• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dallas Retreat!, Jan 24-26th, 2014

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Re: Dallas Area - January 24-26 Retreat

Let's just make this thread 'it' for the Dallas retreat.

We have a nice list of folks who have already requested Dallas info (including at least 5 plural families), and we are working to nail down a hotel location in the next few weeks (won't be posted here, per our SOP). Many of those are not even active on the forum, so they likely won't be responding here. Chris, Ramona, and pumpkin - I'm adding you to that list now (Paul and DeeAnn already on it), so watch for an email from retreats@biblicalfamilies.org, or bug me if you don't see it before Thanksgiving. Anyone else who sees this, send an email to the same address if you want to be on the list.

BTW, Doc should be there! Hopefully his wife Mia as well, though that's not for certain at this point.

Looking forward to getting the TX (and OK,MO,LA,AR and more!) folks together finally. At least Julie and I will be there - perhaps Nita as well.

Nathan

Re: Dallas Area?

Hey y'all, my gang plans to be there. Things have been hectic for us lately but have calmed down suddenly. Nathan I know I was supposed to be involved in planning, I will be getting in touch with you soon to do that. We look forward to seeing everyone!!!

Hey Nathan do you have Annette and myself down? If the dates are right we should be able to make it.

Troy

Your on the list, Chaplain! (Finalizing hotel plans this week, the retreat mail WILL go out next week.)

please put me on the list in case I get in the area. :D

Hello,
My wife and I are a local Texas family who have been looking at plural marriage for a while.
We are Messianic Jews with a faith in Messiah and who keep Torah.
Is this retreat something we could benefit from? I only just found this site tonight and we don't know
Any other believers like us who believe in biblical marriage.
I'm also curious about cost of a retreat. We are a young family and still getting
Established. You can either reply to this or email me at
light_warrior27@yahoo.com

Email retreats@biblicalfamilies.org for the latest info. I highly recommend attending a retreat, you will meet others who think the same including some who are in plural marriages. Online discussion is good (so welcome to the forum!) but nothing beats meeting people in person.

I've notified everyone that is on this thread, with retreat info. Some folks seem to get the retreat info email blocked by junkmail filters - @yahoo.com seems particularly bad at this. If you asked for the info, you ARE getting the emails - check your junkmail, and add retreats@biblicalfamilies.org to your safe senders list.

BTW, we are having a large crowd in Dallas - it's not too late to join us. Email or PM me if you still want to to get the retreat details.

Posting from the retreat :)

I have to say that the fellowship is soo sweet that it absolutely must be fattening :D

I sincerely regret that I did not make this a family priority. I decided late that I could make it by going 300 miles out of route, and it has been completely worth it! (and it has only Friday evening and part of Saturday breakfast so far).

steve said:
Posting from the retreat :)

I have to say that the fellowship is soo sweet that it absolutely must be fattening :D

I sincerely regret that I did not make this a family priority. I decided late that I could make it by going 300 miles out of route, and it has been completely worth it! (and it has only Friday evening and part of Saturday breakfast so far).

Well hey there Mr. Turner!

I wish I could be there with you too. I am sure I speak for the whole family on that one!

Please tell everyone hello for me and send my love to them! I miss everyone and I would have loved to meet all the new people there with you.

I'm so blessed to know your fellowship has been so deligtful and that the worship has been awesome too.

I pray for continual blessings during the rest of the retreat and that people's lives would be touched, healed, and deeply ministered to by the Holy Spirit.

Loves to you always,

Your "other" wife,
Deborah

The retreat was AWESOME, and based on the hours of conversation my family has had so far (and we're still having) about the retreat and where we think we're headed from here, I don't think it's hyperbole to say it was life-changing. Grazie mille to all who worked so hard to arrange and organize and finance the event. May God bless you richly for your service.

It's Tuesday and my heart is still so full of love and light from this amazing, literally life-changing retreat. We have led worship for many years now and I have to say, this was my favorite experience. Because of the love and acceptance I felt from the people gathered there, I have a better understanding of Christ's love for me and my crazy, beautiful family. We are not alone. It is both humbling and overwhelming.

Thank you to everyone who listened to God and made this happen. I am grateful beyond words. I wish you all a life full of joy and peace and Christ-filled fellowship. You remain in my heart and prayers and I look forward to worshiping with you again soon!

Long time poster, first time retreat attender. It was absolutely fabulous. So interesting and so fun! I am sure we have made a lot of friends for life, even if we never become actual polygamists. Lots of tears, love and laughter. Kind of hard to describe, but not what I expected. There were new couples there considering polygamy, and there were mature polygamist families who have been polygamists for years who were happy to share the war stories. There was excellent teaching, not just about polygamy but more like about Christian maturity (Rise and Shine!). The worship and the praise band were wonderful and moving. About 50 adults from all walks of life, plus their children. The children were all well behaved and a real joy to be around. My wife Ruth Ann also loved it. The best decision we made was to stay through until Monday, so we could spend more time with some that we did not get to spend time with earlier in the weekend. If you are on the fence you definitely have to come next time. I am looking forward to receiving a copy of the roster so I can contact everyone individually and tell them how much I enjoyed spending the weekend with them.

cnystrom said:
The best decision we made was to stay through until Monday, so we could spend more time with some that we did not get to spend time with earlier in the weekend. If you are on the fence you definitely have to come next time.
What he said. We stayed over also and benefited greatly from the extra time with new friends (48 hours goes by WAY too fast). And for reasons that now in hindsight seem pretty lame, this was our first retreat, but we are already gearing up for TN this summer and can't wait to see everyone again, as well as make some more new friends. "Come on in, the water's fine!" ;)

Brian R Kelson said:
[W]here was your drum Steve?
Speakin' o' which: I'd like to encourage everybody that can play a guitar or hand drum or tambourine (or other portable acoustic instrument) to bring your instrument(s) to Tennessee this summer. We'll do at least one acoustic set of worship that will be open to anyone who wants to participate in playing the music.

Back