• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

BF World Headquarters

Lots of great 'dream' ideas, but tptb would probably LOVE to get us all in the same place at the same time.... our mission is bigger than self or BF preservation... there's a reason Yah has shown this to people scattered all over... 😉
PeteR where are yall located, my wife and I travel to NC every now and then to visit the family beach house. We usually travel through Jacksonville FL and up through the Carolinas

Plot twist...we are all still UK, Double plot twist..rome never fell.
Or, Rome was scattered and resurrected. .. otherwise, yes. True statements.

Sorry I'm a week late to this party. It wasn't so much changes in my life (though we were closer to going to TN a few years ago, then we are right now), as waiting for 'critical mass' of folks interested in a particular area, and finding the right property, and of course funds. There's been a few times we discussed a location seriously, but feels like God hasn't given the go-ahead yet. I'm (and the board) all ears if someone has a serious property that would work for retreats in an interesting area (Hobbiton would work for me), and wants to help make it happen. I don't have to be there full time for us to work out a use-case for it. Someone else could be caretaker/whatever.

Last edited:
Too divisive as it's the wrong colour. Everyone always unites under the red, white and blue. Hence the union jack. It's even got a name that promotes unity, and more crosses than you can count. Very Christian.

Too divisive as it's the wrong colour. Everyone always unites under the red, white and blue. Hence the union jack. It's even got a name that promotes unity, and more crosses than you can count. Very Christian.
Have you never seen the Confederate battle flag?

Of course it is. I don't know what I was thinking. Now I look like an idiot.

Seriously, what is it with red, white and blue on flags? How come so many key flags have those specific three colours? France, the UK, Russia, the USA, Australia, NZ, Thailand, Chile... Everyone claims the colours are deeply symbolic, but they all attach different symbolic meanings to the same colours, so that's just propaganda for public consumption. Is it just because the dye was cheap historically, and fabric was easy to come across? In the French revolution people were making tricolours for themselves to demonstrate their political affiliation, presumably the colours were chosen because even poor people would find a way to make a tricolour ribbon before marching into the street.

Or is the reason more sinister? Are these three colours a symbol of Satan's empire, that reappear everywhere over time as a stamp of his influence - like the heraldic eagle and the stylised sun/swastika?

Too divisive as it's the wrong colour. Everyone always unites under the red, white and blue. Hence the union jack. It's even got a name that promotes unity, and more crosses than you can count. Very Chriatian.
I agree it can be controversial. But I feel like being under the Union Jack again might be controversial to Americans too, as the whole revolutionary war was fought to NO longer be under British rule. :)

Or we could just go full controversy and mix the two. Haha

th-2777668126.jpg

Last edited:
Back