• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Convoy 2022 NZ

Last night, the final covid restrictions were removed. These were, isolating for 7 days if you test positive for covid, and wearing a mask in all medical facilities (doctors, hospitals, pharmacies etc).
I honestly forgot these were even a thing lol. I never wear masks anywhere and if I'm sick, covid or not, I stay at home anyway.
The govt dropped the mandates a while ago, but have left it up to the local district health boards to decide if they will require anyone working for them to be vaccinated. The district health boards has chosen to keep those rules in place so far, I don't know if they will continue but I assume so.
This means there are shortages in doctors. It is very difficult for us to get an appointment at our local doctors. We need to make an appointment weeks in advance. There used to be emergency appointments set aside so you could ring up on the day if you were sick and there were a limited number of times they would give out to the worst sick. But now those aren't available. So if any of us are sick we have to drive 1 hour to the city. It's a long way to go with a sick child.

So if you'd like to see what actually happened in NZ last year, there is an excellent documentary movie entitled "River of Freedom" which has been shown in cinemas locally over the past few months highly successfully (the few small cinemas who dared to screen it did very well out of it), which was shot throughout the convoy and protest, and really puts you right there. It's almost entirely made with on-the-ground footage from the actual events, plus interviews with those who were there.

It will now stream internationally from 13 December over Journeyman.tv, Apple TV and Vimeo. I don't have direct links at this stage, but more info here:
The only criticism I would make about this film is that it is told largely from the Maori & hippie sides of the freedom movement, and thus deemphasises the Christian role in it, possibly unintentionally simply because the people producing it told it from their own perspective and simply had less contact with that side, or possibly intentionally. However, this isn't entirely a criticism, because for me it meant I actually learnt a lot about the other side of the movement, the one I was less familiar with. So it's a brilliant film. Just be aware when you see it that there were many other things going on also that are not featured.

A related video worth viewing. Note that "Vice" is very left leaning so the impact of the video and its criticism of Ardern is to me more meaningful than a right-biased report would be.

Back