• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Benefits to more than one

Whoa!! My church is heavily invested in the belief that taking in widows and single moms is the right thing to do! So wild to see it come up outside of a Sunday sermon or Bible study!!
Bingo!
So many want to impugn the motivations of a man that wants more wives, but they won’t accept that it’s more about the needs of the single woman.

Of course, there are guys who are only about their own wants and needs. They are fair game, as far as I’m concerned.

Many hands make light work.

"Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

Becoming a parent can be a daunting proposition, there is much help and reassurance in undertaking it with a pair for whom it is old hat.

Rarely in life are new unproven leaders the first choice.

Many hands make light work.

"Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

Becoming a parent can be a daunting proposition, there is much help and reassurance in undertaking it with a pair for whom it is old hat.

Rarely in life are new unproven leaders the first choice.

I like every single one of those.
I came to the concept of polygyny because it made sense and the nuts and bolts aspects are generally my focus. It is very nice seeing other minds express similar points to those I try to make but from differnt points of view.

I especially like what our man @rockfox had to say about becoming a parent. Personally while really really looking forward to it, I was scared out of my mind to be a father. Now that I have seen myself in the role and walked that path a bit, I feel so much more confident in my ability to make the process less terrifying for a hypothetical future wife.
This is part of why I have thought that plural marriage is a great form of marriage in general terms. Though I will admit that a first wife will have to suffer through some of the rough edges being smoothed out those first few years.

I came to the concept of polygyny because it made sense and the nuts and bolts aspects are generally my focus. It is very nice seeing other minds express similar points to those I try to make but from differnt points of view.

I especially like what our man @rockfox had to say about becoming a parent. Personally while really really looking forward to it, I was scared out of my mind to be a father. Now that I have seen myself in the role and walked that path a bit, I feel so much more confident in my ability to make the process less terrifying for a hypothetical future wife.
This is part of why I have thought that plural marriage is a great form of marriage in general terms. Though I will admit that a first wife will have to suffer through some of the rough edges being smoothed out those first few years.
The husband and any subsequent wives will also presumably "...have to suffer through some of the rough edges being smoothed out those first few years."

Still, I believe it can be a beautiful thing

I especially like what our man @rockfox
..though I will admit that a first wife will have to suffer through some of the rough edges being smoothed out those first few years.

My dear wife of twenty-two years is still having to deal with some of my rough edges being smoothed out.:). Hopefully we will enjoy many more years of smoothing rough edges.

Who knows if my Father will choose to bless me with an additional wife? In the mean time, I'll be working on the rough edges.

My dear wife of twenty-two years is still having to deal with some of my rough edges being smoothed out.:). Hopefully we will enjoy many more years of smoothing rough edges.

Who knows if my Father will choose to bless me with an additional wife? In the mean time, I'll be working on the rough edges.

Similar situation here.
Don't know how likely that is going forward. It was a difficult enough proposition a few years ago but it seems as if things are not just getting crazy but accelerating at breakneck speed towards a collapse.
Maybe in times of upheaval more women will see the advantages (several) to plural marriage. Who can tell...

Similar situation here.
Don't know how likely that is going forward. It was a difficult enough proposition a few years ago but it seems as if things are not just getting crazy but accelerating at breakneck speed towards a collapse.
Maybe in times of upheaval more women will see the advantages (several) to plural marriage. Who can tell...

Isaiah 4:1 might not be too far off. Of course there could be a whole lot of death and destruction between now and then. We all might not be around.o_O

Isaiah 4:1 might not be too far off. Of course there could be a whole lot of death and destruction between now and then. We all might not be around.o_O

I will have to look up the passage.

With respect there being a lot of death and destruction in the middle term, I am operating as if that is a certainty.
Canning runs 3-4 times a week, setting up the whole hose generator and presuming that I have a job after all of the mandate stuff shakes out, buying a bugout location.

(What counts a pogie bait for the type of woman who enjoys gardening, canning and cooking videos by way of entertainment? Hmmm)

I will have to look up the passage.

With respect there being a lot of death and destruction in the middle term, I am operating as if that is a certainty.
Canning runs 3-4 times a week, setting up the whole hose generator and presuming that I have a job after all of the mandate stuff shakes out, buying a bugout location.

(What counts a pogie bait for the type of woman who enjoys gardening, canning and cooking videos by way of entertainment? Hmmm)

Isaiah 4:1 is kind of a well known passage in these circles since it seems to indicate that polygyny will exist in the future, after the Great Tribulation, in the Millennial Kingdom. That strongly indicates that polygyny isn't sinful. o_O

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

- Isaiah 4:1

Much of Biblical prophecy is not literal. Seven women taking hold of one man can mean seven tribes or countries joining together as one or under one Christian country which will be self sufficient.

Maybe that means the US will be a Christian nation again and seven other countries will join it.

Or maybe Israel will be the center of eight nations.

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

Much of Biblical prophecy is not literal. Seven women taking hold of one man can mean seven tribes or countries joining together as one or under one Christian country which will be self sufficient.

Maybe that means the US will be a Christian nation again and seven other countries will join it.

Much of Biblical prophecy is beyond my current ability to understand, including this passage.

Or maybe it means what it says and says what it means.... . Now that's not unique because other prophecy has been fulfilled literally.

Or the possibility of multiple fulfillments of a particular prophecy.

It can be both literal and symbolic. I take comfort in that there’s a depth and richness in scripture that I will never exhaust.

As a potential who can’t have kids and he has adult children… here’s what I am looking forward to…

Having someone to pick up my medicine when I’m sick and being able to sleep alone without depriving my husband of comfort.

Being able to send them on a weekend trip while I have the house to myself for a few days.

Being able to leave on a weekend trip with him and know that the house and dogs are cared for.

Having someone help me plan surprises for him, having him help me plan surprises for her

More people to trade off driving on road trips

He’s not a coffee drinker, so someone who understands the crucial importance of that first cup

When he’s off on adventures with his granddaughter someone to binge the chick flicks with

People to cook for because cooking for one is a sad thing

Someone else to help me spoil grandchildren and go overboard with Christmas decorations

A sister where we can tell each other “I need this right now” and we help him understand how to meet our individual and collective needs

Being able to do something that I really enjoy without feeling like I’m abandoning him or dragging him to something he doesn’t enjoy

The peace of feeling protected knowing there’s a man in the house even when he’s not in my bed

People to cook for because cooking for one is a sad thing
That is fun, but with a big family I already had that. I get the benefit of company helping me cook at times, or even doing the cooking. It's nice to get home from errands and find dinner is almost ready! Or get a yummy meal I didn't have to fix.
Being able to do something that I really enjoy without feeling like I’m abandoning him or dragging him to something he doesn’t enjoy
I have turned my sisters down for many weekend getaways over the years because I didn't want to leave my hubby with the kids, the chores, and no wife. Just this month I went to dinner and a concert with all my sisters and my mom. We stayed one night at a sisters place.
There aught to be some benefits to two!

Of course for me the biggest benefit is having that sweet gal there. I love her smile and laugh.....and she has good ideas.
We also buy the favorite chocolate...for each other.

Back