• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Courtship?

The possibility of finding an eligible female that hasn’t been through several relationships and is still anywhere close enough emotionally to her father for it to matter is somewhere between slim and none.
It’s a nice theory though.

The possibility of finding an eligible female that hasn’t been through several relationships and is still anywhere close enough emotionally to her father for it to matter is somewhere between slim and none.
That's a good point too.

What none of us have daughters?

This world is a mess but change begins at home. Fathers need to take up the responsibilities our forefathers once held to teach and protect their daughters.

If enough people do this the problem fixes itself in 1 generation.

What none of us have daughters?
How many of the men in this site are you open to as possible sons-in-law?
They would be the “slim” part.
The chances for the rest would be the “none” part.

It is rather interesting how rarely daughters are even mentioned in this community so far. Like they are being hidden from the folks here... Probably wisely so! 😋
Most of the girls that I have seen raised in this understanding are not all that interested in making that choice. They have too many options otherwise.

How many of the men in this site are you open to as possible sons-in-law?
They would be the “slim” part.
The chances for the rest would be the “none” part.
I have three daughters. Two of them are married, and the third is not interested in polygyny.

Most of the girls that I have seen raised in this understanding are not all that interested in making that choice. They have too many options otherwise.
This is the truth. A daughter raised to accept patriarchy with or without polygyny, is so highly desirable that one doesn’t have to look far afield to find husbands.

And most fathers would prefer men they’ve known personally and have a better chance of not moving far away.

One of the reasons I have focused so heavily on local community for several years now is to build an environment conducive to development of marriage relationships. It is not easy to build community locally. Everyone has such fractured and independent lives now. Even getting people from a very narrow subculture like Torah Observing Christians together once a month is like pulling teeth.

We have been hosting a sit and visit with your neighbors gathering Saturday mornings now for going on three years. We provide the place, and coffee (or chicory) and sweets. We do let folks donate.. to help with ingredients. Homemade Danish yesterday had a pound and a half of butter in them!!

Our oldest son hosts a music jam after that, and there is also a Bible study twice a month. It is very good to talk with your neighbors.

One of the reasons I have focused so heavily on local community for several years now is to build an environment conducive to development of marriage relationships. It is not easy to build community locally. Everyone has such fractured and independent lives now. Even getting people from a very narrow subculture like Torah Observing Christians together once a month is like pulling teeth.
Things are fixin to get rough, it’ll be easier then.

We have been hosting a sit and visit with your neighbors gathering Saturday mornings now for going on three years. We provide the place, and coffee (or chicory) and sweets. We do let folks donate.. to help with ingredients. Homemade Danish yesterday had a pound and a half of butter in them!!

Our oldest son hosts a music jam after that, and there is also a Bible study twice a month. It is very good to talk with your neighbors.
This. It's not just preaching, exegesis, study. It's communion. :)

I had a friend trying to start a religious community and having difficulties. I told him to stop trying to form some sort of study structure and just invite people over to dinner. It worked.

It is rather interesting how rarely daughters are even mentioned in this community so far. Like they are being hidden from the folks here... Probably wisely so! 😋
My daughters are 11 and 7. Not hiding them, but they're a long way from being ready for marriage. We also have a large majority of boys being born in the district, so if they want to marry someone local they will have their pick.

My daughters are 11 and 7. Not hiding them, but they're a long way from being ready for marriage. We also have a large majority of boys being born in the district, so if they want to marry someone local they will have their pick.
I have 4 daughters (one day I pray to have at least one son 🙏)!

Is the Dowry system still a thing because my eldest daughter is 18. (I'll accept many acers of fine timbered land, silver/gold, sheep, goats &/or cows)! She has told me none of the males in her age group & school are acceptable, and that they are feminized beta males with most having the goofiest hairstyles (see below).

1678652269360.png

She has told me none of the males in her age group & school are acceptable, and that they are feminized beta males with most having the goofiest hairstyles (see below).
Most of the boys around here are Christian, homeschoolers, and farm boys, with decent parents that don't do the woke or emasculating males stuff. Some of them have crazy hairstyles which means one of two things. Either their mum didn't get around to cutting their hair yet, or the boy couldn't be bothered having his hair cut because he was too busy helping dad out on the farm.

Is the Dowry system still a thing because my eldest daughter is 18.
It should be! It shows such great value for women.

Some of them have crazy hairstyles
Crazy hair is also part of being a kid. I had the infamous bowl cut as a 13 year old and I still cringe to think of it...

Crazy hair is also part of being a kid. I had the infamous bowl cut as a 13 year old and I still cringe to think of it...
Agreed! But this new sheep's tops haircut is popular over here in FL, every kid has a at least some variation of it.

I miss my old hair from 2016, it was down past my shoulders😭

Most of the boys around here are Christian, homeschoolers, and farm boys, with decent parents that don't do the woke or emasculating males stuff. Some of them have crazy hairstyles which means one of two things. Either their mum didn't get around to cutting their hair yet, or the boy couldn't be bothered having his hair cut because he was too busy helping dad out on the farm.

Sounds like a great community!

Does NZ allow Americans to migrate (we are a rowdy bunch!).

I have 4 daughters (one day I pray to have at least one son 🙏)!

Is the Dowry system still a thing because my eldest daughter is 18. (I'll accept many acers of fine timbered land, silver/gold, sheep, goats &/or cows)! She has told me none of the males in her age group & school are acceptable, and that they are feminized beta males with most having the goofiest hairstyles (see below).

View attachment 4592
Great comment. I don't have a wife, I still haven't found the right women, I don't have children either, but I've always been in favor of the man paying the dowry (a fair amount).
The dowry is great and helps to choose a suitable man for the daughter. The dowry is a mechanism against the lazy. It prevents the girl from marrying a man who does not work.
You are right.

I liked your comment and I also thought it was funny.
Personally, I don't like to cut my hair. So when it's cold my ears get hot. I keep my hair medium. I cut my hair only when necessary (so it doesn't get too long)
and yes, you have a reason, it's really nice to work on a farm. I always liked the countryside.

Back