• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ChristianForums

Ya, though I'm not sure censoring that thread counts as being ashamed of Jesus.

One of the things I appreciate about BF and it’s leadership is the openness to discussing hard topics and freedom to say things that they may not agree with. Thanks guys

You can tell the censorship over there is pretty heavy handed, not just because of the thread in question, but because of the vapid level of discussion on a variety of shallow topics.

Aye.

Aye

aye1.jpg

Aye-aye

I has engaged. No fireworks yet, I actually save those for you guys since I feel confident most of you have your big girl panties on and can take it. I'm going to try and change some hearts and minds over there but I am not sure we will see the fruit of it. The people who are active seem pretty narrow.

@ZecAustin,

If the elder is to be husband mia wife, and this is a major qualification for Christian righteousness, what about Yeshua, and Paul himself?

What about the wine standard.. it's different for the bishop and deacon, which should apply to everyone? What then about Yeshua producing ~135 gallons of excellent wine at a wedding?

If he must be the husband of one wife, and that a man with more than one wife is disqualified, then it necessarily implies that a man could have more than one wife, else Paul might have said that he shall have no women beside his wife (singular). Now since we know that a man could legitimately have more than one wife, and to have a wife you have to marry her, then forbidding polygyny is the same as forbidding to marry, which is a doctrine of demons (1Ti 4:3,1)

Last edited:
@ZecAustin,

If the elder is to be husband mia wife, and this is a major qualification for Christian righteousness, what about Yeshua, and Paul himself?

What about the wine standard.. its different for the bishop and deacon, which should apply to everyone? What then about Yeshua producing ~135 gallons of excellent wine at a wedding?

If he must be the husband of one wife, and that a man with more than one wife is qualified, then it necessarily implies that a man could have more than one wife, else Paul might have said that he shall have no women beside his wife (singular). Now since we know that a man could legitimately have more than one wife, and to have a wife you have to marry her, then forbidding polygyny is the same as forbidding to marry, which is a doctrine of demons (1Ti 4:3,1)
I will probably use all of this post if the conversation continues. I'm not sure it will though. These guys don't seem interested in deep diving.

Back