• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Benefits to more than one

Good list except this one 😉

As husband, I drive 99% of the time when we are both in the car. Like most men, I like to drive, and feel kinda empty inside if I'm not driving. ☺️
lol, my husband prefers the same. Unless we’re taking more than one car on trips, he’s the sole driver.
It’s because men feel responsible for their families. They don’t feel like they are protecting them when they are sitting in the passenger seat.

My/our hubby does a lot of driving, but some days he likes to be chauffeured. We have plenty of young people willing.

It’s because men feel responsible for their families. They don’t feel like they are protecting them when they are sitting in the passenger seat.
Yes, but women get nervous when he's 8 hours into driving, nodding, and still has a death grip on the steering wheel.

Yes, but women get nervous when he's 8 hours into driving, nodding, and still has a death grip on the steering wheel.
That was my grandpa. My hubby can and has made it home from Louisiana without stopping for more then fuel.

Seems reasonable. 😜

8 hours though, that’s just a good start.
800 miles is pretty close to being my limit.
I’m a truck driver.

I too always drive, unless I am exceptionally tired or ill. It really is just the natural thing for a man to do.
That is the balance, to rest or turn over the wheel when it is necessary is also you protecting your family.
Some men have a hard time with that.

Last edited:
I too always drive, unless I am exceptionally tired or ill. It really is just the natural thing for a man to do.
Exceptionally ill or tired

Paula @Proverbs3.5 has been my chauffeur for the last 8 weeks, because I have been broken lol. I just started driving again for little stuff. I am slowly getting my independence back lol.

It's called shotgun for a reason :)
(Caution, I’m going to take this more seriously than you meant it)

It was called shotgun on the stagecoaches because the driver had his hands full with the reins and control of the horses.
The one riding beside him had the shotgun and the responsibility to protect the passengers and the freight.
Nowadays the person riding shotgun usually only has a loaded mouth…….

(Caution, I’m going to take this more seriously than you meant it)

It was called shotgun on the stagecoaches because the driver had his hands full with the reins and control of the horses.
The one riding beside him had the shotgun and the responsibility to protect the passengers and the freight.
Nowadays the person riding shotgun usually only has a loaded mouth…….

These days, that depends where you're driving.

Last edited:
I read (most) of the thread, but my apologies if this has been stated.

My husband and I talk about how all women have varying strengths and bring them to bear in the home. We don't live together yet, but the idea of being free of the tasks I find more cumbersome and difficult, that my sisterwife finds invigorating and fun, for example, is one lovely benefit.

To have the time to pursue what I love more thoroughly and deeply because I have fewer less enjoyable tasks to hand.

Now, maybe there exists a woman who just delights in cleaning toilets... I'm not saying all of our tasks should purely delight us. 😅 But my husband having wives whom he can play to their strengths in the home. It just seems nice.

Back