• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Convoy 2022 NZ

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
This is happening today. Nobody knew how many people would be involved. This is day one, and there are already more people than we'd thought.
There are two convoys, one coming from the top of the North Island down to the bottom where Wellington is (which is where parliament is), and another coming from the bottom of the South Island and going up to Picton (which is where the ferry goes over to Wellington between the two islands).
As of about an hour ago, both convoys were at least 20km long. People watching say it's taking 25 minutes for the convoy to pass them.
There are supporters who couldn't be a part of the convoys standing on every over pass and standing at every corner. Thousands of them. All with signs.
One town with a population of 9 had at least 30 people standing with signs and waving at the convoy.
There are supporters at pits stops along the way with food, water, coffee, and encouragement aplenty.
While not many truckers could join (only 1% of trucks are owner operated in NZ), many people have joined in whatever they have, a ute, car, horse float, motorcycle, anything.
NZ flags sold out everywhere, and that should've been our first clue as to how many people were going to be involved.
This has been pulled off in one week. There is so much that has been organised, it would take too long to write it all here. But it is all impossible without God. Many of the organisers are Christians.
The thing people keep saying, when watching overpass after overpass covered in people, and more and more vehicles joining the convoy is AND THEY SAY WE'RE THE MINORITY?!
We are not the minority. We never were. We're just all coming together now. And we've had enough.

If you're interested in keeping up with what's going on, then just look up CONVOY 2022 NZ. They have a website, and they're on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram. Probably elsewhere too.

Tonight the South Island convoy will be staying in Christchurch, our closest city. Samuel is travelling with them a way and then supplying a BBQ with a load of food. He may stay the night depending on the weather (he also has our two oldest boys with him who don't fancy sleeping on the back of a truck in the rain, even if they have a tarp cover lol). I'm sure he will update you with more info upon his return.

In the meantime I will sit here and continue fighting back tears as I watch our people finally stand up, and rejoice in the fact that we are not alone.
We are not alone.

This is happening today. Nobody knew how many people would be involved. This is day one, and there are already more people than we'd thought.
There are two convoys, one coming from the top of the North Island down to the bottom where Wellington is (which is where parliament is), and another coming from the bottom of the South Island and going up to Picton (which is where the ferry goes over to Wellington between the two islands).
As of about an hour ago, both convoys were at least 20km long. People watching say it's taking 25 minutes for the convoy to pass them.
There are supporters who couldn't be a part of the convoys standing on every over pass and standing at every corner. Thousands of them. All with signs.
One town with a population of 9 had at least 30 people standing with signs and waving at the convoy.
There are supporters at pits stops along the way with food, water, coffee, and encouragement aplenty.
While not many truckers could join (only 1% of trucks are owner operated in NZ), many people have joined in whatever they have, a ute, car, horse float, motorcycle, anything.
NZ flags sold out everywhere, and that should've been our first clue as to how many people were going to be involved.
This has been pulled off in one week. There is so much that has been organised, it would take too long to write it all here. But it is all impossible without God. Many of the organisers are Christians.
The thing people keep saying, when watching overpass after overpass covered in people, and more and more vehicles joining the convoy is AND THEY SAY WE'RE THE MINORITY?!
We are not the minority. We never were. We're just all coming together now. And we've had enough.

If you're interested in keeping up with what's going on, then just look up CONVOY 2022 NZ. They have a website, and they're on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram. Probably elsewhere too.

Tonight the South Island convoy will be staying in Christchurch, our closest city. Samuel is travelling with them a way and then supplying a BBQ with a load of food. He may stay the night depending on the weather (he also has our two oldest boys with him who don't fancy sleeping on the back of a truck in the rain, even if they have a tarp cover lol). I'm sure he will update you with more info upon his return.

In the meantime I will sit here and continue fighting back tears as I watch our people finally stand up, and rejoice in the fact that we are not alone.
We are not alone.
Awesome report, thanks Sarah.

By the time the convoys reached their overnighting destination, they were both around an hour long. That's insane. I've never seen anything like this. And the amount of people lining the streets to wave, clap, yell, wave flags, support, is incredible.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Well, this is awesome!

The boys and I drove from Ashburton to Christchurch yesterday in the convoy. Would take an hour usually, took I have no idea how many hours yesterday, we were focussed on all the waving people and paying no attention to the time. The convoy was massive, at least 30km long (though that distance obviously included a few non-convoy vehicles caught up in the jam) and contained around 400 actual convoy vehicles as counted by my sister. What was most amazing was the support. Every rural town was lined with people with signs and flags, cheering. But more that that, every INTERSECTION had a small crowd of people with signs, and between the intersections there were random people watching and cheering from driveways and cars. The support through the country was incredible. The support in Christchurch was also massive, just as large as in the country - overpasses crowded with cheering people hanging flags etc - but as a proportion of the population, the support in the country areas was what really blew your mind.

I waved and tooted at many thousands of people yesterday. The people in the convoy thought the supporters were incredible, and the supporters thought the convoy was incredible. At the evening food stop, the people serving food thought the drivers were amazing, and the drivers though the food suppliers were. Everyone seemed to appreciate what the other people had done more than their own contribution.

Most truck drivers can't join as they don't own their trucks - but most truck drivers going past tooted madly in support!

There was very little negativity. The odd person would pass in a car giving you the fingers, and there was one brave lone guy with a "Warning: Conspiracy theorists ahead" sign just ahead of a massive crowd of freedom supporters, but it was very very minimal.

I can't practically set aside the time to head up to Picton to blockade the town for an indefinite period, Sarah's not currently in a position to be left holding the fort for that period of time, but I'll be watching developments and expect my assistance may be required at some point in the near future. This will not be a short battle.

These are the demands the convoy is making. Very reasonable and something much of the country can agree with.
2022-02-05 19.26.57.jpeg
On point 3: The Bill of Rights Act 1688 is the fundamental law that lays down limits on the Crown and gives citizens freedom (including the right to bear arms, this is the document that lays down the right that the USA second amendment says "shall not be infringed"). It's still on the books, the NZ Prime Minister was convicted of breaching it sometime around 1980, but is not generally upheld.

The timing of the convoy is very significant. It was arranged at very short notice to begin on 6 February, because this is Waitangi Day - the anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi. This is the agreement between many key Maori chiefs and the Crown, that they would cede sovereignty to the Queen in exchange for protection, law enforcement and freedom. It is generally considered the foundational document that began New Zealand. So Waitangi Day is the closest thing we have to the US Independence Day, and it's the only really NZ focussed holiday. The timing was critical both symbolically, and because it's a long weekend which helped practically.

The Treaty is about both English and Maori coming together in unity to become one people - and this convoy is about all people coming together in unity to save the country that their unity created.

One can hope that the people will realize that polishittans can only control and ABUSE whole nations, if the people consent to the tyranny.

The good book says we battle against "Spiritual (MOTIVATIONAL) wickedness in high (POWERFUL POLITICAL) places.'

Putting an otherwordly spin on it and making it about a "spirit world" just hides the tangible physical reality.

Those pretenders are not acting in the public interest. People, quit supporting the CRIMINALS! It makes you an accomplice. :(

Maybe, given your country's status as one of the first to go Full Reset Surrender, it has led to being among the first to end the Surrender!

Bravo!

I pray for the success of this convoy, and more importantly for repentance and the revival of Biblical faith in all of our lands. The wicked oppress the people when the people turn away from the One True God. Either we bow to Jesus Christ, or we will serve the wicked.

It is very encouraging to see the number of Christian people organising this. Many random comments of "God bless", and one of the key organisers is using the handle "Jesus Freak". And the convoy was shepherded through Christchurch by Christian motorcyclists wearing leather jackets with giant crosses on the back. God is in this movement.

I pray for the success of this convoy, and more importantly for repentance and the revival of Biblical faith in all of our lands. The wicked oppress the people when the people turn away from the One True God. Either we bow to Jesus Christ, or we will serve the wicked.
Amen! It seriously is that simple. :)

And @Bartato hits the nail on the head scoring points for his succinct analysis of the primary, painfully persistent historical plague of the human perspective that distorts and obscures the actual relationship of man to the divine sublime awe inspiring long suffering merciful creator. ;)

We are not alone.
Praise YAH!! So glad to see others following the Cannuck lead. Whoddathunk that Canada and NZ would become the freedom fighters for the world??!! :)

Praise YAH!! So glad to see others following the Cannuck lead. Whoddathunk that Canada and NZ would become the freedom fighters for the world??!! :)
I know, right?! Maybe it's because we have the worst leaders in the world lol.

I just watched the convoy go past a small town called Tuamarina, near where I grew up. The population is approx 237. There were probably about half that on the roadside, waving and holding signs.

Tomorrow the full convoys will converge on Picton and Wellington. Both are coastal places that are surrounded by hills and the sea. They both have only 3 roads to go in or out and no other options except boat (if they can get to the ports). While the protest is currently very peaceful, there are options to put the pressure on as needed, and it will not be difficult.

I was asked today what the Prime Minister thinks of all this. The answer is nothing. She refuses to acknowledge any protests of any kind in NZ. When she's asked a direct question she'll say something like she's been told the local authorities have things covered. Pretty much a non statement. She refuses to have any conversation about them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before she has to mention this one.

I was surprised,There was an article on the evening news..
it just reinforced how dishonest the media are
they said they had little idea what it was about as there was an “anti 1080 group, anti vax , anti mandate , pro trump flags, anti media “ they played the confused card and got all wound up that nobody trusts the media to report honestly.
I’ve not talked with anyone that didn’t know the basic thrust of it.
A twelve year old could cut through the noise and tell you the reason but the evening news can’t

Back