprisoned and secluded during the trial.

This was the second time that Galileo was in the hot seat for refusing to accept Church orthodoxy that the Earth was the immovable center of the universe:"

Were they wrong then or are they wrong now, and what is your defense of them? Did Christians NOT love God nor believe His word when the Catholic church believed one way, and then all of a sudden when the Catholic church changed it's tune, now they DO love God and believe His word?
Again, you're ludicrous. Stick to your little videos that prove nothing about what you're trying to prove and leave us alone on a personal level.

Getting the cosmology right is more important than it looks on paper. It could lead to a blessing for choosing to believe in what the Lord says versus what all of the world believes.

But also it can defend you from future deceptions that may even rock your faith. I believe Satan in the future will deceive the world with fake asteroid attacks, and ufo invasions. It’s in his illumanti playcard, and there’s been a lot of predictive programming for both events in movies/shows. But this kind of stuff can really rock the entire religion world, and send it on fire. But if you have your house firmly built on the rock - and his word - then even when the storms come you’re still left standing.

this is the age of deception
Absolutely. It is the age where people have rejected true science, the process of using the senses and logic that God has given us to understand the world He made, in favour of following narrow cults.
  • The secular world is rejecting biology and believing that there is no difference between men and women.
  • The majority of the world is rejecting medical science, and believing medications have no risks and don't need to be tested, just trust the priests in white coats and take whatever they say.
  • Some Christians are rejecting astronomy and believing the earth is flat etc.
Human history has periods of high technology and science (e.g. ancient Egypt, Greece), and periods where that knowledge is largely lost and the general public sinks back into a lower quality of life without the benefit of scientific advances, and are more susceptible to superstition. This is a cycle, and we're at a transition point. Sound understanding is being rejected by all, because it is misunderstood by all in different ways, allowing myriad deceptions to rise in its place.
People have predominantly taken this new view that you all have of the world only within the last 500 years.
As I have already stated, the circumference of the earth was calculated quite accurately over 2000 years ago. Based on that, people then went and calculated the distances to the moon and sun even in ancient times (to lesser degrees of accuracy as their instrumentation wasn't as good, but they made a good start). This is ancient knowledge, not some modern conspiracy by NASA.

Of course, there are always common people who never need this knowledge (e.g. a farmer who just lives in the one village all his life) who may well have believed the earth is flat in ancient times, just as some people believe the same today, and it didn't adversely affect their life. Only ship navigators have really needed this knowledge for most of history. So I'm happy to agree that common people may not have realised this - but those who have looked into it for whatever reason have concluded the earth is round for thousands of years, not only in recent times.

Incidentally, why do Americans seem to think their own government is so powerful that an agency of it that's only existed for a few decades, can be behind a deception that has existed, according to you, for 500 years - far longer than NASA or even the USA itself has even existed? This is the extreme nutty end of patriotism, believing your own government is so great it can deceive the world. Nobody ever blames Roscosmos or the China National Space Administration for the round earth "conspiracy" because due to the same political bias they're apparently considered too dumb to pull it off (so NASA has to be in charge), and too subservient to contradict it (even though the political benefits to them if they could show NASA were lying to everyone are unfathomable). This is politics, not reason.
“Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; And thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, Until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭10‬:‭12‬-‭13‬
Scripture is written from the perspective of humans. We still use terms like "sunrise" and "sunset", and talk about the sun being "high in the sky", even though these terms are not technically correct they're just how everyone talks. Because they are correct from our perspective. From Joshua's perspective, the sun did stay still in the sky, and from his perspective sat above Gibeon. He didn't need to use more technically correct language, what he said was perfectly understandable. Joshua was not teaching cosmology, he was praying for God's help in a battle.

Finally @b_ce, what is the point of those videos? They're just pretty views of scenery. Pick the one you find most conclusive and please explain why it only works in a flat earth model, because I'm completely lost as to why you even shared them.

In particular, the video with the sunrise under the clouds seems to contradict the flat earth view. In flat earth cosmology the sun never goes down, it goes round and round in a circle above the earth - it never actually goes up and down. Therefore it would always be above the clouds. If the sun is below the clouds at sunrise, it must circle underneath the earth at nighttime. Only people who believe the earth is a sphere hold that view.

Which actually means that as Joshua said the sun was "not to go down" until the battle was done, this verse could be equally said to prove the earth is not flat, if his words are to be all taken as a completely literal explanation of cosmology.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention the Catholic church and it's traditions in a negative context. From the History Channel:

"On April 12, 1633, chief inquisitor Father Vincenzo Maculani da Firenzuola, appointed by Pope Urban VIII, begins the inquisition of physicist and astronomer Galileo Galilei. Galileo was ordered to turn himself in to the Holy Office to begin trial for holding the belief that the Earth revolves around the sun, which was deemed heretical by the Catholic Church. Standard practice demanded that the accused be imprisoned and secluded during the trial.

This was the second time that Galileo was in the hot seat for refusing to accept Church orthodoxy that the Earth was the immovable center of the universe:"

Were they wrong then or are they wrong now, and what is your defense of them? Did Christians NOT love God nor believe His word when the Catholic church believed one way, and then all of a sudden when the Catholic church changed it's tune, now they DO love God and believe His word?
Again, you're ludicrous. Stick to your little videos that prove nothing about what you're trying to prove and leave us alone on a personal level.
I’m not saying someone doesnt love God if they don’t believe in his word. I’m saying it can lead to other deceptions. A little leaven can grow. The Catholic Church is pro heliocentric now. What they were back 300 years I do not know.

Wait. Is this really the Hebrew understanding? @Mark C @JudahYAHites @The Revolting Man @StudentofHim @PeteR @steve
Even if it was the ancient Hebrew understanding, it doesn't automatically mean
1. That we don't love God or believe His word.
2. That NASA faked all the satellite images and rocket launches.
3. That the moon gives off it's own light, rather than reflects the sun's light, which is why where every mention of the sun going dark also brings a mention of the moon also going dark.
4. That every video of the sunset he posted only proved that (shocker) the sun set.

Just like the Catholic church either has it wrong now or had it wrong before, the Jews could have gotten it wrong in some respects also.

Even if it was the ancient Hebrew understanding, it doesn't automatically mean
1. That we don't love God or believe His word.
2. That NASA faked all the satellite images and rocket launches.
3. That the moon gives off it's own light, rather than reflects the sun's light, which is why where every mention of the sun going dark also brings a mention of the moon also going dark.
4. That every video of the sunset he posted only proved that (shocker) the sun set.

Just like the Catholic church either has it wrong now or had it wrong before, the Jews could have gotten it wrong in some respects also.
NASA did fake the images. These are “official” nasa images. You can see clearly the nasa images are fake, because the sizes of the continents are different each time. These pictures are over a 50+ year period.

127CF438-7D4A-45E2-A828-CC42AC7DF115.jpeg

The moon does give off its own light. If the moon had no light - God wouldn’t had wrote “lesser light.” Lesser light implies there is light left. It’s not gone. It’s just less than the light that the sun provides.

If they can’t show us how the earth looks from outer space - why trust them with images of mars or galaxies “trillions of miles” away?

Last edited:
I’m not saying someone doesnt love God if they don’t believe in his word. I’m saying it can lead to other deceptions. A little leaven can grow. The Catholic Church is pro heliocentric now. What they were back 300 years I do not know.
It was the part you edited out. Deception is right.

It was the part you edited out. Deception is right.
I edited out right after I posted it. Even before your comment. It is sad sometimes people try to make compromises with the word of God to fit what the world thinks and says. That’s exactly how YHWH and Jesus loving first followers from Noah to the apostle Paul - were openly practicing polygamy versus now - we have enforced monogamy. Do you know how that happens? By twisting and not believing the word of God when it’s in contradiction with what most of the world believes in.

We are supposed to be “called out” of the world. Therefore, scriptures come first. If Jesus says he walked on water - and the world begins to question that - I’m going stay in my rock, which is Jesus. He walked on water.

Last edited:
These are “official” nasa images.
No they are not and you put official in quotes because you know they aren't. They are from a source who is obviously trying to discredit NASA. The statement says they are from news sources around the world...NOT directly from NASA. ANYONE can take a picture, crop it, zoom in, and make that portion look bigger than original. Only the gullible would fall for stuff like that. Plus over the decades angles change, resolutions change, quality changes. That picture proves nothing.

I edited out right after I posted it. Even before your comment. It is sad sometimes people try to make compromises with the word of God to fit what the world thinks and says. That’s exactly how YHWH and Jesus loving first followers from Noah to the apostle Paul - were openly practicing polygamy versus now - we have enforced monogamy. Do you know how that happens? By twisting and not believing the word of God when it’s in contradiction with what most of the world believes in.

We are supposed to be “called out” of the world. Therefore, scriptures come first. If Jesus says he walked on water - and the world begins to question that - I’m going stay in my rock, which is Jesus. He walked on water.
So you DID say it.

All ancient civilizations knew the earth was stationary, non-rotating, and flat.
So what, they believed a lot of nonsense.
Balancing the “humors” by blood letting.
If ships strayed too far from land they would fall off the edge.

Ima just snuggle up under Yah’s feathers and catch me a nap.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

No they are not and you put official in quotes because you know they aren't. They are from a source who is obviously trying to discredit NASA. The statement says they are from news sources around the world...NOT directly from NASA. ANYONE can take a picture, crop it, zoom in, and make that portion look bigger than original. Only the gullible would fall for stuff like that. Plus over the decades angles change, resolutions change, quality changes. That picture proves nothing.
Here you go:

Completely different sizes. And people even find things written like “sex” in the clouds. Upside down.

To help illustrate to you how this is indeed Satan’s season - I can show you how he even showed the two towers collapsing due to “terrorist attacks” many years before they fell.

Satan showed the two towers falling many years before 9/11 throughout several different movies, tv shows, and even magazines:

Last edited:
So what, they believed a lot of nonsense.
Balancing the “humors” by blood letting.
If ships strayed too far from land they would fall off the edge.

Ima just snuggle up under Yah’s feathers and catch me a nap.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
You’re right - so what - but if they agree with scriptures I will use them. If they don’t - I ignore.

One is from NASA, one is from NPR, but WAIT... THERE'S MORE! You said all those images are faked. So what do these prove anyway?
Sorry about that - Fixed it. Both links are now from nasa.

Even though this is Satan’s little season - Jesus is in total control. These are the little bread crumbs for us to trust in the Lord versus trusting in liars and deceivers. The images clearly show nasa are liars and deceivers. They have bad fruit. Good fruit doesn’t come from bad fruit. They may look good and legit on the outside - but inwardly are deceivers and liars.

Both pictures are from the links I provided. The picture on the left is from 2002. The picture on the right is from 2012. Once again - both from Nasa's own website.

1686433802776.png

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 6.00.19 PM.png

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you're trying to prove, you say they are fake yet you use them to try to prove your point.
I'm ignoring the rest of this thread.
What I'm trying to prove is the scriptures are accurate. The world is indeed stationary and non rotating. Just as it is written in the Bible provided by the Holy Spirit:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads:
“All Scripture is breathed out by God.”

It’s not simply written by men like any other book. But through the Holy Spirit. Here’s another passage where the LORD says he’ll alter the course of the sun:

Isaiah 38:7-8​

7 “‘And this is the sign from the Lord to prove that he will do as he promised: 8 I will cause the sun’s shadow to move ten steps backward on the sundial of Ahaz!’” So the shadow on the sundial moved backward ten steps.”

The sun is local. It moves around the earth. The earth is much larger than the sun. The sun changes its trajectory as well - which gives us our seasons. During summer it’s much closer to the United States - which gives us warmer weather and longer days in the sun. In winter time - it moves closer to places like Chile and Australia. That’s why their summer time is in the winter. Right now it’s considered winter in Chile - they don’t get much sun. Today’s sunset is at 5:42 pm in Chile.

There's more points I could get into, but those are the main points. From those points is derived a solid biblical understanding of the world, completely contrary to what secular science says.

They say we move around the sun, the scriptures show the sun moves around the earth.

They say the universe is boundless, the scriptures say the world is limited and domed, with water above it.

They say we're flying through space, the scripture show we are secured and not moving at all.

As a Christian when you don't believe what scripture says about the world you live in, you end up filling the blanks with what you are given. The earth isn't really the apple of God's eye, it is just a speck. Has little value and can be killed off by asteroids at any second. It isn't built big enough, we can overpopulate it, and kill it with our fumes it is so weak. Aliens can come in at any time and kill us, or be charitable to us and give us knowledge. God becomes displaced, in another dimension. No longer above the earth as it is written. Where did Jesus actually ascend to? You don't know. Though it is plainly written. You'll see the enemy the same as well, as something in a different dimension, when in reality they are alongside you. They lack fleshly bodies, but they fell to us from above. They are here walking to an fro the earth. Atheism couldn't exist if everyone believed in a firmament. You'd have to believe in a god of some sort. Mind you this is the age of deception. People have predominantly taken this new view that you all have of the world only within the last 500 years. Most eternal truths were common knowledge before. This understanding is ancient, and also, biblical. I like to get back to the fundamentals, the basics of everything. I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore you. Haha!

and to be clear, flat earth is the least of these things, though I could also make points on that from scripture. You'd be more inclined to view those portions of scripture differently in light of all else I've shown you. At this point though, it is likely unnecessary due to it being the least important part.

I could go over the location of hell, and really get into how heaven, God's habitation, is above us but I just don't think I need to.

There's more points I could get into, but those are the main points. From those points is derived a solid biblical understanding of the world, completely contrary to what secular science says.

They say we move around the sun, the scriptures show the sun moves around the earth.

They say the universe is boundless, the scriptures say the world is limited and domed, with water above it.

They say we're flying through space, the scripture show we are secured and not moving at all.

As a Christian when you don't believe what scripture says about the world you live in, you end up filling the blanks with what you are given. The earth isn't really the apple of God's eye, it is just a speck. Has little value and can be killed off by asteroids at any second. It isn't built big enough, we can overpopulate it, and kill it with our fumes it is so weak. Aliens can come in at any time and kill us, or be charitable to us and give us knowledge. God becomes displaced, in another dimension. No longer above the earth as it is written. Where did Jesus actually ascend to? You don't know. Though it is plainly written. You'll see the enemy the same as well, as something in a different dimension, when in reality they are alongside you. They lack fleshly bodies, but they fell to us from above. They are here walking to an fro the earth. Atheism couldn't exist if everyone believed in a firmament. You'd have to believe in a god of some sort. Mind you this is the age of deception. People have predominantly taken this new view that you all have of the world only within the last 500 years. Most eternal truths were common knowledge before. This understanding is ancient, and also, biblical. I like to get back to the fundamentals, the basics of everything. I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore you. Haha!

and to be clear, flat earth is the least of these things, though I could also make points on that from scripture. You'd be more inclined to view those portions of scripture differently in light of all else I've shown you. At this point though, it is likely unnecessary due to it being the least important part.

I could go over the location of hell, and really get into how heaven, God's habitation, is above us but I just don't think I need to.
All of these new deceptions did indeed start during the “Renaissance” and “Enlightenment” periods. Which started roughly 500 years ago. But the period where the world was more Christian from 500 to 1400 AD they call it “dark ages.” Learning all of this stuff is one reason why I firmly believe we are living in Satan’s little season, and the 1000 year reign was hidden from us in the dark ages. Ofc - scriptures come first - and scriptures support this 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back