• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ChristianForums

Those sorts of forums are a great place to hang out and answer questions. You might even encounter a woman whose heart God opens to the truth of polygyny and wants to be your wife! It has happened at least once. ;) :)

That was interesting. Some had it right, some had it wrong, but one thing for sure, they’re discussing it. And I didn’t sense any anger from anyone, just discussion.

Ok, so which one of you is Daybreak7? :)

I used to frequent ChristianForums over a decade ago, as a distraction from university studies. But haven't been there for a long time.

Excellent thread. No need to pile in, though we can pray for and keep an eye on it....

Haha, I made a comment on there and got banned for "rule violation" what ever that means. The thing is I didnt say anything different than what we say on here and only quoted scripture referencing how adultry was only capable if a man slept with a married woman as she belonged to another man. I quoted Exodus 20:17. Clearly I was correct in my statements "this verse is not popular in the feminist movement but we need not be afraid of speaking the Gods word and the truth". Clearly someone didn't like that on Christian Forum.....

"this verse is not popular in the feminist movement but we need not be afraid of speaking the Gods word and the truth"
I don’t know what the problem is, Exodus 20:17 clearly allows the wife control of the actions taken. :)

Click the "Contact" link at the bottom of the webpage. There is an option to appeal a ban.

Read the rules. They are very clear and don't ban discussion of polygamy at all. They ban promotion of homosexuality, but don't mention polygamy anywhere. Marriage is defined as heterosexual but not necessarily monogamous.

It could be you were banned by one emotive moderator, and an appeal will go to someone more rational who actually follows their own rules.

Click the "Contact" link at the bottom of the webpage. There is an option to appeal a ban.

Read the rules. They are very clear and don't ban discussion of polygamy at all. They ban promotion of homosexuality, but don't mention polygamy anywhere. Marriage is defined as heterosexual but not necessarily monogamous.

It could be you were banned by one emotive moderator, and an appeal will go to someone more rational who actually follows their own rules.
Nope, only allows you to open a ticket for a warning. When banned cant do anything at all, let alone open a ticket. Pretty ridiculous, other were discussing poly before we chipped in so don't think it's due to poly discussions, but I could be wrong. Maybe they found out we were associated to biblicall families lol, those "extremist", haha, just kidding guys! Don't ban me

Its possible that two brand new users both commenting within a short period of time, on the same two week old post (that previously had only lasted two days), and taking the same minority position on it, looked like a brigading attempt, or sock-puppeting.

Nope, only allows you to open a ticket for a warning. When banned cant do anything at all, let alone open a ticket. Pretty ridiculous, other were discussing poly before we chipped in so don't think it's due to poly discussions, but I could be wrong. Maybe they found out we were associated to biblicall families lol, those "extremist", haha, just kidding guys! Don't ban me
I believe you are just doing it wrong! I can fill in a ticket and I don't even have an account.

Log out. Then try again. If you can't log out for some reason, go to the site from a different browser where you're not already logged in.

It only knows you're banned if you're logged in under that account.

@FollowingHim do you have access to incoming referrers, such that the mods/admins at CF could have traced us back here, having clicked on the link above?
I'm inclined to think that @Shibboleth is right, combined with them presumably having no ability to argue with what we said; and not liking it at all.

I think I can confirm what FollowingHim said, I used a different browser and I was able to access the support request form, and one of the categories is appealing a ban. I chose not to open a ticket. I think I'm just going to let this one go.

Last edited:
Back