• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Courtship?

It’s fine. I forgive you. Don’t beat yourself up about it. Although, he is an impressive young man. You better not meet him now. You might not forgive yourself!
I understand the sentiment. We have one son married, (and his wife thinks he is first class) and a son ready for that at 23. ....more growing up after them too!

"Passion choice" is unconsious choice from your body who will be best mate. Thousands of years of instictual memory vs reason? Gut vs logic? I'm would go for gut.

While that dynamic is part of God's design for our bodies and at work, that's not really how this happens. Passion choice marriage in the West has been a complete disaster. Arranged marriages were more successful.

Second, heads of families choosing will move choosing toward political and financial criteria. I advice everyone to never listen parents where they should work because parents prefer status and finance criteria instead if best work for children. Something similar will happen here.

This is a symptom of our present generation. It didn't always used to be this way. It used to be parents were more wise.

What was I to do? How could I make sure my daughter would honor my fatherly law and rules while being at her mother's house twice a week for visitation? I decided to scare her with reality!

Good job on being pro-active and being a father about it all. But I'd be concerned I was just scaring her off having children, or many of them.

While that dynamic is part of God's design for our bodies and at work, that's not really how this happens. Passion choice marriage in the West has been a complete disaster. Arranged marriages were more successful.
Impossible to confirm. This era is also era of central banking. Printing money makes people more short-termed. They spot considering long-term consequences. This makes people prefer flings over marriage.

Reactions: Yan

This is a symptom of our present generation. It didn't always used to be this way. It used to be parents were more wise.

Good job on being pro-active and being a father about it all. But I'd be concerned I was just scaring her off having children, or many of them.
Thank you for the compliment! That was a concern of mine at first, but then I found out that same boy got arrested a couple months later for drug possession and he dropped out of school prior to that. We gotta deal with the cards at hand and pray our decisions are for the best. I have faith she will find someone and will have many children. I feel like she wants to because she has written down, and every now and then edits the names of the children she wishes to have. Shes just not interested in dating or relationships until she is done with college or training.

Impossible to confirm. This era is also era of central banking. Printing money makes people more short-termed. They spot considering long-term consequences. This makes people prefer flings over marriage.
What is impossible to confirm?

Does current disaster comes from creation of fiat currencies or because people choose their own partners instead of parents.
Fiat currencies are part of the problem, not the cause.
People following their emotions are why relationships are being created and destroyed at will.

But I'd be concerned I was just scaring her off having children, or many of them.
My daughter was 6 when our youngest child was born and was there for the birth. She watched me labour all day, and scream during contractions. Then she watched me push him out and she was the one who caught him (with the midwife's help) and cut the cord. She loved every second of it. It did not scare her. She did get more of an appreciation for what it takes to have children. She realised that it was quite painful, and not just a box of kittens. She still wanted to have 10 children for quite a long time (so they could have 10 children and she could have 100 grandchildren), but as she has gotten older and wiser that plan has changed. She has no paid career goals in mind, she only says she wants to be a mother.

Crazy hair is also part of being a kid.
My hair has become crazier the older I have become.
Sounds like a great community!

Does NZ allow Americans to migrate (we are a rowdy bunch!).
If you have more daughters than sons, so can help to correct the present gender imbalance in our children's generation and hopefully let my sons marry someone decent, you'll be most welcome. Otherwise no, we don't want you. :p

Last edited:
My hair has become crazier the older I have become.

If you have more daughters than sons, so can help to correct the present gender imbalance in our children's generation and hopefully let my sons marry someone decent, you'll be most welcome. Otherwise no, we don't want you. :p
Fair enough, all daughters so far!
Are you guys bound together in the Australian blanket term "Down under" or are you "Down-under-and-over"? :cool:

Yes, we are "Down under" also. There's a lot of the same slang in NZ and Aussie - although lots of differences too of course.

Yes, we are "Down under" also. There's a lot of the same slang in NZ and Aussie - although lots of differences too of course.
I've always wanted to visit. My mother's ex-fiancé lives and is from there. As well as my childhood girlfriend from when I was a teenager lives there as well. Such a beautiful country!

There are a few things at play here.

First: women pick their husbands and no longer bow to the authority of their fathers (their own fathers mostly wrapped around their finger and subjected to the wife). That which she by her own authority formed (often lightly) she can destroy. 3 or 4 generations ago it was not like this but a woman only considered those the father approved and only married with his approval.

Second: Romance. Marriage is no longer seen as the only legitimate place where one has sex. Rather you have sex and fall in love and if you love someone enough you might decide to marry them. But 'love' and romance as we know it are what the Greek called eros, or lust. It is fleeting. Hence the 7 year (now often 3) itch when so many divorces happen. Lust is the foundation of marriage and when the lust fails the marriage fails; either de jure by divorce or de facto by dead bedroom.

Third: the nature of marriage. It used to be a legally one flesh relationship; she lost her independent legal identity but was an extension of her husband. She wasn't a 'wife', she was 'his woman'. She belonged to him and only he could sever the relationship. But when coverture was eliminated and women liberated she now has an independent financial incentive. No longer is her financial incentive tied to her husband and marriage. So if it most benefits her to divorce, divorce she shall.

Last edited:
But when coverture was eliminated and women liberated she now has an independent financial incentive. No longer is her financial incentive tied to her husband and marriage.
This is an aspect that I don't see those interpreting Romans 1:26 as lesbianism address. They are looking back at a culture where women were destitute without men, through a modern lense of women's independence.

Last edited:
This is an aspect that I don't see those interpreting Romans 1:26 as lesbianism address. They are looking back at a culture where women were destitute without men, through a modern lense of women's independence.
I'm not sure I follow what you mean?

"26For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27Likewise, the men abandoned natural relations with women and burned with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

Does current disaster comes from creation of fiat currencies or because people choose their own partners instead of parents.

Both. And I compliment you yet again for being on to something.

Societies' fondness for fake money and fake relationships are not separate issues. These two things in concert indicate a society that has substituted appearance for substance.

Prior to the advent of the Federal Reserve in the USA the dollar was pegged to both silver and gold.

One dollar was also one ounce of silver.
Twenty dollars in silver were the equal of one ounce of gold. Or a ratio of 20:1

Today it takes $22.50 to buy one ounce of silver and $1,981.50 to buy an ounce of gold. Or a ratio of 88:1

Either way the fiat dollar has been inflated and devalued from their original values against gold and silver.

Likewise, marriage and relationships have been devalued.

I have no conclusion to post here aside from stating that the society that allowed fiat money and fiat marriages has a real problem.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean?

"26For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27Likewise, the men abandoned natural relations with women and burned with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
They often argue that the women left men and went lesbian....but men were provision and there were no welfare programs to encourage leaving men. I think they see the leaving as more possible then it was. I believe it was only unnatural relations being exchanged for natural procrative ones.

I believe it was only unnatural relations being exchanged for natural procrative ones
Is abortion included?
Because that, imo, is the major non-procreative action.

Fiat currencies are part of the problem, not the cause.
People following their emotions are why relationships are being created and destroyed at will.
Following is assumed.

People using logic or parents are more wise than using feeling. And wisdom does work over long term. If central bank print money and cause short-termism, people will start using feeling. Therefore, central banks are cause, not effect.

Probably in real life they both influence each other for worse.

I have 4 daughters (one day I pray to have at least one son 🙏)!

Is the Dowry system still a thing because my eldest daughter is 18. (I'll accept many acers of fine timbered land, silver/gold, sheep, goats &/or cows)! She has told me none of the males in her age group & school are acceptable, and that they are feminized beta males with most having the goofiest hairstyles (see below).

View attachment 4592
Bride price is most definitely still applicable. Typically reserved for a virgin in how I've seen it observed nowadays. You being a father who has raised daughters in Truth, you have every right to expect a bride price. Open up discussions with men you feel are honorable and see where you both think is a fair value. I think the idea of land, animals, precious metals applied toward bride price is wonderful. More useful than Federal Reserve notes lol!

May Yah bless your house my brother.

Back