• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Buying Polygamy Books and Mailing to Church

Proverbs 8

O you simple ones, understand prudence
“I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, I have strength.
Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.

Thank you for the reply, but as in every marriage there’s more than meets the eye. There’s a strong spirit of jealousy within her; and this was sparked by her being jealous that our son (1 1/2 years old) loves me much more than he loves her. The books simply became the collateral damage to try and hurt me. I will order even more books - and will pass them around as I see fit; as I’m the head of the household, and will do what I see as right in the eyes of the LORD.

There’s zero concern she will leave me unless I bring another woman home. Due to my marriage vows I made when I was still a pagan - it’s not even right for me to add another wife without her approval. But she has it very good; and countless women would love to be in her position. All glory to Jesus - especially for our son.
You are behaving .... idiotically.

You have chosen course of action which many regard as unprofitable. Instead of thinking things throught you have decided to double down. This isn't startup where you can if few month prove your potential idea and stick it to naysayers.

And your wife doesn't need you breaking your wows to leave you. Only being married to idiot would suffice. If you continue on your path you will weaken survival ability of your wife and her child pushing her to leaving you.

You leave impression of somebody very self-centered unable to take in account other perspectives.

And your marriage is already breaking down. Child and hormones could be only things keeping it together. Do you even see that your wife isn't loving you anymore? Female in love doesn't try to hurt her darling, in fact she does opposite. And she lack obedience which anyone who has studied seduction knows that your woman isn't anymore attracted to you.

In fact, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't want more children with you. Ask her. If answer is negative, your marriage is already dead, just not yet dissolved due to inertia.

Children are purpose of sex and marriage is way we deal with consequences of sex. There is no biological reason to stay with partner not worthy of gene mixing.

In the old days, you could. You would have had the power that is supposed to accompany your authority. You could have said, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Our present punishment for our forefathers' failure in maintaining this structure and discipline of themselves and their families is that we now still have the reaponsibility but lack the power. Or, if we try to exercise power to enforce our authority, we are severely punished by society, as others here can attest. So, to Samuel's point, you still do have the responsibility, but to yours, you are better off cutting off the wayward woman and focusing on what prevented you from carrying out your directive as a husband.
Beatings don't produce change of heart, but resentment.

And beatings are path to imperialism. I have right to rule you because my moral system is soo cool.

Real king has willing followers because it produces good fruit in followers life. Force is only needed to keep bad people outside.

You are behaving .... idiotically.

You have chosen course of action which many regard as unprofitable. Instead of thinking things throught you have decided to double down. This isn't startup where you can if few month prove your potential idea and stick it to naysayers.

And your wife doesn't need you breaking your wows to leave you. Only being married to idiot would suffice. If you continue on your path you will weaken survival ability of your wife and her child pushing her to leaving you.

You leave impression of somebody very self-centered unable to take in account other perspectives.

And your marriage is already breaking down. Child and hormones could be only things keeping it together. Do you even see that your wife isn't loving you anymore? Female in love doesn't try to hurt her darling, in fact she does opposite. And she lack obedience which anyone who has studied seduction knows that your woman isn't anymore attracted to you.

In fact, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't want more children with you. Ask her. If answer is negative, your marriage is already dead, just not yet dissolved due to inertia.

Children are purpose of sex and marriage is way we deal with consequences of sex. There is no biological reason to stay with partner not worthy of gene mixing.
Yes, we want more kids together. However, the Lord has closed her womb for the time being. She loves me dearly but like I said there is a strong spirit of jealousy and control. These things wouldn’t be an issue if Christian men understand they have power and authority given to them by the Most High God. The culprit is the false teachings in the church empowering women, and weakening men.

I don’t recommend Christian men to even get marriages with the state government; as it violates the commandment Paul gave through the Holy Spirit.

“If there is trouble between between two believers why go to a court of gentiles to settle it?”

Commitment ceremonies are a better option for believers that follow Christ Jesus. The adversary has given too much power to the woman. And look around you in this world and see the fruit of it. The adversary knows what he’s doing. He’s been here on earth longer than all of us. Since the Garden.

In addition, sending them this information also promotes accountability as it helps remove the excuse of ignorance for the coming day of the Lord.
They have already condemned themselves. There is no way there is seminary without theology of marriage. Otherwise, how will pastors answer pesky marriage questions?
Sadly, most church leaders seem to fear man (or woman) more than they fear God. Things like this will bear witness against them on that day.
If covid show should have opened your eyes to something it is this. There is no way top people can force something which many more lower people don't agree with.

Pastor can't make his congregation love polygyny if most people hate idea. All polygyny related change must be bottom-up lead. Pastors will join when it starts being respectable position. They are men, they like boinking girls, therefore they like polygyny idea as all men do.

Only path forward I see is by showing polygyny is natural, already part of us, something we already do with deluded culture standing in way. Only reason men have lovers instead of wives is bloody culture.

Beatings don't produce change of heart, but resentment.

And beatings are path to imperialism. I have right to rule you because my moral system is soo cool.

Real king has willing followers because it produces good fruit in followers life. Force is only needed to keep bad people outside.
There is a place for physical discipline and chastening. The scriptures tell us this.

Force is at times necessary to keep the child from running into the street, the manic woman from throwing herself out the window, or the enraged brother from engaging in a fight he cannot win. Any use of force in any relationship must be tempered with reason and genuine care. But there is still a place for it.

There is a place for physical discipline and chastening. The scriptures tell us this.

Force is at times necessary to keep the child from running into the street, the manic woman from throwing herself out the window, or the enraged brother from engaging in a fight he cannot win. Any use of force in any relationship must be tempered with reason and genuine care. But there is still a place for it.
You have found example when force produces gratitude, if only because self harm is avoided.

Worthy exception, but still the rule.

Yes, we want more kids together. However, the Lord has closed her womb for the time being. She loves me dearly but like I said there is a strong spirit of jealousy and control. These things wouldn’t be an issue if Christian men understand they have power and authority given to them by the Most High God. The culprit is the false teachings in the church empowering women, and weakening men.
Something important is wrong, can't put my finger on what. Why so much jealousy ?? This isn't normal.

They have already condemned themselves. There is no way there is seminary without theology of marriage. Otherwise, how will pastors answer pesky marriage questions?
As I'm sure you know, there are plenty of churches where the minister knows practically nothing. I have a lot of respect for the ministry of the pastor (slightly biased, as it's practically the family profession), but it is an occupation overflowing with unlearned and cowardly men (and now women).
All polygyny related change must be bottom-up lead. Pastors will join when it starts being respectable position. They are men, they like boinking girls, therefore they like polygyny idea as all men do.
A very sound strategy, and one I'm trying to attempt at my local church, although to work it would probably require a level of guile that most men lack (or at least that I worry I lack at times).
You have found when force produces gratitude, if only because self harm is avoided.

Worthy exception, not the rule.
Is a woman not inherently harming herself, her family, and her children by rebelling against her husband? I am not saying it must be the first approach, but neither is it a wholly unacceptable one.

I was once told by my husband when I, with good intentions, intended to do something he did not approve of, that if I left he would not take me back...he forbid the course of action I was considering. Of course he had the right...and I knew it. I stayed.
He almost regretted making that statement because he would have kept his word....yet I would honestly expect nothing different today over 21 years later. If I defied him and broke trust, he would have as much if not more reason to do the same.

I appreciate that he makes decisions....and draws hard lines when he feels he must.

Well, this thread is about to get completely derailed. @Earth_is- I asked you this question because I used to donate to the Gideons. I approve of their work as well as yours, and I would like to contribute.
The books I get for pretty cheap - around $7.50 each in bulk with free shipping. I think it’s a good cause. If it leads to the Heavenly Father opening up the hearts of one man - it’s a success.

Once I get back from vacation - I also plan on handing out small little New Testament/psalms/proverbs books to the poor that perhaps can’t afford the word of God; and don’t have access to internet. I’ve been looking for a translation that translates Matthew 5:28 correctly with just Psalms/proverbs added - but can’t find one. I’ll most likely change it myself with with a marker. I love the sermon on the mount - I think it’s always a great place to start reading the word of God. I knew nothing of the Bible when I came to Christ. Didn’t know what Old Testament was. Didn’t know what new testament was. But the Spirit lead me to start at Matthew ❤️🕊

This is a great verse on the adversary:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Principalities: Altering the printed version with a new printed version.
People: 👍👍

You: Restoring the printed version to it's original with a sharpie.
People: 👀👀

Might be a little hard for anyone to understand such a thing without an explanation.

But anyway, if you have a paypal or PO box people can send to, would you post it? Of course DM me if you prefer.

As I'm sure you know, there are plenty of churches where the minister knows practically nothing. I have a lot of respect for the ministry of the pastor (slightly biased, as it's practically the family profession), but it is an occupation overflowing with unlearned and cowardly men (and now women).
I don't details of pastors education. Only what I got from reading Gary North stuff. I would expect pastors having some kind of education, especially for larger churches. Material certainly isn't lacking.
A very sound strategy, and one I'm trying to attempt at my local church, although to work it would probably require a level of guile that most men lack (or at least that I worry I lack at times).
Go for it. Can't help you with details. Keep us informed.
Is a woman not inherently harming herself, her family, and her children by rebelling against her husband? I am not saying it must be the first approach, but neither is it a wholly unacceptable one.
Spiritually unknown for me. For rest, it truly depends of consenquences. One of David's wives had to save her ex-husband from his stupidity. So, it depends.

The books I get for pretty cheap - around $7.50 each in bulk with free shipping. I think it’s a good cause. If it leads to the Heavenly Father opening up the hearts of one man - it’s a success.
Why don't you pay for ads when somebody searches biblical polygamy, if you are so into money spending? When somebody clicks on ad it will open your website with all wonderfull arguments.

You will find that way far more interested people providing far better return than sending books to uninterested people.

As one famous marketer has said, if you sell hot dogs, best advantage is being in front of hungry people.

Once I get back from vacation - I also plan on handing out small little New Testament/psalms/proverbs books to the poor that perhaps can’t afford the word of God; and don’t have access to internet. I’ve been looking for a translation that translates Matthew 5:28 correctly with just Psalms/proverbs added - but can’t find one. I’ll most likely change it myself with with a marker.
Distributing New Testaments is a very good idea - but forget Matthew 5:28. If you start correcting things you consider errors with a pen before handing them out, and really decide to be consistent about that, why stop with that verse? Where would you finish?

What is the purpose of this - to teach people to come to Christ, or school them on precise marriage theology?
If it's the first, forget the idea of using your pen - it will either make them distrust the word of God the moment they find it, make them wonder "if that was wrong, what else is wrong?", or just make them resent you for defacing their bible (even though it was free). Your well-meaning edit would undermine the fundamental reason you're even giving them the Bible in the first place.
If the second, give them a different book.

Why don't you pay for ads when somebody searches biblical polygamy, if you are so into money spending? When somebody clicks on ad it will open your website with all wonderfull arguments.

You will find that way far more interested people providing far better return than sending books to uninterested people.

As one famous marketer has said, if you sell hot dogs, best advantage is being in front of hungry people.
Absolutely agree. Far better use of resources - far better stewardship of what God has entrusted to you.

Distributing New Testaments is a very good idea - but forget Matthew 5:28. If you start correcting things you consider errors with a pen before handing them out, and really decide to be consistent about that, why stop with that verse? Where would you finish?

What is the purpose of this - to teach people to come to Christ, or school them on precise marriage theology?
If it's the first, forget the idea of using your pen - it will either make them distrust the word of God the moment they find it, make them wonder "if that was wrong, what else is wrong?", or just make them resent you for defacing their bible (even though it was free). Your well-meaning edit would undermine the fundamental reason you're even giving them the Bible in the first place.
If the second, give them a different book.
It was just an idea, but I agree no changes being made is better. May the Holy Spirit guide them to all truth, and lead them to submit to Lord Jesus Christ.

Some of us look back at those (I'll say it - asinine) "Bibles" that are NT/Psalms/Proverbs (as if nothing else matters) with disgust. Why not just build, not upon sand, but, well, NOTHING...not even The Beginning? And forget, "line upon line, precept upon precept."

My testimony, delivered ever since I came to conclude He was REAL, He was TRUE, and He was Who He said He was, is that I didn't "get it" until I DISCARDED the crap I heard in sun-god-day skool, and started over, reading FOR MYSELF, from The Beginning, ALL of His Word.

It's not like we're talking "Fast and Furious, Part 37" where they're all pretty much the same. If you skip all the parts He thought were so important He said right there in Matthew 5 (just before the 'verse in question') that He wasn't gonna change it, "how much more so," to just pretend it doesn't merit being read at all?

Final admission: I hear some Idiot Preacher telling folks to "start at John 1:1" to read 'the Bible,' I wipe the dust off my feet and move on.

PS> And is ANYBODY on this forum still gonna try to pretend you can "understand His Word about marriage" without reading all of it, and building "on the Rock?" And who was that Jacob guy anyway?

Last edited:
Some of us look back at those (I'll say it - asinine) "Bibles" that are NT/Psalms/Proverbs (as if nothing else matters) with disgust. Why not just build, not upon sand, but, well, NOTHING...not even The Beginning? And forget, "line upon line, precept upon precept."
I actually agree - missing Genesis in particular is a serious problem, as it drops out the foundation of even mainstream Christianity. However, it's a practical / financial issue. New Testaments can be printed cheaply small enough to fit in a pocket and distribute, knowing most will be thrown away but it's not a great loss. Full Bibles cannot be printed cheaply that small as you need fancy thin paper, pocket Bibles that look half-decent are a premium product and not something to hand out willy-nilly. Getting someone to read anything is better than them reading nothing.

Back