• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Christ Centered Poly Friendly Chruches/ PeopleWhere are you

Re: Christ Centered Poly Friendly Chruches/ PeopleWhere are

I must admit you are better than me, but I know something you don't know. :D

I am not left handed!

It's possible. We're only talking like this because we lack the strength to talk sense. But perhaps we have the strength after all...

Yeah, i'm just gonna add this to the list of reasons why I like you guys. You're only quoting probably the greatest movie ever made. :geek:

And one of the most anti-patriarchal ever also, the whole "as you wish" thing is frustratingly opposite to everything we personally stand for, but that doesn't reduce the hilarity. It's still about the best movie ever made! I get the feeling we're going to have a great wee fellowship when we get it running!

FollowingHim said:
And one of the most anti-patriarchal ever also, the whole "as you wish" thing is frustratingly opposite to everything we personally stand for...

Perhaps not.

When the movie started, he was, after all, a farm boy, i.e. a hired hand or man-servant. She did have legitimate authority over him in that regard. However, once you see that they (or rather, she) has accepted their love for each other, he is no longer portrayed in that servant role. Later, he is shown loading up his horse and going out to prepare a place for them (seek his fortune, etc.).

:D

So as they go through the fire swamp, who is leading? He is. Who is protecting them? He is. She is willing to follow him wherever they go. But, Alas!, Prince Cliche catches up to them and then, only then, does she use her royal authority (or rather perceived authority as she is still only a Princess-to-be), not over Wesley per-se, but to strike a political bargain in order to save the man she loves.

"Do you promise not to hurt him?"
"What was that?"
"Yes, what was that?"

Thank you for your time. You're a wonderful audience. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Hmmm. Never thought that deeply about it before. I stand corrected. Which makes it even better than the best movie ever made, placing it on some quantum scale of quality that sits outside the realm by which quality can usually be measured in. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, I didn't understand it either.

FollowingHim said:
...placing it on some quantum scale of quality that sits outside the realm by which quality can usually be measured in. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, I didn't understand it either.
Actually, I am worried... because it did make sense. :lol:

cwcsmc said:
Somethings wrong with you people.
And just who was the first who quoted from a movie on this thread?

"If you build it they will come" ;)

FollowingHim said:
Hmmm. Never thought that deeply about it before. I stand corrected. Which makes it even better than the best movie ever made, placing it on some quantum scale of quality that sits outside the realm by which quality can usually be measured in. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, I didn't understand it either.
Actually, in the quantum field, it's both a patriarchal and an anti-patriarchal movie.... :shock:

I like 'outside the realm by which quality can be measured', though! That movie is epic.

steve said:
cwcsmc said:
Somethings wrong with you people.
And just who was the first who quoted from a movie on this thread?

"If you build it they will come" ;)
Ouch! ;) :lol:

Fellas, there are so many more Princess Bride quotes that could be inserted here, but the following seems appropriate for all of you, especially if you have bent your mind wrapping it around quantum physics as applied to cinema.

"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything." :)

alit53 said:
"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything." :)

"We'll never survive."
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has. "

"As... you... wish.... (thud - thud - roll - thud - roll - thud - thud...)."

As for the original thread query, Central Florida.

I do not think this thread means what you guys think it means.

Re: Christ-centered, poly-friendly churches, where are you?

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today. Mawage, that bwessed awangement, that dweam wifin a dweam…

I'm not worthy.
I'm not worthy.

Judging from the depth and obscurity of the quotes, I am in the presence of superior intelligence.
I bow in your general direction.

Re: Christ-centered, poly-friendly churches, where are you?

I had help from IMDB on that one.

Intensity in ten cities!!

andrew said:
JustAGuy said:
As you probably know virtual church (w/local small groups) is gaining some momentum such as http://live.lifechurch.tv/chat and software package (not cheap or easy) at http://churchonlineplatform.com/.
I'm checking into this because I have been envisioning an online fellowship for awhile and am working on the details. Looking at churchonline was pretty exciting until I realized what the "live streaming" part was going to cost.

http://www.gotomeeting.com/

$50/month for up to 100 attendees with a 30 day free trial. That should be enough to get started.

andrew said:
Historically, BF has had a problem with well-meaning brothers who try to impose "their version of Christianity" on the larger group, and I don't think anyone wants to go there again, and that's just not what BF is about.

I apologize for not resuming our previous friendly private conversation on this subject.

I do not think it is quite as simple as you describe it. BF, like pretty much every Christian organization must and does define what it means to be a Christian. For example, Mormons consider themselves Christian, but BF has come out and stated they are not for Mormons and are opposed to Mormonism right there in the "About Us" section of this site.

The question then becomes not if a line should be drawn but where should the line be drawn? Clearly Mormonism and Islamic teaching and faith, even though they believe in Jesus Christ too, are out.

What about other clear heresies? Gnosticism? Judaizers? If the Bible opposes these teachings in the strongest of terms, should not all Christians do likewise?

If one opposes Judaizers, one is not supporting "their version of Christianity", they are supporting Christianity itself. When Paul wrote the book of Galatians in opposition to Judaizers, he was not supporting his version of Christianity. He was defining Christianity itself.

While I think that there certainly have been some who have been advocating "their version of Christianity" there have been others who believe that for all of the wonderful things that BF is and has done, if it has one weakness it is that it has not always done a good job of defining and keeping this line.

I am not saying it is easy and I am not trying to argue. Say the word and I will not bring up the issue again. I love you and everyone at BF. I just think it foolish to think that a line does not exist, or that we do not need to draw that line. The line is there, and, in my opinion, it should align with the Bible.

Likewise, any offshoot group must draw this line, too, and it will be a very important step to defining that group.

Back