• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Becoming a 2nd or 3rd wife seems less appealing after hearing how much heartache first wives endure at the very thought of polygany

Yeah. It sounds ridiculous when I read it……
I'd say we don't have a lot of control over our emotions (how we feel) but we should be responsible for how we react and treat others.
Meaning that hurt feelings, or fear, or whatever, are not good excuses for bad behavior.

But I agree, that seems absurd to a woman that might wish on many days that those blasted emotions could be deleted....or changed, or even put on hold until a better time....to suggest that is possible. :)

I'd say we don't have a lot of control over our emotions (how we feel) but we should be responsible for how we react and treat others.
Meaning that hurt feelings, or fear, or whatever, are not good excuses for bad behavior.

But I agree, that seems absurd to a woman that might wish on many days that those blasted emotions could be deleted....or changed, or even put on hold until a better time....to suggest that is possible. :)
Add vitamin D to your diet. It helps regulate the hormones and emotional swings that are associated with wacky hormones. It's made a significant difference to the wife who struggled a lot with this issue. Cheers

Yes they can, but it often takes a good husband who can guide them through that. There are loving husbands who simply have not learned how to do this. It's the whole beta male syndrome that is endemic in the church that leaves their wives in a state where he (and that includes me in years past) has no clue how to deal with.
No, they can learn to control themselves without help. There is reason temper tantrums are only allowed for children. And only temporarely.

I sense here some mindset like "women are helpless without me" Absoluty not true.

No, they can learn to control themselves without help. There is reason temper tantrums are only allowed for children. And only temporarely.

I sense here some mindset like "women are helpless without me" Absoluty not true.
I truly believe there is a ministry opportunity the church has overlooked in the area of helping women who struggle with hypothyroidism. We have a lady in our choir who confided in me that she deals with this. She seemed to think that she was the only one who had this issue.
Sadly, some are helpless regardless.
Indeed.

Love covers a multitude of transgreessions.

Add vitamin D to your diet. It helps regulate the hormones and emotional swings that are associated with wacky hormones. It's made a significant difference to the wife who struggled a lot with this issue. Cheers
The biggest time I struggled with emotions and even depression was when we lost triplet boys at about 6 months along. I never had "baby blues" when I had babies....but life just went back to normal, and children don't cut you any breaks because you're tired...or sad.

Most of the time I just count my blessings....and do fine.

I mainly meant to say that for women, who's brain hemispheres are intimately connected, staying in ONE hemisphere and responding with emotionless logic is not as easy. Men are better equipped for dealing with an upset boss....and as this ability to stay reasonable is all they know they really cannot understand in a personal way what it is like to have your emotions just POP UP, and get in the way of enjoying life.

I believe that is why Megan reacted that way.

The biggest time I struggled with emotions and even depression was when we lost triplet boys at about 6 months along. I never had "baby blues" when I had babies....but life just went back to normal, and children don't cut you any breaks because you're tired...or sad.

Most of the time I just count my blessings....and do fine.

I mainly meant to say that for women, who's brain hemispheres are intimately connected, staying in ONE hemisphere and responding with emotionless logic is not as easy. Men are better equipped for dealing with an upset boss....and as this ability to stay reasonable is all they know they really cannot understand in a personal way what it is like to have your emotions just POP UP, and get in the way of enjoying life.

I believe that is why Megan reacted that way.
I picked up on that while watching season 3 of "The Chosen".

Accurate
I will go further. Eat a super low carb diet but very high in animal fats. You LDLs are essentially what are used to make your brain and your hormones. A near full carnivore diet will help tonnes with emotional regulation, anxiety and depression. Plus way less highs and lots of constant spikes in blood sugar and insulin.
Nothing but good to be had

Sadly, some are helpless regardless.
Probably too much of a distinction, but I'd lean toward not entirely helpless but certainly entirely dependent.

Back