• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Community Poll about Man Caves

Do you have or would you want a man cave?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I once told a woman, who I was dating, that she was the type of woman who needed a tower in the castle to which she could invite her husband at will. Which implied that he would remain uninvited at any other time.
She took it as a compliment, it definitely wasn’t, and years later when we visited her and her new husband she showed us her froufrou bedroom. He had his own masculine style bedroom.

Having said that, I spend most of my life in a truck, a literal aluminum and plastic cave with big windows.
Mobile man cave is the best.

Mobile man cave is the best.
It is interesting, but has its limitations.
Being several states away from your family for weeks at a time can get a bit old at times.

I thank Yah for cell phones with unlimited time available.

It is interesting, but has its limitations.
Being several states away from your family for weeks at a time can get a bit old at times.

I thank Yah for cell phones with unlimited time available.
I could not do the long times away

I was offered a position earlier on in the relationship when my second wife joined the family that I never brought up which would have been significantly more money...lifestyle changing level more money but it would have been 70-90% out of state. Just thanked them for the offer and rejected it.
If I were single it would have been another story.
All my stuff in storage and rent a room in someone's house to have a base to come back to but no home as such. Do that enough years to buy a ranch outright and find a bushel of wives and start raising an army of crumb crunchers. Can see sacrifice of your time that way but the distance would bug me a lot. Not sure how you do it

I was offered a position earlier on in the relationship when my second wife joined the family that I never brought up which would have been significantly more money...lifestyle changing level more money but it would have been 70-90% out of state. Just thanked them for the offer and rejected it.
All my stuff in storage and rent a room in someone's house to have a base to come back to but no home as such. Do that enough years to buy a ranch outright and find a bushel of wives and start raising an army of crumb crunchers. Can see sacrifice of your time that way but the distance would bug me a lot. Not sure how you do it
It’s generally not a good option for a young family.

Same. Was offered a management level role in the new construction project over the Samsung super conductor facility. 300K a year is tempting but I wouldn’t ever see my kids, so I said no thanks.

And I find it quite funny that many of the men on here love to boast about women thriving in their traditional roles until it comes to letting them do something that comes naturally to them, you know, like decorating the home...the one that they spend the majority of the time taking care of.
It doesn't come naturally to me. I'm not an arty person, I don't 'decorate', I wouldn't know how. And that's perfectly fine. Our house is a mix of what is practical and functional for all of us, children included. If I wanted to go crazy and decorate, Samuel would have no issue with it. It is still Samuel's home, if he decorates it, or I do, or no one does, or it's covered in children's artwork.

Re-reading that figure still hurts… oof…

Dadgum that was a tough paycheck to pass up.

Well, it’s not quite the Ponderosa, but it ain’t frilly.

I don't decorate or have a theme. I have my office with an espresso machine, liquor cabinet, bookcases, computer, and such. I also have a home gym in the garage with a workshop, but this is a "maintenance" area with a sauna.

Rephrasing the question, how many men here have intentionally masculine furnishings in their home?
Honestly not sure how to answer that.
I have a whiskey vending machine and a large humidor that the vending machine sits on. I imagine those count.
The rest of the place is in large part dark stained or tiger oak wooden antiques and prints as well as nicnaks we choose together.

In general I am not sure that our home is either overtly masculine or feminine. I think most of it is pretty tasteful though.
Don't think I am any help on this one.

Your answers help a ton, the more detail the better. Anything you are particularly proud of? For me I recently received some recycled cubicle rail panels which has allowed me to do some slat wall both in the garage/shop as well as a gear wall in the closet and office. Currently in the middle of organizing everything, but the office is setup as a mirror with two desks, some book shelves and peg board for the camera/computer equipment. Any particular artwork art pieces you display? Do you prefer any particular furniture manufacturers for things you don't make yourself?

If only some of ya'll were as enthusiastic about cooking, cleaning and laundry as you are decorating the home.

I am an excellent cook. 50/50 on cleaning. But for some reason I can not motivate myself to do laundry. I know it is not hard. But...I dunno.

I am an excellent cook. 50/50 on cleaning. But for some reason I can not motivate myself to do laundry. I know it is not hard. But...I dunno.
Hmmm.... I have one male and two female helpers who do everything inside and outside the house, so I don't cook, clean, or take out the trash. In my office I also have my gym (or, in my gym i also have my office??).

Hmmm.... I have one male and two female helpers who do everything inside and outside the house, so I don't cook, clean, or take out the trash. In my office I also have my gym (or, in my gym i also have my office??).

The gym is next after the gear wall in the closet. It will also be in the closet.

In my opinion, a man cave is for males who don't have the balls to stand up to their wives and say NO, we're not going to do that. For instance, my wife loves elephants and I don't mind some of her elephant stuff, but NO we are not going to have an elephant theme. I know that is a harsh saying, but it is true, women run the house. Your house is either your domain that your woman gets to share with you or it's her domain and you get a little tiny man cave. Now don't get me wrong I love my woman's touch in my house, my woman helps me complete my house and when we lived in a bigger house @Proverbs3.5 helped me pick colors for some of the rooms, but now in our 275 square foot home, it is just white with white cedar trim inside.

Back