• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Convoy 2022 NZ

So I finally found out what the rumour was with the military. A military plane flew into Wellington yesterday afternoon. That could be for any reason, just normal military stuff, it's a usual occurrence and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the protest.
Also, people thought they were seeing military trucks parked two blocks away from the protest yesterday afternoon. That's not what they're seeing. They're seeing what are probably riot trucks with police in them (not with riot gear on at all, just normal cops). I'm guessing this is some sort of backup, I don't know. They're still there today. But anyway, no military are involved that we are aware of.

Everything is still peaceful. Lots of singing and dancing and pure joy flowing.

Local donut shop is giving out free donuts to anyone at the protest for the day, people are really happy about that lol!

Things are looking up here. Still very dark but there are promising glints of sunshine.

At least 10 police officers have resigned as a direct result of the action taken yesterday. And the local police commander stated on radio that it was a mistake. People were expecting further action today - cops had been called to Wellington from all over the country to do it - but nothing happened.

It appears that the police have refused to evict the protestors.

The Speaker of the House, who had been the one ordering the police to evict the protestors, has instead resorted to childish tactics. It's raining - and he's turned on the sprinklers on the lawn and ordered that they remain on either overnight or for the entire weekend (depending on which source you read). During a water restriction, so this is illegal. The entire point is to turn the place into a mudhole unsuitable for camping - he's deliberately destroying the grounds.

The protestors have been sorting that out, digging ditches and have plumbers dealing to the sprinklers. Some have been served notices by the police for damaging the grounds for it, but that's all so far.

Also, the police were ordered to lock and chain shut the gate between the grounds and the portaloos, restricting access and making life frustrating for the protestors. Also causing a health and safety hazard as it blocked an important exit and ambulance access point. The protestors cut the chains, got some of their own padlocks, and used the same chains to padlock the gates open.

The crowds are massive. Hundreds of people have turned up as a direct result of the brutality - it didn't put off anyone, it made everyone more determined and drew the crowds.

Lots of childish nonsense still going on, but the momentum has turned. The mood is swinging. The mainstream media are still lying but the police appear to be coming to the right side.

And there are currently active charges, formally filed with the police, against the Prime Minister and other MPs. If the police turn fully around they could obtain a warrant and arrest them all tomorrow. It won't happen tomorrow, it may not happen at all - but they do have legal ability to do so if they so chose. Although they're unlikely to do it, they're also unlikely to act against the protestors further in this environment other than issuing tickets for vehicle parking and little stuff like that.

Protest works.

Also, several roads around Parliament are clogged with parked vehicles - and every local towtruck company is refusing to cooperate with police and will not remove them.

The media is spinning as fast as they can to hide all of this and demonise the protestors, and many people (probably the majority of the population) still believe them as they are glued to their televisions, but the reality is shifting in a positive direction.

Good. Tyranny can't flourish unless there are people to do the dirty work of the tyrants. And if the police refuse to carry out tyranny then there's a good chance that freedom can be restored without violence.

I was reading about fall of East Germany. There was one rather large protest. Don't remember when or where. Key fact is what Stasi has prepared army with tanks to crush protest. But when they saw size of protest they lost heart.

This was first time Stasi has failed to crush protest. Next protest was even larger. Each time Stasi did nothing they made protesting seen as safe activity. Soo, protests have grown even larger.

It is psychological battle. Don't give up first.

Good. Tyranny can't flourish unless there are people to do the dirty work of the tyrants. And if the police refuse to carry out tyranny then there's a good chance that freedom can be restored without violence.
Army is also important. I also prefer for them to stay aside.

In Canada army has refused to help Ottawa city goverment with truck towing. Win for truckers. With towing companies refusal truckers will stay in Ottawa.

Further awesomeness - apparently lots of the police involved yesterday called in sick today, and lots of the additional cops that were called up to travel in from around the country today also called in sick.
Omicron visiting police? ;)

Medical tyranny blowback. When tyrant provides excuse for not cooperation (facepalm emoji).

In Canada army has refused to help Ottawa city goverment with truck towing. Win for truckers. With towing companies refusal truckers will stay in Ottawa.
I don't think Samuel mentioned it, but the police are unable to get any of the protestor's vehicles towed. All the towing companies are refusing to help. The MSM says this is because they were threatened by the protestors, but that's not true at all.

I don't think Samuel mentioned it, but the police are unable to get any of the protestor's vehicles towed. All the towing companies are refusing to help. The MSM says this is because they were threatened by the protestors, but that's not true at all.
Off course.

Here is idea for you in NZ. How about air raid sirens for maximum #HONK?

Last edited:
So we had a wee protest march in Christchurch today.
7000 people!
Marched from a public square to the central police station, had speeches and sang the national anthem to them on their front steps, and marched back to the square, chanting "Freedom" and other slogans all the way.

The square is to be occupied by a new tent encampment tonight, to start a second occupation protest in Christchurch for those who can't make it to Wellington. The momentum is growing, nothing's stopping this movement.

What's gone wrong for the government is that they've treated this like any other small protest. Most protests are done by a true fringe minority, and most of the people who are passionate about it are in the protest. Arrest them, shut down the protest, and you make a serious impact on the movement. In this case, only a tiny fraction of the supporters are in the protest, and they are supported by people from all over the country. Arrest one and ten reinforcements show up. Try to shut down one encampment and you get another popping up elsewhere (there are already two, Christchurch will be the third, I don't know if any others are planned also). The harder you push the more people wake up and turn up. It's taking them by surprise and they have no options. Put encampments all over the country and they no longer have the option of concentrating police in one place - they have to disperse again to watch them all.

There is a lot of rain happening right now in Wellington (and most of the rest of the country too). This is the front of an ex-cyclone. The full force of that weather will hit tomorrow. They're expecting very heavy rain and up to 100kph winds (60mph).
I suspect the police aren't worrying about doing anything right now because they expect the cyclone to deter people. They're wrong, this is only building. More people will be arriving tomorrow from the South Island at least.

Please pray that the weather won't be too bad, that it won't damage anything, and that everything will still function ok in Wellington. We don't want tents blowing away or anything flooding etc.

So we had a wee protest march in Christchurch today.
7000 people!
Marched from a public square to the central police station, had speeches and sang the national anthem to them on their front steps, and marched back to the square, chanting "Freedom" and other slogans all the way.

The square is to be occupied by a new tent encampment tonight, to start a second occupation protest in Christchurch for those who can't make it to Wellington. The momentum is growing, nothing's stopping this movement.

What's gone wrong for the government is that they've treated this like any other small protest. Most protests are done by a true fringe minority, and most of the people who are passionate about it are in the protest. Arrest them, shut down the protest, and you make a serious impact on the movement. In this case, only a tiny fraction of the supporters are in the protest, and they are supported by people from all over the country. Arrest one and ten reinforcements show up. Try to shut down one encampment and you get another popping up elsewhere (there are already two, Christchurch will be the third, I don't know if any others are planned also). The harder you push the more people wake up and turn up. It's taking them by surprise and they have no options. Put encampments all over the country and they no longer have the option of concentrating police in one place - they have to disperse again to watch them all.
I'm so proud of you for being involved in this, Samuel.

I'm so proud of you for being involved in this, Samuel.
I'm not doing that much really, others are bearing the brunt of this. I'm proud of my relatives up in Wellington who are at ground zero. What I've been doing the past couple of days is basically to support them from afar in a much smaller manner. I've got a very peripheral role. Haven't even risked being arrested. Yet. :cool:

So since the sprinklers didn't work, Mr Mallard Duck thought up another petty childish strategy - blast the protestors with annoying music. But he managed to do that in the worst way possible too.

While the protestors were in the middle of the national anthem, he turned on large speakers from parliament blasting out the Macarena! Drowning out the national anthem with the macarena! How un-patriotic can you get?! He couldn't have found a worse way to start. He used some other annoying music also, but settled back on the macarena.

So now the macarena has been playing on a loop, loudly, for several hours. Interrupted occasionally by loud advertisements for getting covid jabs ("two shots for summer", which is already irrelevant as summer is going and it's no longer just two shots any more anyway), and loud announcements that they're tresspassing and need to remove all tents and "structures" immediately.

Because they're now building structures. Since the ground is muddy from the sprinklers, and a cyclone is due to hit tonight, they have brought in timber and started building! Every day the place just gets more and more packed. The live feed now shows that the whole grounds are covered in side-by-side tents and gazebos, not just the lawns any more but the pathways as well.

The macarena isn't getting the protestors to leave. They're dancing to it, and drowning it out with other music when they want a change. It will make it difficult for the children to sleep tonight though.

But there is another purpose to it, which is a bit more cunning. It's a copyrighted song, so it means that it's in the background on videos people upload to Facebook and YouTube, theoretically triggering the copyright algorithm and getting the videos automatically blocked. Fortunately it's drowned out enough that it doesn't seem to have stopped the primary live footage by Chantelle Baker.

The place is now well decorated with decoy ducks and toy rubber ducks. And there's a bridge called the "mallard bridge", over one of the ditches the protestors have dug, which even has a troll underneath it. Mallard will be getting angrier and angrier. They may be hoping to get him furious enough that he lashes out in a way that gives the police justification to arrest him - he did throw a punch at another MP back in 2009, he might be able to be riled up to do the same thing again...

I think the government’s of the world have drastically underestimated the tone in the room.
By controlling the media to the extent that they have , they have blinded themselves to what the person on the street is feeling And what is really going on.
they blinded themselves, then said they can’t see. You are a minority and don’t count for much but then if you are Maori or Muslim “you are us“ is their statement of spin ….They are that stupid
this thing is way bigger than they ever thought
Mallard (an ex school teacher) has a history of high handed antics in the house. He has been blinded by his own arrogance, for such a long time now. I doubt he will see reason.
the general feeling from most I talk with is disappointment that the opposition parties are not listening either, there are a few ex member of parliament that have made some good public statements but no current sitting MP,s so far.

Update on the music: The Duck added Crazy Frog into the mix this morning. He then added him playing My Heart Will Go On on a recorder, very badly. Everyone thinks this is hilarious. The protestors are now sending song requests to parliament lol.

James Blunt has said he'd be willing to help with his music if the above isn't effective on the protestors. And just like that, he lost a load of fans.

Update on the weather: Wellington survived alright. It is very very wet, but there are loads of people dealing with that in different ways. For example, a bunch of farmers brought hay to spread around everywhere, people are offering their homes to wash and dry clothes and hot showers, one person brought down a generator and two dryers for people, and a bunch of people have donated dry clothes and gumboots. Plus so much more.
Picton had it much worse, because the wind was very bad there. They lost a load of marquees and stuff. Their camp was a giant mess this morning. So a bunch of locals opened their doors and all the kids and women and anyone else that was struggling went into people's homes for the morning. They had hot showers, drinks, and food, and were able to wash and dry their clothes. In the meantime, the men and some of the women stayed behind and sorted out the camp, fixing things and organising more supplies as needed.

What I love about the whole protest, is that is is VERY clear that the women and children are to be protected. If there are any attacks by police overnight, then only the men are to come out of their tents. If there are issues like the camp getting wrecked, then the women and children are to go somewhere warm and safe while it's dealt with. There are so many people there from all walks of life, some very feminist women, and yet they're all in agreement about this from what I can tell, no one is speaking out about it.

Back