• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ARE WE NOT MULES . . . WE ARE DEVO

Where, my friends, are the flaws in my logic?

Wouldn't the fact that the man is in charge of his entire family mean he should cast a vote for his family unit?

OK and if women shouldn't vote, wouldn't that take away a good vote for a good candidate, since the rest of women are voting.

Wouldn't it be better for the husband to vote and instruct his wife who to vote for, doubling (or tripling...) the votes.
I am against women’s suffrage but while they have the good women need to use it. I instruct @windblown bow to cast her ballot so there isn’t a submission issue.

Tattoos and piercings are a sign of being owned by someone. I like the idea of a mark or piercing of my choosing on my woman. But I do like discreet.

What's wrong with a wedding ring?

I personally LOVE to give my beloved rings and jewelry and beautiful clothes. It is an outward show of me taking care of my wife.

Nothing wrong with it. It’s just not required.

It’s essential irrelevant. If you want to give/wear them, go ahead.

In context to my response to NVIII you are defending the practice of tattooing your wife with some sort of mark that defines her as yours.

And forgive if I am shaking my head trying how to figure out a discussion in which men want good Christian women who have tattoos or who want tattoos.

Because the last thing I think of as a potential good Christian woman is having some random guy put his hands on me while he tattoos me.

In context to my response to NVIII you are defending the practice of tattooing your wife with some sort of mark that defines her as yours.

And forgive if I am shaking my head trying how to figure out a discussion in which men want good Christian women who have tattoos or who want tattoos.

Because the last thing I think of as a potential good Christian woman is having some random guy put his hands on me while he tattoos me.
I was talking about wedding rings, not tattoos.

I don’t like tattoos. Neither me or my wife have any.

I will take a lateral position on woman voting.

Yes, they should have a franchise... presuming they can pass a rigorous civics exam and they have skin in the proverbial game. Say a form of national service for example. Just like men would have their franchises drastically limited if given my druthers.

If one is not qualified to have an opinion based on facts as opposed to emotions, false propaganda and manipulative heart string plucking, then they have zero business exercising political and economic power over the lives of others. If one has not contributed to the group success then they do not need to influence it politically going forward.

So, sure thing ladies. You are good to go...if you have done your service and you can demonstrate a requisite level of knowledge to make judgements on issues that effect the path of the nation and the security of your neighbors

Unapologetically no, absolutely not. Nor should they be eligible for public office. Or to transact debt without the express written permission of their husbands or fathers. #spicytake
Which essentially IS the 'common law' position. Which was the 'law of the land,' back when we still had one.

Removing sin from our lives is never easy.
True, but removing tattoos doesn't remove sin. Only our LORD and Lord can remove our sin.

What's wrong with a wedding ring?
Nothing; I only mentioned gemstone rings. Wedding bands by themselves are very appropriate. But even the purchase of wedding bands can be excessive. My hippie 2nd ex-wife required (and, being honest, I submitted to) and expectation that we purchase gold bands that were stamped with a fancy criss-cross pattern with imbedded mini-diamonds (the patterning was much more expensive than the nearly-unnoticeable diamonds). I was a simp for agreeing to that, and what I recognized eventually was that that was her negotiation response to agreeing to forego a gemstone ring. She claimed it was a measure of how proud she was to be married to me, but as I watched her showing it off it was clear that she was only to other females.

Back