• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dallas Retreat!, Jan 24-26th, 2014

Correction....

Technicly she is more of a Hershey bar color I suppose but for some reason we call that skin color black and my basicly peach tone white of course this is only in reference to skin. When talking about color in any other sense of the word we generally use more accurate descriptions.

Blitz,

Are you in a plural marriage at present, or are you seeking to add to your family?

Just the two of us currently and we would be open to a second wife. We both believe and are comfortable with polygamy. Why do you ask?

Yes! Plans are on the drawing board now for a January 2015 retreat in Texarkana. Stay tuned for more information as plans firm up.

I have no business commenting on both having 2 wives and biracial relationships, or retreats... for that matter. But Moses seems to have a dark-skinned wife (Numbers 12:1) and He was displeased (to say the least) with Miriam and Aaron for disrespecting Moses because of the color of his wife.

If we stand up for Him and His truth, we are going to get hit... HARD. Skin color is just one of the obstacles we have to overcome.

Although, there are always practical side to things, and I believe it skims close to the query of Alit.

Thanks.

Hello everyone!

It is one day after we left the hotel and I am wishing we had at least a week to hang out with all of our new friends. It was truly a "well" experience. The Lord gave us drink and food that we have been starving for. I cannot thank you all enough for your love, acceptance and beautiful words of encouragement. I so enjoyed every session, hearing everyone's stories, wonderful teaching, creative assignments, praying for one another, hanging out with other women, worshiping together, and the wonderful time of communion that I have so missed. Our family is so grateful to have met each one of you and made so many awesome new relationships. I look forward to the future and love this new feeling of hope knowing that we are not alone in this calling that our heavenly Father has called us to. Love to you all!!
We missed all of you at the Branson retreat, Ann!

Long time poster, first time retreat attender. It was absolutely fabulous. So interesting and so fun! I am sure we have made a lot of friends for life, even if we never become actual polygamists. Lots of tears, love and laughter. Kind of hard to describe, but not what I expected. There were new couples there considering polygamy, and there were mature polygamist families who have been polygamists for years who were happy to share the war stories. There was excellent teaching, not just about polygamy but more like about Christian maturity (Rise and Shine!). The worship and the praise band were wonderful and moving. About 50 adults from all walks of life, plus their children. The children were all well behaved and a real joy to be around. My wife Ruth Ann also loved it. The best decision we made was to stay through until Monday, so we could spend more time with some that we did not get to spend time with earlier in the weekend. If you are on the fence you definitely have to come next time. I am looking forward to receiving a copy of the roster so I can contact everyone individually and tell them how much I enjoyed spending the weekend with them.

It is kind of interesting looking back at this over 7 years later. This was the first one we ever attended. We never did become polygamists, but we did gain friends for life I think. Some friends we met at this retreat are not even active with BF, but still personal friends. Good times. Fond memories. We are not able to make every retreat, but we have loved every retreat we have been able to make.

Would not hurt my feelings to see another one within a realistic driving distance of Dallas. If close enough by then I would pitch in with prep and what not.

Back