• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Conduct Unbecoming.....

DocInKorea said:
Well, I have had some comments from some of my 'extended' friends sent to me personally asking if I thought that if we were to implement something like this, could it ever turn into a witch hunt? How could we avoid the appearance of impropriety and favoritism in a process like this? I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.....still liking the idea the more I think about it....

Definitely something we should address. The "Code of Conduct" should NEVER be about attacking anyone who holds different doctrinal views.

If I'm understanding what ya'll been talking about, the idea is to make a list of rules that everyone agrees to abide by, essentially etiquette that should be practiced not only in real life, but also (actually more so) in the polygamy groups. If someone breaks those rules, then they're reprimanded.

So long as everyone keeps the agenda of the "Code of Conduct" only about set rules being followed, then there shouldn't be a problem with "witch hunting". Even more so, if we require proof of the offense committed, that will also deter it from becoming a witch hunt.

WomanSeekingGod

WomanSeekingGod said:
So long as everyone keeps the agenda of the "Code of Conduct" only about set rules being followed, then there shouldn't be a problem with "witch hunting". Even more so, if we require proof of the offense committed, that will also deter it from becoming a witch hunt.

Exactly!

Blessings,
Fairlight

Fairlight said:
WomanSeekingGod said:

Exactly!

Blessings,
Fairlight
this sounds good, but the idea has already been proposed that doctrine be defined.

i do not hold to certain doctrine that is demanded by some on this board, and the dunkings will most likely continue until i recant.

steve, the supposed judaizing pharisee

aphesis paraptoma said:
In the matter of the doctrinal foundations I believe these should be simple, basic and universally acknowledged. I am NOT enamoured with the AC and offer a simple but effective list of four doctrines;
1. The deity of Christ.
2. The all sufficiency of His one sacrifice and salvation by grace through faith in Him alone.
3. The inspiration of God's Word, the Bible, the only arbiter of faith and practice.
4. The study of God's Word according to right division (an umbrella term for all the sound study principles).

Number 1 covers 1- 3, and 8 of the AC.
Number 2 covers 4-6 and 10 -12 of the AC.
Number 3 and 4 are not included in the AC but should be foundational statements
I dislike 9 of the AC though I understand catholic. But who needs it? Let’s not highlight the denominational divisions.

This basic set provides wide scope for variation without compromise. We cannot cover everything but these cover the essentials. The failure in continually adding to prop up our own set of doctrines is counterproductive; an unwieldy list constantly requires explanation whereas a simple list is easily recognized and effectively eliminates those outside its truths.

I concur and in respect to a doctrinal statement, this ^^^is the best idea yet. It appears very basic and very sound.

Blessings,
Fairlight

Back