• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Buying Polygamy Books and Mailing to Church

Earth_is-

Male
I’m considering buying hundreds of books that open up to the truth of polygamy, and mailing them to different churches in my area.

I’ve only read one polygamy book, and that one is:

Jr. Clyde L. Pilkington

The Great Omission: Christendom's Abandonment of the Biblical Family​

I found the book does a good job, and uses good scripture. Is this something recommended, and something allowed to do? I’ve never mailed anything to a church before - I assume to simply look up their address online, and use that address. Thoughts?

I’m considering buying hundreds of books that open up to the truth of polygamy, and mailing them to different churches in my area.

I’ve only read one polygamy book, and that one is:

Jr. Clyde L. Pilkington

The Great Omission: Christendom's Abandonment of the Biblical Family​

I found the book does a good job, and uses good scripture. Is this something recommended, and something allowed to do? I’ve never mailed anything to a church before - I assume to simply look up their address online, and use that address. Thoughts?
I like your style. 👍

You are most welcome to do this, but I fear you may be wasting your time and money. If you feel called to do it then do it though.
You might like to look at this resource. It is free to distribute to whoever you like.
I created a PDF version for easier printing and sharing.

Attachments

• Marriage from the Bible Alone.pdf
    174.1 KB · Views: 18
The churches are in error. The destruction of the family unit is a contributing factor for many issues. It causes children to abandon Jesus. It causes children to have mental, suicidal, and depression issues resulting from divorce. Through single parent raising of children - it opens the door for the child to accept the adversary's woke methodologies. You have to go to the root cause. The church needs to come out of this worldly family system. It needs to go back to the Patriarchal family unit given to us by our Heavenly Father, and Christ Jesus.

Thank you for the PDF. It's very useful for having scripture ready, and sharing with friends/family. But for the churches I think the book may have a stronger impact.

Last edited:
You can try but I feel it would be a waste of time and money. Most churches will throw it in the trash immediately. You can try to send it to people you actually know. They might be more apt to read it.

It sounds a lot like the work the Gideons do. How much is all of this going to cost you when it's said and done?

You are most welcome to do this, but I fear you may be wasting your time and money. If you feel called to do it then do it though.
You might like to look at this resource. It is free to distribute to whoever you like.
This is a good article.

You can try but I feel it would be a waste of time and money. Most churches will throw it in the trash immediately. You can try to send it to people you actually know. They might be more apt to read it.
Church leadership will promptly throw that book in the trash. Mail it to male church members if you want to have any effect.
This

Most church leaders seem unable or unwilling to accept what the Bible teaches on this subject.

On the other hand, many regular Christians can and will listen.

There is probably some value in sending it to church leaders. An occasional pastor might listen.

In addition, sending them this information also promotes accountability as it helps remove the excuse of ignorance for the coming day of the Lord.

Sadly, most church leaders seem to fear man (or woman) more than they fear God. Things like this will bear witness against them on that day.

In addition, sending them this information also promotes accountability as it helps remove the excuse of ignorance for the coming day of the Lord.
Ezekiel 33:6

But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, but I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.’

Ezekiel 33:9
9 But if you warn them to repent and they don’t repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself.

Wife’s doing. She was raised Catholic. We were both pagan when we married. About two years ago I found Christ, and she became a devout Catholic. We have a son together. He’s a year and half. I have decided I don’t want him going to any church that teaches Matthew 5:28 in correctly; which would place an extremely heavy burden on him when he gets older. He could easily commit “adultery” simply during the process of finding a Christian virgin to marry. So far - he’s going to Catholic Church with her every Sunday; but going to have a talk with her soon about that.
Sorry to see how much money got wasted through that - but, to be blunt, this shows that you have a far more important mission field than the churches around you. You have a family to work on first. Honestly, this shows your priorities have been completely incorrect. You need to get your own house in order before trying to preach to others.

But when I say "get your own house in order", I don't mean just taking a harder line against your wife. She's already defying you and taking your son to a Catholic church, now defying you on this - she has no respect for your viewpoints. Come down harshly on her and she'll just up and leave - and believe she is doing so in order to follow God. The task is more complex than that, and must be done compassionately.

You have a long road ahead of you, which will involve self-improvement, re-wooing your wife and cultivating your love for each other (I expect your personal relationship is poor), becoming the leader of your family (by becoming a man your wife will willingly choose to submit to), and many other things. Polygamy really is at the bottom of the list - I don't even see how it's relevant to your life at all at present.

Maybe this sad incident will help you get your priorities straight.

K I’m
Sorry to see how much money got wasted through that - but, to be blunt, this shows that you have a far more important mission field than the churches around you. You have a family to work on first. Honestly, this shows your priorities have been completely incorrect. You need to get your own house in order before trying to preach to others.

But when I say "get your own house in order", I don't mean just taking a harder line against your wife. She's already defying you and taking your son to a Catholic church, now defying you on this - she has no respect for your viewpoints. Come down harshly on her and she'll just up and leave - and believe she is doing so in order to follow God. The task is more complex than that, and must be done compassionately.

You have a long road ahead of you, which will involve self-improvement, re-wooing your wife and cultivating your love for each other (I expect your personal relationship is poor), becoming the leader of your family (by becoming a man your wife will willingly choose to submit to), and many other things. Polygamy really is at the bottom of the list - I don't even see how it's relevant to your life at all at present.

Maybe this sad incident will help you get your priorities straight.
I'm fulfilling my duties as a husband. You can't force change upon someone whose heart hasn't been opened by Yahweh. This situation is a by-product of the teachings of the church, therefore, I believe I should continue to try make a difference to prevent other men from coming into similar situations.

You can't force change upon someone whose heart hasn't been opened by Yahweh.
In the old days, you could. You would have had the power that is supposed to accompany your authority. You could have said, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Our present punishment for our forefathers' failure in maintaining this structure and discipline of themselves and their families is that we now still have the reaponsibility but lack the power. Or, if we try to exercise power to enforce our authority, we are severely punished by society, as others here can attest. So, to Samuel's point, you still do have the responsibility, but to yours, you are better off cutting off the wayward woman and focusing on what prevented you from carrying out your directive as a husband.

No, you are misallocating your resources. Multiple people here said that buying a hundred books to send to churches was a waste of effort as they'd likely be thrown in the trash - this is a poor use of resources. Your wife on the other hand would perceive this not only as a theological error, but a waste of money that could have been put into your family or used for other Christian purposes.

Your primary mission field is your family - and by doing this you have actually raised tensions in your family and harmed your ability to lead your wife, by making a further and completely unnecessary strain in that relationship.

Regardless of whether you are technically "fulfilling your duties" as a husband - you are being exceedingly unwise and, as far as I can see from this very limited window into your life, poorly stewarding the resources and persons God has entrusted to your care.

Do you realise that you risk losing your wife and your child if you continue down this path?

No, you are misallocating your resources. Multiple people here said that buying a hundred books to send to churches was a waste of effort as they'd likely be thrown in the trash - this is a poor use of resources. Your wife on the other hand would perceive this not only as a theological error, but a waste of money that could have been put into your family or used for other Christian purposes.

Your primary mission field is your family - and by doing this you have actually raised tensions in your family and harmed your ability to lead your wife, by making a further and completely unnecessary strain in that relationship.

Regardless of whether you are technically "fulfilling your duties" as a husband - you are being exceedingly unwise and, as far as I can see from this very limited window into your life, poorly stewarding the resources and persons God has entrusted to your care.

Do you realise that you risk losing your wife and your child if you continue down this path?
Thank you for the reply, but as in every marriage there’s more than meets the eye. There’s a strong spirit of jealousy within her; and this was sparked by her being jealous that our son (1 1/2 years old) loves me much more than he loves her. The books simply became the collateral damage to try and hurt me. I will order even more books - and will pass them around as I see fit; as I’m the head of the household, and will do what I see as right in the eyes of the LORD.

There’s zero concern she will leave me unless I bring another woman home. Due to my marriage vows I made when I was still a pagan - it’s not even right for me to add another wife without her approval. But she has it very good; and countless women would love to be in her position. All glory to Jesus - especially for our son.

I am not a prophet, but there is trouble brewing in River City.

Back