• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dealing with a Racist Childhood Friend

Did you have a hard time understanding comedy when you were young? I remember as a child always having to tell him I was joking. The interesting thing is that he would remember it so if I made a joke that was somewhat similar, he would start laughing. If it was something new, I would have to start over and tell him it was a joke. Never thought much of it as a child but as an adult, I started to wonder if he wasn't on the spectrum. Pretty sure he his.

I generally connect with observational comedy and it's very rare that I have a gut-busting belly laugh like some people do. There's a lot of comedy I don't 'get' but like your friend I'll politely laugh and go along with it.

Schadenfreude and ironic justice is often funny to me while others may not always find it funny. There was a video I saw a long time ago of some Arab man firing a rifle at an American tank somewhere and he ended up getting obliterated by a single shot from the tank. The stupidity or hubris of attacking a tank with a rifle made me giggle and it still does. It reminded me of Road Runner cartoons where the coyote would get tripped up by his own stupidity or arrogance.

I hate laugh tracks on TV shows that try to tell you when to laugh because the 'comedy' itself is usually insipid and not at all funny to me.

Here's one thing I will leave you with is that IMHO everyone is on the spectrum to some degree or another.

To me the spectrum looks like this:

Non-functional <-----------------> Functional <-----------------> Not apparently symptomatic

But you're not going to persuade him yourself with your own reasoning.
This is sooo very true. For me it was YaHWeH's word.
He has to persuade himself.
He needs to get in YaHWeH's word, so YaHWeH can "persuade" him.

There was a time in my life to my shame, almost 31 years ago I used to hate black people, and when I mean hate, I mean HATE!! Then I became a Christian, started reading the Bible.

I saw that YaHWeH was NOT!! a respecter of person...

I Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Revelation of John 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation of John 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation of John 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I would like to point out in all 4 of the above passages, NOT ONCE DO YOU SEE COLOR!!

I SEE "WE, HE, DEAD AND WHOSOEVER" but NOT one mention of color.

That is why I am NOT a mormon, christian identity because of there views on blacks, CI has more colors on there list, I know because I once was CI, and yes I am aware there are more.

I remember a few years after Yah opened my eyes the Father had us visiting a church for awhile that had a BLACK preacher, me and the preacher got talking one particular sunday and I shared with him, "If you knew my back ground you would be surprised that I am here standing talking to YOU." he said "Isn't our God great" I said "yes He is."

Remember... John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

This is sooo very true. For me it was YaHWeH's word.

He needs to get in YaHWeH's word, so YaHWeH can "persuade" him.

There was a time in my life to my shame, almost 31 years ago I used to hate black people, and when I mean hate, I mean HATE!! Then I became a Christian, started reading the Bible.

I saw that YaHWeH was NOT!! a respecter of person...

I Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Revelation of John 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation of John 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation of John 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I would like to point out in all 4 of the above passages, NOT ONCE DO YOU SEE COLOR!!

I SEE "WE, HE, DEAD AND WHOSOEVER" but NOT one mention of color.

That is why I am NOT a mormon, christian identity because of there views on blacks, CI has more colors on there list, I know because I once was CI, and yes I am aware there are more.

I remember a few years after Yah opened my eyes the Father had us visiting a church for awhile that had a BLACK preacher, me and the preacher got talking one particular sunday and I shared with him, "If you knew my back ground you would be surprised that I am here standing talking to YOU." he said "Isn't our God great" I said "yes He is."

Remember... John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
The Son of God redeems people from every nation, tribe, people, and tongue.

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” (Revelation 7:9-10 njkv)

We could also probably suggest the opposite also true. Some of every group (tongue, tribe, nation, and people) will go to destruction.

I'm not certain that he has that much clarity on his views. Something I've noticed about him is that he never has his own opinions. His opinions are always someone else's. It's like he needs to latch on to somebody else's ideology. From what I can gather, he is for a "white ethno state".

Sounds like it's a phase he's going through. Try not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Most people get their opinions from others. And most people lack clarity on the 'racism' issue because the word is more emotional mind control than logical meaning. 'Racist' could mean anything from 'hates other races and wants them dead' to 'he refuses kill his white self'. Most states are ethno-states and that has been true throughout history. The exceptions are these things called empires where one ethnicity rules a bunch of others. When blacks want to rule themselves it's called BLM and a good thing, when whites want to rule themselves it's called racist, terrorist triple bad think.

There is a man who I grew up with who is unmarried and is growing more racist by the day. To me, I see it as a resentful spirit that has grown as women have rejected him. I'm honestly a bit clueless on where to go with him. He's also a bit autistic--likely Aspergers to be pecise.

I would appreciate scripture and or general arguments for why he should not be racist.

Weird request... I know. I'd love to hear any angles y'all can come up with.

Side note: He claims to be a believer though I have more doubts as time goes on.

Side, side note: At what point do you decide to break fellowship?

Side, side, side note: Prayers for him are welcome.

Site, site, side, side note: He is white.

@phaedrus - I have a couple of questions for you as I don't want to assume your position or standing:

1. You state this man "is growing more racist by the day." Please define what you think the word "racist" means and why you think it is a "resentful spirit?"

2. Is it that this man has a different view of racial differences and that bothers you?

3. You have doubts this man is a believer and ask at what point to break "fellowship." Is that because you think that being "racist" or "racism" is a sin?

4. Do you think that the Bible is inclusive of all "races" or what is called the non-Biblical "brotherhood of man" doctrine?

5. Why does it matter that "He is white?"

I hope these questions will stir further seeking of the truth, for the truth is what makes us free.

Patrick

Racism is so freaking myopic I can't even wrap my mind around it!! Heck, I'll take a wife in every shade.... :D Racism is for idiots!!

@PeteR - It's important to define words and what you think they mean. So, I have a couple of questions for you:

Could you please define "Racism" and clarify why you think it is "freaking myopic" and you can't wrap your mind around it, and is "for idiots"?

By your statement "Heck, I'll take a wife in every shade..." Would it be correct to say that you support interracial marraige, e.g. miscegenation or race mixing?

Would it be correct to say that you support interracial marraige, e.g. miscegenation or race mixing?
Nah, that would be marrying your dog.
We is all part of the human race, even if our skin tones differ.

@PeteR - It's important to define words and what you think they mean. So, I have a couple of questions for you:

Could you please define "Racism" and clarify why you think it is "freaking myopic" and you can't wrap your mind around it, and is "for idiots"?

By your statement "Heck, I'll take a wife in every shade..." Would it be correct to say that you support interracial marraige, e.g. miscegenation or race mixing?
“and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17‬:‭26‬

The idea of separate races is unbiblical, and of the world. There are nations and cultures, yes, but race has more to do with Darwin than Jesus.

Nah, that would be marrying your dog.
We is all part of the human race, even if our skin tones differ.

@steve - A dog is of the quadruped specie. To state "marrying your dog" infers copulation, which is to defile thyself and is confusion (Lev. 18:23). It is a mixing (that doesn't produce anything), but obviously not the type I am questioning.

What exactly do you mean when you state "We is all part of the human race?"

For your edification > Race is defined, etymologically, as a "people descended from a common ancestor, tribe, nation (a race of people)"

“and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17‬:‭26‬

The idea of separate races is unbiblical, and of the world. There are nations and cultures, yes, but race has more to do with Darwin than Jesus.

@b_ce - Please define "blood", "nations", "cultures", and "men" in the Biblical context.

If your position is that "all nations of men" have come from "one [blood]" (blood not being in the original texts) then how do we have diferrent "kinds" (kind etymologically = family; race) of men, such as, white, black, red, and yellow?

Concerning your strong statement of "separate races is unbiblical:"

1. What biblical evidence or proof do you have that there are no "separate races?"
2. Where does Yah (God) declare that all kinds/races of men come from one source?
3. You are contradicting yourself by stating "There are nations and cultures." Look up "nations" and "cultures" and you should realize the contradiction.

For your edification, the Bible mentions ten (10) times from Gen. 1:11-25 "after his/their kind."

Please explain why Yah in his infinite wisdom would be sure that this was mentioned, not once, not twice, but ten times if there were no separate "kinds?"

@PatrickJ, what do you believe? You are saying others are wrong and asking for proof, but have not stated what you believe yourself. I think we would have a far more profitable discussion if you would simply state your own viewpoint and why you believe it, and we could then consider that.

@steve - A dog is of the quadruped specie. To state "marrying your dog" infers copulation, which is to defile thyself and is confusion (Lev. 18:23). It is a mixing (that doesn't produce anything), but obviously not the type I am questioning.

For your edification > Race is defined, etymologically, as a "people descended from a common ancestor, tribe, nation (a race of people)"
I’m trying nicely to say “Take that crap somewhere else.

I didn't see anyone else mention this but I also only skimmed. Ken Ham gives both a great biblical and scientific basis for racism being flat out and absurdity. He has a few lectures on it and a book by the same name. I highly recommend checking it out. He pretty much breaks it down at every level and systematically destroys the entire concept of racism.

I posted a link to the book below. I believe the lecture was of the same name.

I’m trying nicely to say “Take that crap somewhere else.
@steve - Let's see... you responded to a question I directed toward @PeteR and then I asked you a question based on your response, and now you
state "Take that crap somewhere else."

Even though you quoted all my response, I'm not clear on what "that crap" is.

Is it something I stated or is it about the topic in general?

Or, is it your intent to have me leave this thread because you don't like questions?

@steve - Let's see... you responded to a question I directed toward @PeteR and then I asked you a question based on your response, and now you
state "Take that crap somewhere else."

Or, is it your intent to have me leave this thread because you don't like questions?
You can stop pretending you don’t understand.
I didn't see anyone else mention this but I also only skimmed. Ken Ham gives both a great biblical and scientific basis for racism being flat out and absurdity. He has a few lectures on it and a book by the same name. I highly recommend checking it out. He pretty much breaks it down at every level and systematically destroys the entire concept of racism.

I posted a link to the book below. I believe the lecture was of the same name.

Research what Ken Ham has to say on the subject. If you decide to try and prove him wrong, start a new thread.

Oh, and this is a public thread.
If your conversation with Pete is private, then keep it private.

@PatrickJ, what do you believe? You are saying others are wrong and asking for proof, but have not stated what you believe yourself. I think we would have a far more profitable discussion if you would simply state your own viewpoint and why you believe it, and we could then consider that.

@FollowingHim - Do you mean that asking questions is not having a "profitable discussion?"

This thread was started by @phaedrus about a friend who is "growing more racist by the day."

I asked him questions (which he has not answered as of yet) to better clarify his claims and have a more "profitable discussion."

Just as I've asked @PeteR and @b_ce (whom I noticed liked your post).

I'm confused on why answering questions is so difficult if we are here to have "profitable discussion."

You can stop pretending you don’t understand.

@steve - Understand what? You haven't been very clear on what you mean or your intent.

I've asked you questions that you've chosen not to answer. Which were:

and

But, I'll take it that you don't wish to answer the questions I've asked and leave it at that.

Oh, and this is a public thread. If your conversation with Pete is private, then keep it private.

You're pointing out the obvious, but my conversation is with those whom have responded on this public thread.

This guy reminds me of our dearly beloved Torah-keepers. Ignores, deflects, plays dumb, and gaslights. Just say what you are thinking, @PatrickJ, and get it over with. Nobody likes a tease.

I'll hopefully kick start you into gear @PatrickJ
how do we have diferrent "kinds" (kind etymologically = family; race) of men, such as, white, black, red, and yellow?
Where do your ideas of white, black, "yellow", and "red" people come from? Never read that in the Bible. I distinctly remember Charles Darwin explaining people in this fashion, who was scientifically wrong. He called them caucasoid, negroid, australoid, and mongoloid in his book, Descent of Man.
1. What biblical evidence or proof do you have that there are no "separate races?"
2. Where does Yah (God) declare that all kinds/races of men come from one source?
3. You are contradicting yourself by stating "There are nations and cultures." Look up "nations" and "cultures" and you should realize the contradiction.
So does your belief system entail that whites, blacks, "reds", and "yellows" do not all trace back to Adam and Eve? If so, where do you have scriptual evidence for that?

Last edited:
Back