• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ARE WE NOT MULES . . . WE ARE DEVO

I once attended a conservative Baptist Church where it was almost mandatory that you walk around with a pocket full of tracts in your front shirt pocket and hand them out at restaurants and gas stations.
"Living Waters" (connected with Ray Comfort) has better tracts than Chick. I've never been a big fan of tracts, but God has sometimes used them to bring people to salvation.

Should women vote? Who wants to answer that?

No. Emphatically no.

Why do I say this? Well, look what has happened to the Western world since women's suffrage. Women vote with their feelings and the outcome of our vote doesn't matter to most of us. All that matters is the good intentions. :rolleyes:

Men are not always better at selecting elected leaders but on average they do better than women.

No. Emphatically no.

Why do I say this? Well, look what has happened to the Western world since women's suffrage. Women vote with their feelings and the outcome of our vote doesn't matter to most of us. All that matters is the good intentions. :rolleyes:

Men are not always better at selecting elected leaders but on average they do better than women.
So few that understand this.
They were given the nurturing anointing, it is a handicap for voting.

Wouldn't the fact that the man is in charge of his entire family mean he should cast a vote for his family unit?

OK and if women shouldn't vote, wouldn't that take away a good vote for a good candidate, since the rest of women are voting.

Wouldn't it be better for the husband to vote and instruct his wife who to vote for, doubling (or tripling...) the votes.

Wouldn't the fact that the man is in charge of his entire family mean he should cast a vote for his family unit?

OK and if women shouldn't vote, wouldn't that take away a good vote for a good candidate, since the rest of women are voting.

Wouldn't it be better for the husband to vote and instruct his wife who to vote for, doubling (or tripling...) the votes.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're registered to vote as a Democrat?

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're registered to vote as a Democrat?
Heck no. I am a conservative. I've never voted democrat in any of my 51 years.

I was just throwing out questions. (Without giving my personal views because I wanted others to comment).

I already have my opinions on the matter.

I just threw out some random questions I want people to answer. Those questions in no way give away my personal beliefs. They are at random questions.

Read my post history to see if I’m a democrat. SMH.

Yes.

If women's suffrage is revoked then no women will vote.

That's somewhat dishonest, don't you think?

That’s way too small of a representation.
With most women unattached, it’s a disaster.

But you and I both know that will never happen. Now what? All the liberal women are voting.

Nonsense. All sorts of things can happen or have you not been paying attention?

Women's suffrage itself was thought unlikely when it was brought up. Divorce was thought unlikely. Birth control. Gay marriage. Communists running the schools. Pedophiles being selected as school superintendents. Transgender nonsense.

It was supposedly impossible to do these things yet they were done. It is not impossible to undo them.

People just don't want it bad enough yet.

Yet.

Yes absolutely vote. We win when we have more votes than the other side. It is how it was set up loooong before our time. Dont test the strength of the rope on our own neck!

I very much agree.

How many such women have we seen come through this site that answer your description? They want some man to give them his all when all they had they gave to someone else.

Last year I met someone in person and told her to ditch the nose ring and get the tattoos removed if she was serious about getting a decent man. She thought this was expressive and I told her she was telling men that she was sexually promiscuous. I don't hear from her very much these days.

But at some point I hope she starts her journey to redemption and she puts aside worldly values. Until that time she has no right whatsoever to even think she should have a decent man in her life. She needs to get decent FIRST.
Great thoughts, Megan.

Personally, I don't mind tattoos (and would never want a woman to go through the expense, torture and damage risk of removal), but I'm also quite aware that most men interpret more than a little tattoo here or there to be not only reflective of promiscuity but unmanageable and unlikely to be able to pair bond as well.

Of course, it also matters what the tattoos are. Satanic ones are probably a pretty good indication of being a problem child.

The nose rings, to me -- and I know this is personal to me -- are a more significant red flag than tattoos. I always get a demonic, rejection of Higher Power vibe when I see them, on men or women.

I have been reading and re-reading the first chapters of Isaiah and am reminded quickly of Is 3 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
Topsy-turvy command structure.

"Living Waters" (connected with Ray Comfort) has better tracts than Chick. I've never been a big fan of tracts, but God has sometimes used them to bring people to salvation.
I have always loved Chick's tracts -- ever since I was a kid. They always showed up in the most unlikely of places, and they never failed to remind me that I needed to avoid taking myself too seriously.

And then, after more than a decade of never seeing a one of them, a flurry of encounters with them played a small role in my return to faith in Christ.

I would actually argue that voting hasn't meant much since the late 19th century.

I would further argue that, rather than fixing who votes, we should get rid of centralized Statism altogether.

Back